FOR SALE - Fire pit to fit in panniers

I've put this in bike related as I designed these specifically to go in my panniers but arguably it could go in the general.

I designed these to be small but still make a decent fire. I made a few prototypes out of paper then card and finally out of stainless steel. I was really pleased with it and was going to leave it at that but other people liked it and asked if I could make them one.

It was a bit of a faff using the jigsaw to cut them out so I spoke to a local firm who said they could laser cut some for me. I've had a few of them made up which I've nearly sold out of so I've got another batch being done now.

I've had a crack with the sewing machine too and made some bags up to keep them in.

When flat they measure 29.5cm x 25.5cm (11.6 inches x 10 inches). Each piece is cut from 0.9mm stainless steel so is less than 3mm when stacked. The bag makes it ever so slightly bigger than those dimensions.

When assembled they are 25cm x 25cm x 21cm high. (9.8inches x 9.8inches x 8.2inches high). They weigh 1060g or 2.5 lb.

https://i.imgur.com/hUTurVs.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/j5HTRbK.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/BVDIVXF.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Would any one like one? I'm selling them for £45 which includes the bag and delivery to the UK

Unfortunately I am allergic to wood smoke, but I have linked to this thread on an adventure bike forum as I suspect there would be interest there. Looks great.

Thank you I appreciate that, I've thrown together a simple website which may help too www.flatpackfirepit.com

Is this commission based for the forum :popcorn:

Happy to make a donation from any sales. I only have about 10 in total to sell though so neither of us will be able to retire from it I'm afraid

I best keep putting the lotto on then :lol:

• 2 months later...

We’re very pleased with this. It’s a great idea, nice n sturdy and holds a lot more wood than it looks like it does. Packs down into nothing, will be great to take on the bike. I could see when it arrived my other half wasn’t entirely convinced but it’s had a test run and he’s now very taken with it because it gives off a decent amount of heat and lasts long enough to make it worthwhile doing. It lit easily with the sort of kindling some camp sites and all garden centres sell. I suppose if you were really lazy the easy to light logs the supermarkets sell might do.

Soz it’s covered in finger prints in the pics, it was quite popular at lunch time and we had goujon burgers 😆 
Yes I did light it on top of a wooden table on purpose for an added frisson 😆 
Congratulations @Bungleaio it’s well made, easy to use and will be useful.

7E884F40-1EF3-4DE3-8C5B-65217EE7BD76.jpeg

9F372F0E-0F07-4024-8833-72948F95CB82.jpeg

4E567A96-F1F2-4AE6-ABD0-1F057246CA79.jpeg

804B0E5D-01EB-459C-8B08-75CC1535D7AA.png

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

We’re very pleased with this. It’s a great idea, nice n sturdy and holds a lot more wood than it looks like it does. Packs down into nothing, will be great to take on the bike. I could see when it arrived my other half wasn’t entirely convinced but it’s had a test run and he’s now very taken with it because it gives off a decent amount of heat and lasts long enough to make it worthwhile doing. It lit easily with the sort of kindling some camp sites and all garden centres sell. I suppose if you were really lazy the easy to light logs the supermarkets sell might do.

Soz it’s covered in finger prints in the pics, it was quite popular at lunch time and we had goujon burgers 😆 

I guess the smiling demon is optional? 

_20201219_233923.JPG

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

strewth someone call the firebrigade quick :classic_ohmy: