What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Got a nice little ride planned for Saturday, from Shenley out to Ivinghoe Beacon, and then on to the Green Dragon in Flaunden for lunch. My Thruxton will be accompanied by a CCM Flat Tracker, an R9T Sport and two other Triumphs - a Street Scrambler and a Street Twin.

Really looking forward to it!

If the weather doesn't improve I shall be making trees for my railway.

These are prototypes waiting for the foliage to be added. The one lying its side has the root system on an angle as it will be growing on an embankment.

IMG_20201008_073846827.jpg

I've seen this done . Are you unpicking multi strand cable ?

My plan is to dive into this ER5 engine on a voyage of discovery . I've got a feeling the head gasket has gone. I need to be sure because this thing is going to get me to the Outer Hebrides and back .

16021826675001273782223421445453.thumb.jpg.5f3f81943dd69b475d6d0b9ee9797b02.jpg

These are prototypes waiting for the foliage to be added. The one lying its side has the root system on an angle as it will be growing on an embankment.

I found some brown florist's wire that's just the right gauge. Once the shape is right I've covered them in latex to hide the wires, then paint with Matt acrylic.

I found some brown florist's wire that's just the right gauge. Once the shape is right I've covered them in latex to hide the wires, then paint with Matt acrylic.

And they are amazingly effective . In a few days the leaves will be off the trees . I was thinking , if you had some wire and the time , you could model an actual tree from life while sitting and looking at it .

So it's another weekend.......and the weather is looking very good here!

775189212_Screenshot2020-10-09094908.jpg.49604f69bcf40ad217335bcafffb5f16.jpg

Bike looking very good too......still more detailing to do but that'll be an ongoing thing. Trying to get everything as I want it in one hit will kill me at my age!

So I'm going to be Styling and Profiling.......no idea where at the moment though.

The Dark Motorcycling locations are a fair distance away......so those are for later on in the year.

What you got planned?

And they are amazingly effective . In a few days the leaves will be off the trees . I was thinking , if you had some wire and the time , you could model an actual tree from life while sitting and looking at it .

Of course if you made a tree like this people would say I hadn't hidden the wires very well.

IMG_20201009_145612338.thumb.jpg.02ffbad7a0bf75fa137f2f366862a54d.jpg

So it's another weekend.......and the weather is looking very good here!

Screenshot 2020-10-09 094908.jpg

Bike looking very good too......still more detailing to do but that'll be an ongoing thing. Trying to get everything as I want it in one hit will kill me at my age!

So I'm going to be Styling and Profiling.......no idea where at the moment though.

The Dark Motorcycling locations are a fair distance away......so those are for later on in the year.

What you got planned?

Not badScreenshot_20201010-112434_Weather.thumb.jpg.5da3333c1a9049c17c6945f39883c20d.jpg

I'll be sunbathing and scuba diving

This afternoon will be swinging a chainsaw and hedgetrimmer in anger :lol: , a friend wants a tree pruning but it is covered in ivy and what looks like hawthorn that will need to be removed first, he has an electric trimmer but won't even touch it, this job needs petrol power :twisted: :cheers:

This afternoon will be swinging a chainsaw and hedgetrimmer in anger :lol: , a friend wants a tree pruning but it is covered in ivy and what looks like hawthorn that will need to be removed first, he has an electric trimmer but won't even touch it, this job needs petrol power :twisted: :cheers:

We have a 8 foot hawthorn hedge all round the house, must be a few hundred yards of it. Our local farming suppliers recommended a Stihl electric hedge cutter on account of the torque of the electric motor allows the blades to run slower so they can chop thicker branches. Cheap electrics are low power so the blades both run too fast and can't cut thick hawthorne. Petrol has power but not a lot of torque so they also run too fast to actually allow the thicker branches to enter the gaps in the blade.

I wasn't convinced as I'd gone in for a petrol one but he was right. I tried petrol and it just didn't cut the hedge like the electric one does.It was twice the price of my chainsaw though. Hawthorn is a bugger to deal with if you react to the spikes.

All done took just under 2 hours, my hedge trimmer is a mountfield 25cc and is capable of cutting through 30mm branches, it was a piece of cake, even the rain didn't spoil my fun :lol: i think i have earned myself a kebab for tea tonight :cheers:

Today I went to the seaside.

It was raining.

IMG_20201007_092810709.jpgIMG_20201007_092748468.jpg

I want to say on the Wirral, but cannot recognise the seafront.

It's overlooking Liverpool bay I believe go on our me out of my misery....

Today I went to the seaside.

It was raining.

IMG_20201007_092810709.jpgIMG_20201007_092748468.jpg

I want to say on the Wirral, but cannot recognise the seafront.

It's overlooking Liverpool bay I believe go on our me out of my misery....

Close but no cigar. It's the other side, Burbo Bank by the Coastguard station.

Looking it over Crosby and just south of bundle sands to Great Burbo Bank the other side of the Mersey...

1441728161_Screenshot_20201010-1913272.thumb.png.f7a6426718bdbfbcd9d150efed8a0c0f.png

Geeky habit of mine, trying to recognize places from photos.

Looks like a cracking spot.

Can you get to the iron men on the beach from there?

Finished up these:

20201010_201839.thumb.jpg.96795b8327b6762d07334c16e54269ed.jpg

They're [strikeout]perfusion control systems for electrophysiology patch clamp rigs[/strikeout] science stuff.

The sticky out bits are valves - they're custom made in Italy and take an age to get here. Luckily I had enough in stock to get the customer up and running until the rest arrive.

Just had an order for three more sets so... fun. :lol:

Looking it over Crosby and just south of bundle sands to Great Burbo Bank the other side of the Mersey...

Screenshot_20201010-191327~2.png

Geeky habit of mine, trying to recognize places from photos.

Looks like a cracking spot.

Can you get to the iron men on the beach from there?

Yes, the iron men are on that beach. My parents gave an apartment just along the front so they look out over the estuary, fabulous view.

Finished up these:

20201010_201839.jpg

They're [strikeout]perfusion control systems for electrophysiology patch clamp rigs[/strikeout] science stuff.

The sticky out bits are valves - they're custom made in Italy and take an age to get here. Luckily I had enough in stock to get the customer up and running until the rest arrive.

What's your career?

Finished up these:

20201010_201839.jpg

What's your career?

I think it's something to do with Skynet by the sounds of it.