In search of abandoned villages!

Stu

But here in the UK we don't have many at all!!

Plenty of abbeys and castles though :D

Took a nice 123 mile ride today in 10 degrees freezing cold weather not like that sunny Spain we keep seeing pics of :lol:

Took a visit to Kirkham abbey today to have a look and walk around sadly being the UK we have to pay to walk around them! My mate says its for the upkeep and we decided they need a new roof :lol:

After that we went in search of some food! all the places we went to that are normally open was closed :shock: its getting to that time of the year where they either don't bother to open or only for a few hours :x

Found many new to us local "roads" that was nice and quiet but there was plenty of crap on the roads from farm vehicles which made things interesting at times :lol:

Discovered my mates BM was struggling to start and causing a few issues with the can bus system on his F800gs turns out the little aftermarket spotlights he has seem to draw a lot of power which was slowly draining his battery :?

a couple of pics! no dogging sites [mention]XTreme[/mention]!

IMG_20201018_121104.jpg

IMG_20201018_121110.jpg

IMG_20201018_121137.jpg

IMG_20201018_121231.jpg

IMG_20201018_121242.jpg

Screenshot_20201018_182812.jpg

Excellent [mention]Stu[/mention].......few places on your map that I've stayed at in the 70's and 80's - Bridlington and Beverley.

Not sure what all that green stuff is.....I'm sure it serves some purpose though.

[mention]XTreme[/mention] Those places will have changed a lot since you was last there :shock:

9 times out of 10 I head towards Beverly on a ride and usually end up visiting Bridlington too! Usually do a Thursday night chippy tea in Brid then the long way home ask [mention]NeilM[/mention] its a cracking run up that way 8-)

@XTreme Those places will have changed a lot since you was last there :shock:

9 times out of 10 I head towards Beverly on a ride and usually end up visiting Bridlington too! Usually do a Thursday night chippy tea in Brid then the long way home ask @NeilM its a cracking run up that way 8-)

Every time I went to Bridlington......think it was in 1988 and 1990, there were always bloody caravans everywhere.

I can also remember staying in Goole.....but I think that's further south.

9 times out of 10 I head towards Beverly on a ride and usually end up visiting Bridlington too! Usually do a Thursday night chippy tea in Brid then the long way home ask @NeilM its a cracking run up that way 8-)

Every time I went to Bridlington......think it was in 1988 and 1990, there were always bloody caravans everywhere.

There is still vans about but not as many as they used to be!

Yes Goole is a little further south and an even bigger shit hole :lol:

Cracking roads around there.

But they can catch you out.......

The road from our van to [mention]Stu[/mention] house is both quick and challenging. With scenery chucked in for good measure.

5 mins out of Brid you are in the country back roads.