What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Mounted the new sat nav the other day :)

121053195_780778365817888_1860753933923113580_n.jpg

What model is that Stu......and why Garmin and not Tom Tom?

Its the XT

And why not Garmin? :?

I have had both to be honest and can't really complain about any of them

The way I plan my routes both would get my there eventually :lol:

Mounted the new sat nav the other day :)

121053195_780778365817888_1860753933923113580_n.jpg

Its the XT

It's just that I've seen more people recommending Tom Tom for some reason.

But to run one of those on a bike you'd need a power connection?

Its the XT

It's just that I've seen more people recommending Tom Tom for some reason.

But to run one of those on a bike you'd need a power connection?

Its like anything people recommend what they use

For my needs any of them would do as I plan routes and plot them on basecamp which is for Garmin or I would use other software if it was Tom Tom it's very rare I just set the sat nav and go with a chosen destination

the battery on this one lasts for hours but I would always have it powered the 590 I have which is for sale doesn't last long on battery but the mount has all the wiring built in and all you do is clip the sat nav on and no need to mess about plugging it in

I'm using Tom Tom at the moment but purely because it was on a really good deal when I bought it. If Garmin had been cheaper I'd have had that. Used Garmin before, especially on the boat and no problems with it. The Multistrada has a special wire for installing GPS so just a matter of connecting it up and you are good to go. Quite surprised the BMW doesn't.

The Multistrada has a special wire for installing GPS so just a matter of connecting it up and you are good to go. Quite surprised the BMW doesn't.

For a few ££££££s they can provide with one.

The Multistrada has a special wire for installing GPS so just a matter of connecting it up and you are good to go. Quite surprised the BMW doesn't.

I will bet that the BMW has a wire for connecting the GPS up my mates 2011 F800gs has one so I suspect that [mention]XTreme[/mention]'s bike will have one too

Edit:

https://www.nippynormans.com/f650gs-08-on/lead-for-connecting-any-garmin-or-tomtom-gps-into-the-bmw-harness

Dealing with Bugs on my Beak! Shit like that can get you killed!

Cos once they start building up it could launch the bike into a violent Tank Slapper........and I know all about them after my unscheduled dismount at 110mph back in 1978.

But it's clean now......Death and Dismemberment is averted once again!

20201013_121513-min.thumb.jpg.b90424704c9065acc2ed99ef28b7e505.jpg

Fitted a new front brake switch and took it for MOT - by the time I'd got to the MOT place which is a mile down the road the new switch had jammed so it failed. Of course I didn't have the right screwdriver on me to remove the switch so back home, whip it off, take it to bits and found it was shipped with no lubricant in the switch, added a smear of grease, back to the MOT place and it passed.

Then I changed the front fork oil.

Second bout of heavy polishing with Solvol on the pipes.

This is going to be a long drawn out process.......with me aching like shit after every one!

As you have the Solvol out do you fancy coming over and polishing the scratches out of the engine bars. :thumb:

Second bout of heavy polishing with Solvol on the pipes.

This is going to be a long drawn out process.......with me aching like shit after every one!

As you have the Solvol out do you fancy coming over and polishing the scratches out of the engine bars. :thumb:

Gonna take a week to recover from this JRH!

Modded my pump sprayer.

Got a large cheap pump sprayer from Aldi a few years ago to Pre wash the car and bike with, in my opinion Muc off beating Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. I mix it 4 % solution 2 ltrs at a time so 80cc with warm water. Got a big sprayer so can pump it up and go round the car easily without having to pump it up again. Used a old tyre valve from last time the tyres were done on the Bandit to pressurise the container to save the 40-50 pumps required.

Drilled a 12mm hole, poked the valve up from the inside and pulled the valve through. Use 40 psi from my tire infiltrator or compressor if any air in and wow works a treat. Seals itself perfect.

635293341_pumpsprayermod.thumb.JPG.c29aa8dd3865f212cabb79ae1431293e.JPG

510165237_pumpsprayermodcloseup.thumb.JPG.5484271a9da83c711ca6e4f4460380ea.JPG

Just make sure you drill the hole so you can get your valve in through the top and in the hole.

Modded my pump sprayer.

Got a large cheap pump sprayer from Aldi a few years ago to Pre wash the car and bike with, in my opinion Muc off beating Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. I mix it 4 % solution 2 ltrs at a time so 80cc with warm water. Got a big sprayer so can pump it up and go round the car easily without having to pump it up again. Used a old tyre valve from last time the tyres were done on the Bandit to pressurise the container to save the 40-50 pumps required.

Drilled a 12mm hole, poked the valve up from the inside and pulled the valve through. Use 40 psi from my tire infiltrator or compressor if any air in and wow works a treat. Seals itself perfect.

pump sprayer mod.JPG

pump sprayer mod closeup.JPG

Just make sure you drill the hole so you can get your valve in through the top and in the hole.

Like that a lot!

You will be copied lol.

Cheers

Ian

[mention]linuxrob[/mention] Do you find Muc off as effective diluted that much ?

I have used it a lot in very small amounts on a rag neat for stubborn mark removal rather than a general pre wash.

Currently experimenting with the new environmentally played with Jizer which is nowhere near as good as the old stuff,I may go back to parrafin which after all is what most of the original Gunk type solutions were.

Cheers

Ian

Agreed Ian. Auto Foam still works out cheaper per application for me. Paraffin or diesel is my first port of call for gunged up stuff then i use a dilute water based degrease to get that stuff off.

Bought it first for the car as a touchless wash, any has to set a few mins and brings quite a bit of traffic film off even with a hose. Used on bike when muc-off ran out. It leaves the wax alone too.

Gave the GS125 front brake a good clean and prep for winter yesterday. Piston cleaned and slider regreased. That will do it till fluid change in the spring.

Rob B

To get my bike on a paddock stand I have to remove an ABS bracet. Trying to do this I snapped the ball end off one of my allen key wrenches, so after washing the bike and cleaning/lubing the chain I went in search of my snapon dealer to get the wrench replaced.

Well at least I got out of a couple of hours ride.... trying to track him down ;)

Fish

Fingers crossed I'll get my handguards today. Then I've got to try to fit them! :shock:

Going to search for a YouTube tutorial on how to do it......hope I can find one as good as the one that showed me how to take my top box off.

For those of you who think I'm joking.....I'm not. I really am this inept.