Introduction

Davidtav

Hi. I have been on here a little while now and made a few posts. Thought I should introduce myself properly.

Had the ubiquitous FS1e at 16 (wish I still had it!)

In my 30s I commuted into London from Essex on a Yamaha SR125 and later a Kawasaki ER5

Sold the ER5 in 2003 … didn’t need it for commuting and I thought motor biking for pleasure was probably a bit irresponsible with wife and teenage children (just my thoughts at the time)

Fast forward till 2019. My circumstances have changed dramatically. I’m retired. Widowed. And my children are adults (well supposedly lol) … so one day I wandered into a motorcycle shop and thought why don’t I get a bike again? Couldn’t think of a good argument against. Quite fancied a Honda CB500 … anyway I thought I should try a bike again before taking the plunge. So I booked a half day with a local school to see if I still did really like it … well yes I loved it. They put me on a Kawasaki Z650 which I felt really at home with. Reminded me of the ER5 … so I bought a new Z650. Which I’m really pleased with. I spend time between North Yorkshire and West Scotland. The Kawasaki has been brilliant for those trips. I just love some of the roads in Scotland. So that’s a little bit about me

Hello and welcome . I too love the roads of Northwest Scotland . Unfortunately it takes me a day to get there .from Coventry. Have you ridden the B7076 / B7078 from Carlisle to Glasgow ?

Hi Fastbob … no actually. I’ve just looked at the map to check those roads … my destination is Portavadie. And I travel from Ripon. Several times a year … so I cross from Scotch Corner on A66. M6 to Gretna. Then A75 and A76 up to Irvine. Route through Largs to Erskine Bridge. Then the roads get interesting. … might try your suggestion up to Glasgow next year

Hi Fastbob … no actually. I’ve just looked at the map to check those roads … my destination is Portavadie. And I travel from Ripon. Several times a year … so I cross from Scotch Corner on A66. M6 to Gretna. Then A75 and A76 up to Irvine. Route through Largs to Erskine Bridge. Then the roads get interesting. … might try your suggestion up to Glasgow next year

I rode the 66 from Scotch Corner to the M6 this year . The Camels were a bit of a surprise !