Light years ahead of the 590!

The 590 is a great sat nav but the XT is miles better

I aren't doing myself any favours for selling the 590 here :lol:

The Zumo XT :thumb:

Is it as good as I think? :thumb:

Thank you for the feedback, I was very tempted to get one but you just helped making up my mind. :thumb: :thumb:

Is it as good as I think? :thumb:

Thank you for the feedback, I was very tempted to get one but you just helped making up my mind. :thumb: :thumb:

Make sure you use the sportsbikeshop link if you do :lol:

Make sure you use the sportsbikeshop link if you do :lol:

Obvious ;)

Look at the state on the bottom of the stand......that's not acceptable!

s1.thumb.jpg.c11c0b252c57becbfd87cd6f2219a0cf.jpg

So I had to do a number onit!

s2.thumb.jpg.1e929c62a4b0d65d7deada7334f1cbe0.jpg

Once it goes back on the centre stand today (with a carpet underneath it) I'll do the sidestand!

Now my bike is back home and the 3rd party insurance have paid out I’m replacing the broken bits to make it road legal before an MOT to appease my insurance company.

Not too bothered about the few scratches to the fairing and engine bars.

However on reading the technicians report and quote couldn’t believe it was my bike being looked at. But then on looking at the Suzuki genuine parts costs it was believable. 😳.

So now got a Cat N against my bike. ☹️

Look at the state on the bottom of the stand......that's not acceptable!

s1.jpg

So I had to do a number onit!

s2.jpg

Once it goes back on the centre stand today (with a carpet underneath it) I'll do the sidestand!

thats better

Replacement rear shock arrived today for my GSX600F.

I got it MOTed last saturday,passed with an advisory that the rear shock rebound was stiff.

I suspected a siezed bottom linlkage, disconnected the rear shock, linkages fine but shock has had it.

I removed the spring, the damper rod pushes in with the expected damping resistance, but it is extremely difficult to pull out.

Used one off ebay for £30, seems to be working fine but looks rough.

I am going to swap the springs, because the one off the bike is fairly rust free unlike the replacement.

The shock is going to get a clean up and coat of pain, before it goes on.

This is a new one on me! 

Got them on the Harley . Wish I'd had them on the GSXR , they were a pain in the arse even with an adaptor .

Just about to start fitting the alarm to Bridget(CG125) that has just arrived :thumb:

I'm surprised you can find anywhere to hide it on a CG .

Just about to start fitting the alarm to Bridget(CG125) that has just arrived :thumb:

It's all done and fitted :lol: :thumb: , ended up having to rewire the rear indicators as the wiring literally fell to bits from heavy corrosion :thumb:

[mention]fastbob[/mention] it was tight but managed it just, there was the main control unit, a siren and speaker, i do like my talking alarms :lol: :cheers:

It's all done and fitted :lol: :thumb: , ended up having to rewire the rear indicators as the wiring literally fell to bits from heavy corrosion :thumb:

@fastbob it was tight but managed it just, there was the main control unit, a siren and speaker, i do like my talking alarms :lol: :cheers:

@fastbob it was tight but managed it just, there was the main control unit, a siren and speaker, i do like my talking alarms :lol: :cheers:

I was tempted to get the swearing version but just got the standard talking one, plus the swearing one was £10 dearer :cheers:

Due to my non-existent sense of direction (even on roads that I know) I'm going to need to use the GPS from time to time.

There's no way I can mount it behind the screen so it'll have to go on the bars. Though it may well be better there given my bad eyesight.......because I was struggling to see it clearly when it was further away.

It obscures the clocks a bit so the phone will only go on when I actually need directions.......the bracket will stay on there ready for when it needs to be used.

20201012_115117-min.thumb.jpg.b791e75e2b5adc422591f936ab7eb6e8.jpg

Haven't done anything on the last few days on either bike.

Fitted some LED lighting inside connected to an old bike battery.

The focus now is to adapt the motor from an old Bosh jet wash to the Stanley compressor.

The old motor packed in and I won't be replacing the rotor.

So brushless motor from the jet wash will have to do.

first attempt almost worked but the connecting axle wasn't strong enough and broke :scratch:

Still working on second axle but it is stronger.