dynax
Subscriber
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1319 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by dynax » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:07 pm

It gets more moronic everyday :lol:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2491 times
Been liked: 4096 times

Post by Six30 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Just chill.... it is what it is , its not going away, not yet any way. It wouldn't matter who was running the country from what ever political party.. things would be just as confusing and fooked
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

James in Brum
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 463 times

Post by James in Brum » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Six30 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Just chill.... it is what it is , its not going away, not yet any way. It wouldn't matter who was running the country from what ever political party.. things would be just as confusing and fooked
Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Six?
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2280 times
Been liked: 2973 times

Post by XTreme » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

It make sense now!

Pubs Can Stay Open If They Serve Cornish Pasty With Chips, Says Cabinet Minister!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... d033a7542a

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 790 times

Post by skyrider » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:09 pm

whooppee
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 320
Has liked: 1295 times
Been liked: 1247 times

Post by JRH » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 am

The news today seems to suggest that government policy has been ignoring inconvenient scientific evidence for some time now.
And the scientific advise was a full lockdown.
Before that the general public and opposition were saying can’t have a lockdown as it hits people’s livelihood and businesses.

After the SAGE report comes out the opposition say we said we need a full lockdown you should have locked down.

It seem as though whatever is done there are some factions that say it’s wrong.

As for bars having to close early this is also the case in some other European countries

I don’t always agree with what’s being done but ffs does anyone have the correct answers, it would seem not.
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 8 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 3 / 12
East Midlands 1 /12
South Wales 2 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15
Bonus Bonus 2 / 15

goat
Bike(s): Tdm850, sv650 project
Has liked: 1835 times
Been liked: 854 times

Post by goat » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:18 pm

This is the stuff I don't like, dodgy deals and public money being spent with little accountability.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/08/25/gove ... mant-firm/
Find me on instagram
goat_and_groundsel

Bikes I've known and loved:
Mk1 1999 Bandit 600
Guzzi stelvio
R1200GS twin cam - will miss you beaker :crybaby:

onesea
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 513 times

Post by onesea » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 pm

JRH wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm
I don’t always agree with what’s being done but ffs does anyone have the correct answers, it would seem not.
The vunerable it will never be enough the young and willing to work it is far to much and 1000 other view points in the middle...

There is no absolute correct answer.

Things that seem to be established:
  • The less people you meet the less like you are to encounter it,
    Meeting outside your less likely to catch it than in,
    Washing hands stops spreading it (or putting it in your mouth),
    If your breathing you might catch it,
    If you stop breathing and have it you can still spread it,
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

KiwiBob
Bike(s): Honda CG125, Kawasaki ER5
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by KiwiBob » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Jonathon Pie sums it up pretty well! ..

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2291 times
Been liked: 1095 times

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 pm

Apparently the Nightingale hospital in Birmingham has been dismantled without ever having been used at some phenomenal cost. Presumably this was signed off by senior member of government or NHS. So if it's so bad now why? The bast*rds are lying through their teeth and I don't know why. What are they really trying to achieve? And no I don't think it's some global conspiracy or any such shite. As for Starmer and co - they've been wailing about the loss of jobs etc but now want a complete lockdown for 2 or 3 weeks. I'd have thought that would cause a few jobs to evaporate although probably mainly small businesses with few employees beyond the owners and of course Labour could never give a toss about them. The entire ruling class has gone insane.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

Tigs
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Tigs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:50 pm

I think if the GOV cared about the rates of infection and education they would do a 'one week in one week out' system.

Students would learn as much in 'half class sizes', the social distancing would be possible, spread would be minimised.

BUT they are not honest, they are 'wanting kids in school so economy can function'.. If education mattered it would have 'less testing' .. and smaller class sizes.

If schools are open they will not 'stop the uptake of infection rates'.. having a two week break - of schools would make sense - it would be less of these rubbish 'half lock down - only serve drinks with a meal type things..

And yes, there are some people getting very rich out of this crisis!'

