Fecking Car Insurance

Fish

So I get the renewal quote from my current insurer and thought I've got a spare hour, let's grab a couple of quick quotes from the non-search sites.

Over £100 saving! I thought the government had put something in place about insurance companies ripping off loyal customers. :cry:

Guess I'll be having a bit more of a proper search tonight when I'm bored again.

Fish

If the difference is only £100 maybe is worth to tell your current provider about it.

Isn't such a big difference that they can't match the price.

Although I would double check on a couple comparison sites to make sure.

Similar with my wife's car insurance, £120 more expensive than the previous year .... So I went onto their online quote page, filled out all the details and it came in at £165 cheaper than the renewal they had just sent us! I thought WTF so rang them up and they eventually gave us the insurance at the online quote cost .... You have to watch them and challenge them when necessary. I seem to go through the same rigmarole with my bike insurance every year as well.

Similar with my wife's car insurance, £120 more expensive than the previous year .... So I went onto their online quote page, filled out all the details and it came in at £165 cheaper than the renewal they had just sent us! I thought WTF so rang them up and they eventually gave us the insurance at the online quote cost .... You have to watch them and challenge them when necessary. I seem to go through the same rigmarole with my bike insurance every year as well.

See what you did there?

I would have told them that for the trouble of doing their work I would want a better price than the online quote ;)

See what you did there?

I would have told them that for the trouble of doing their work I would want a better price than the online quote ;)

Didn't think of that .... I was just relieved at the time that I'd saved £165. You're right though, I was doing someones work for them :thumb:

I seem to go through the same rigmarole with my bike insurance every year as well.

I have multi bike cover for 2 bikes I cannot think of a comparison tool that can deal with this... Oh and both have business insurance for work as I work out of multiple work places and occasionally travel on them in work time.

I choose 2 maybe 3 and have to phone them up to get a price... Or go through each online page.

I once got a renewal quote from Admiral that was over £300 more than what I was paying. did a quick gocompare and funnily enough Admiral were offering me a quote cheaper than I was currently paying!

I rang them up and was told they couldn't match that offer for a renewal and its only available for new customers :scratch:

So obviously I cancelled and signed up again with them :roll:

I've now got into the habit of getting a new policy each time. I really dislike the whole performance of them writing with a quote that's way too high and I am meant to phone and be grateful they can find me something at the right price.

I've now got into the habit of getting a new policy each time. I really dislike the whole performance of them writing with a quote that's way too high and I am meant to phone and be grateful they can find me something at the right price.

Van and car were both cheaper than last year, car went up a smidgen but the way land-rovers are stolen it's no wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

So I get the renewal quote from my current insurer and thought I've got a spare hour, let's grab a couple of quick quotes from the non-search sites.

Over £100 saving! I thought the government had put something in place about insurance companies ripping off loyal customers. :cry:

Guess I'll be having a bit more of a proper search tonight when I'm bored again.

Fish

Thanks for posting this, I happened to spot it and it reminded me that ours is due up next month. Just saved myself over £100 on the two car policies by asking a few questions. That's a pretty huge percentage difference which makes you wonder how much the industry is getting out of people who don't check.