Seeing as my current lid is coming up to 5 years old and having a wad of B Day money I decided to pull the trigger.

My current lid is a Shoei Neotec in White. Brilliant lid if a little on the heavy side. My previous lid was an HJC RPHA10 and was light. I have been looking for over a year now but nothing seemed to fit the bill flip up wise. Don’t want a full face as you melt in summer on the urban roads.

Looked at the Neotec 2 but that was even heavier than the original which is no good as my lid starts to play my neck up after a few hours. Looked at the HJC flip up, but read some bad reviews of it being very noisy.

Anyway, I settled in this AGV carbon.

FCB33473-6608-4C6A-A0A3-A4783DF12F2D.jpeg.1fb7b41513999f5fa2f90a92819a9823.jpeg

468232F7-B585-48AA-9608-8808DB9A7557.thumb.jpeg.45dc8fb963213cde2749405f53d4dae4.jpeg

Edited by fullscreenaging

I was keen to get that very helmet myself but sadly it just didn't fit me at all. One size was way too big and even with extra padding was loose as hell. The next size down pushed my chin into my ears. Why I like Helmet City in Cheltenham as I can try the things on. The stated size doesn't necessarily mean jack if your head shapes wrong.

Well spotted. It’s their spin off brand...

[mention]S-Westerly[/mention] I agree 100%

I’m hoping it will fit. There are return options available to me if it doesn’t.

My hopes are high if [mention]The GOAT[/mention] has owned a Neotec in the past and the AGV fits him.

I’ve owned 4 brands over the years and the lid I owned first didn’t actually fit me even though I received help from the shop assistant. It was a Shark S800 and dug into my forehead something rotten. Used to give me headaches. I was green at the time and just lived with it until I started reading up on how a lid should fit and feel.

[mention]Bender[/mention] maybe [mention]The GOAT[/mention] is in a better position to give a ride report at the minute. Once I’ve used it anger I will stick a report up. Maybe good to get a couple of opinions on it?

It looks very nice but they seem to have put the AGV sticker on back to front🙂

OK so we all know that's just the photo being posted backwards - so let me share the absolutely true story of the church catalogue that was advertising cottas, a sort of high church version of a surplice often with a lace fringe around the bottom. The lace often has the letters I H S - representing the Greek shorthand for Jesus - and most of them intersperse a cross between the groups of letters.

IHS + IHS + IHS + IHS + .....

So when they print the catalogue photo back to front you get SHIT SHIT SHIT ......

People have been known to wear their cotta inside out to achieve the same result. :angel12:

I've only had 2 short rides with it on but compared to the Neotec 2, it's a better fit overall with zero pressure points.

The Neotech I had to massage the foam in order for it to relieve the pressure on my forehead which after paying a premium for, was really disappointing especially after the GT Air was like a slipper for your head.

The AGV doesn't feel better quality internally but you can flip the liner around depending on how hot your noggin is.

The full carbon chin guard it a work of art though!

Seems more aero with a larger internal visor which creates a little fogging due to it being so close to the nose, no biggie mind.

Air flow is way better and i'll fit my old SMH10 on to it and see how it gets on.

Did I mention it's light? :cheers:

First impressions of the new lid....

Looks very nice in the flesh. IT’S VERY LIGHT!

It felt very alien when I first put it on. With it being a flip up I always open my Neotec as it’s so much easier to get on and off. Same with the new one. The part of the AGV lid that covers your face with the lid up is less than the Shoei and it felt really weird.

All the catches etc have a good clunk to them and feel well made. Although in a weird way the lid feels a little cheaper than the Shoei. It creaks a lot when pulling the straps apart to get the lid on and off. Don’t get me wrong you can feel the quality of the lid, it just feels a different kind.

I love the way they have designed how the visor comes off. The easiest I’ve experienced. There is just a little pull down tab and it just pops off the hinge. WOW!

The pinlock is great and covers about 97% of the visor.

The field of vision of this lid is the best I have come across too. Your normal peripheral vision is in no way obscured.

The internal shape is different from the Shoei but it actually fits me better. Better than any other lid

I’ve owned actually. I sat with it on for a couple of hours while I played on the PS4 and had no issues, although at first I could feel a couple of slight pressure points. It’s very snug in al the right places. I usually get a sore right ear with every lid I’ve owned after a full day of riding. I don’t think this will happen with this one.

I also like where they have positioned the lever for the internal sun visor. It’s underneath and in the rim of the lid. Very clever!

One thing I don’t like at the minute and I think it’s going to take a bit of getting used to is the position of the chin strap when done up. It’s more like a neck strap! The angle is very strange and I keep having to pull it forward!

I’ve just got the integrated comms system to go with the lid. I was going to put my Sena 20s on it but thought it would spoil the lines.

It’s the AGV ARK system and is built by Sena so I know it will be good.

Could have a duo pack of Sena 20s’ up for sale soon...

Will hopefully be going for a ride on Friday so will update.

Nice! Just picked up my AGV K5-S yesterday. Really nice fit. I have an odd shaped head and they were a better fit on the sides of my head.

What colour scheme did you go for? Just looked it up and looks very aggressive :D

I went for matt black. Looks really good. Interested to see how good the pinlock antifog screen performs.