Bender
Has liked: 2155 times
Been liked: 2501 times

Post by Bender » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 pm

Damned if you do dammed if you don't, granddaughters school is very big, been one case, the sisters ex has it, his brother is in a coma, his mom and dad have it and are in hospital, non of them go to school.
Bite my shiny metal ass..

Tigs
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Tigs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 pm

But round my way schools contain 1000's of pupils.. all going into the same building at similar times - bubbles can't work in primary schools, again around my way they hold on average 500 pupils- but that's near enough 300 parents - going in and out at similar times to collect - each of those people belongs to bubbles..

For example, my daughter goes to a school - my son goes to a different one, my daughters best mate from school has a sister who goes to another school..4 people.. spread across 3 different schools (there are bout 2500, students and staffs across the 3 schools).. that is not including the 'parents'.. On my side we work in 2 different bubbles.. on the daughters friends side - those 2 parents work in 2 more bubbles.. each of those bubbles contains more people.. assuming none of us are going shopping or to pubs or out.. we are 'spreading' the virus = pretty wide already! Now take into account - the staff and parents have to shop for food.. and there is your link to people 'who are not in schools'!

When schools were shut - the spread was minimal.. 'schools 'are where this virus is spreading - there is no 'social distancing' of any merit in any of the schools I have been in - there just is not the space or toilets to allow it - the 'closing of pubs' and excuses of 'children need education' is smoke and mirrors, as I said before 'if they cared about education.. or people' there are solutions - but they are choosing not to go that route..

I strongly suspect most of the spread is through 'education settings', as they are the real game changer since Lockdown started.. remember pubs opened in the summer.. no massive rise then - the rise started a couple of weeks after the schools opened!

KiwiBob
Bike(s): Honda CG125, Kawasaki ER5
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by KiwiBob » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 pm
Apparently the Nightingale hospital in Birmingham has been dismantled without ever having been used at some phenomenal cost. Presumably this was signed off by senior member of government or NHS. So if it's so bad now why? The bast*rds are lying through their teeth and I don't know why. What are they really trying to achieve? And no I don't think it's some global conspiracy or any such shite. As for Starmer and co - they've been wailing about the loss of jobs etc but now want a complete lockdown for 2 or 3 weeks. I'd have thought that would cause a few jobs to evaporate although probably mainly small businesses with few employees beyond the owners and of course Labour could never give a toss about them. The entire ruling class has gone insane.
Birmingham's Nightingale hospital wasn't closed but was "scaled down" in August.

Its was put on "High Alert" last month.

husoi
Bike(s): Honda Pam European ST1300 (08);Honda VT700c Shadow
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 566 times

Post by husoi » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 am

People should start to be mentally prepared to a long (several years) covid environment.
It will become a trend this up and down number of active cases until the frequency becomes seasonal similar to flu (summer/winter).

With announcement of new variations to the original virus, hence experts saying nobody will be immune after being infected, this will be identical to flu virus and people will need a annual inoculation until someone finds a way to handle the root of the virus and create a vaccine that will work with any strain of the virus.
One thing that is rarely mentioned by the media is that Covid-19 is only one of many types of coronavirus and there is no vaccine for any of them.

The number of individuals "naturally" immune to this virus is very small (probably less than 10,000 worldwide). Finding them would be like finding a needle on a very large haystack and with resources busy in finding a vaccine it is unlikely that we will have an understanding on how these people can have their immune system to fight the virus.
Note that being immune is not the same as symptomless.

Then we have another problem, while for sure there are natural products that will help these are unknown by science and promptly discarded if anybody will ever find out anything that would help.
Adding to the problem, soon we will have scammers announcing that they have the cure/vaccine similar to slimming pills that only work if you're not fat.

In conclusion.
Get ready for regular restrictions being implemented and lifted like an io-io.
In the meanwhile, be safe :thumb:
All my food only eat vegetables. So, I'm an indirect vegetarian :cool:

All problems have a solution.
You just need to figure it out :)

Return to “General Chat”