Ridiculous waiting times for mod 1 (failed mod1 today)

So, I did some training at the weekend and did my mod 1 today, everything went good apart from the slalom where I put my foot down, thought that I could re book in a couple weeks and still have a “feel” for the bike.

Found out it’s going to be a month and a half! There’s no way I’m going to still have a feel for the bike by then!

Which means every time I fail my test I need to spend £100 on training so I’m not totally clueless on the day.

How is it acceptable for tests to take this long to book, an absolute atrocity in my opinion and I’m really mad about this ,

You could book within a week before Covid, this is completely unacceptable and it’s risking people’s theory running out because it takes half a year to do 3 tests that can be failed by putting one foot down!

Not happy

Thanks

But I assume more staff can’t be taken on then at these places or more days allowed for tests?

Seems unacceptable really and puts a lot of pressure on tests when you have a 2 Month wait if you fail

It's not simply a case of taking people on as staff need the relevant skills to do the job, then there is the issue of funding, office space and associated logistics. It is frustrating but keep an eye out for a cancellation and maybe try and fit some lessons in in between times.

I was planning on doing my tests this year but decided to wait until it settles down, i take it you don't ride a 125 and are doing DAS, sometimes you just have to suck it up and let things take their course :thumb:

I rode a 125 up until lately

I’m tempted to just leave it tbh until they get through the backlog , if I’m going to have to take a lesson every time then it’s too expensive

If The waiting time was a week or So as usual I could just keep taking them like most people till I pass.

My next test is booked for 23 November , if that fails then it’s not worth the hassle for me anymore until they sort this backlog out

Edited by Siyork

You can't just take someone on to be an examiner they have to go through all the relevant training

Then you have the issues of social distancing so would need more office space but it doesn't just stop there DVSA has a huge backlog too

I booked an hour and a half lesson before my mod 1 to practice on the MT07 as it was very different to the 125cc innova that I was riding at the time.

It was money well spent, I passed easily.

Yeah I’ve had a few lessons on the 600cc Honda cbf

I rode a 125 up until lately

I know this sounds really Whiney but I’m so annoyed

I’m tempted to just leave it tbh until they get through the backlog , if I’m going to have to take a lesson every time then it’s too expensive

If The waiting time was a week or So as usual I could just keep taking them like most people till I pass.

My next test is booked for 23 November , if that fails then it’s not worth the hassle for me anymore until they sort this backlog out

You should think yourself lucky that you got a test! .. There are no Mod 1 slots available near me for the rest of this year!

As soon as I can book one I'll book some DAS lessons.

Before all this bollox started you could book your own tests, now you have to go through an instructor which is a pain if you only want to do your A1 on your own bike, as most schools won't book them because there is nothing in it for them, this is why i decided to wait it out and see when or even if we can book our own tests in the future :cheers:

Before all this bollox started you could book your own tests, now you have to go through an instructor which is a pain if you only want to do your A1 on your own bike, as most schools won't book them because there is nothing in it for them, this is why i decided to wait it out and see when or even if we can book our own tests in the future :cheers:

That's not true! .. You can book your own tests now! ... But slots are as rare as hens teeth!

https://driverpracticaltest.dvsa.gov.uk/application?_ga=2.172855462.465283256.1600696866-1536756588.1593164909

That's not true! .. You can book your own tests now! ... But slots are as rare as hens teeth!

https://driverpracticaltest.dvsa.gov.uk/application?_ga=2.172855462.465283256.1600696866-1536756588.1593164909

I bookmarked the main page but as usual with dot gov sites not been updated :lol:

so i might be able to get mine done by the end of the year afterall :cheers: :thumb:

I bookmarked the main page but as usual with dot gov sites not been updated :lol:

so i might be able to get mine done by the end of the year afterall :cheers: :thumb:

Plenty of test slots available at Rotherham.

Just had a look, got my theory this Thursday afternoon so once that is done will get both my mods booked in :thumb:

Just had a look, got my theory this Thursday afternoon so once that is done will get both my mods booked in :thumb:

what bike will you get Dynax, once you do your tests.... think carefully before you answer, your future on this forum may depend on it.

what bike will you get Dynax, once you do your tests.... think carefully before you answer, your future on this forum may depend on it.

None! only doing A1 so will still be keeping Xena and Bridget :thumb:

Do your full test! its the same test! you can then ride any bike you want even if you do stick to a 125 at least you have the option :wink:

xxgiphy.gif.9bfc126d234adf5c0d922204f1888004.gif

Do your full test! its the same test! you can then ride any bike you want even if you do stick to a 125 at least you have the option :wink:

My CBT expires in 6 months, doing the A1 is cheaper than taking another CBT and does not expire, doing the full A would mean using a school and at this point in time i don't have the spare funds and by the time i do my CBT may well have expired which would mean more unneccessary expense :thumb:

My CBT expires in 6 months, doing the A1 is cheaper than taking another CBT and does not expire, doing the full A would mean using a school and at this point in time i don't have the spare funds and by the time i do my CBT may well have expired which would mean more unneccessary expense :thumb:

Fair enough Mike, I did recall you planning to take the DAS course a while back but understand that was before everything turned to crap this year. Good luck on your mods though! ;)

Fair enough Mike, I did recall you planning to take the DAS course a while back but understand that was before everything turned to crap this year. Good luck on your mods though! ;)

I did have a taster session about a year ago on a 600 fazer but didn't really gel with it, which didn't inspire me much to carry on, even now still not overly bothered going for the full A, one reason i have held back is that from 1st November the EU will be reducing the A2 requirement to a 250cc instead of a 400cc, and my plan was to wait and see if we follow suit over here, but i can't find any relevent info which probably means there won't be any changes for us :cheers:

I did have a taster session about a year ago on a 600 fazer but didn't really gel with it, which didn't inspire me much to carry on, even now still not overly bothered going for the full A, one reason i have held back is that from 1st November the EU will be reducing the A2 requirement to a 250cc instead of a 400cc, and my plan was to wait and see if we follow suit over here, but i can't find any relevent info which probably means there won't be any changes for us :cheers:

Ah, that's right, your brought that up in the forum a while ago about that too. If we do follow suit with EU, it's going to be quite a big jump from A2 to full A if that was the case, lol, we just don't understand their logic on this!

Ah, that's right, your brought that up in the forum a while ago about that too. If we do follow suit with EU, it's going to be quite a big jump from A2 to full A if that was the case, lol, we just don't understand their logic on this!

According to FEMA it was the Swedish that brought about this change because " it was a disadvantage to some men and women of smaller stature and strength not being able to manage a larger 400cc machine" :thumb: