Smarty Network

onesea

Has anyone tried the Smarty Network?

https://smarty.co.uk

Its 4G Based on Three (Who I am with)

Phone is 4G only & 5G Where I live and work is not likely to appear any time soon...

Smarty

£10.00 Capped per month = Unlimited - UK calls & texts + 30GB 4G & 3G data

Monthly contract.

Three

£18.00 a month.* = Unlimited minutes & texts - 30GB Data

12 month plan

Seems lie a no brainer to me, same network 1/2 the price no long term contract.

Well guys to clarify actually I find 3 Signal not bad here I have tried others.

EE is better but long story since the change form Orange they have IMHO gone down hill.

THREE Have been good its just seeing the difference between the 2 deals I thought why not. - Anyway short phone call to Three I was thinking to get a release code. I mentioned the deal, they could match if I took a 12 month contract.

They also told me something that I have long suspected is true, when networks get busy they priorities 3 customers against the cheaper networks using on their network. Living in tourist area where we normally get influxes of masses of people that was not desirable.

I also suspect they do the same with high tariffs/ business customers v cheap tariffs...

Long and short I have stayed put for the next 12 months..

Smarty piggybacks off the 3 network so it really is a no brainer if you are already using the 3 network just now.

Just like giffgaff and Tesco mobile piggyback off the O2 network. I personally use giffgaff as much like Smarty they are cheaper & provide better benefits for the prices than the 'parent' brand. My brother uses Smarty as he was originally on 3 and has not had all issues with the transition.

They also told me something that I have long suspected is true, when networks get busy they priorities 3 customers against the cheaper networks using on their network. Living in tourist area where we normally get influxes of masses of people that was not desirable.

I suspected the same, I switched from 3 to Smarty, usually signal is ok but sometimes it tanks for no apparent reason.. but overall I'm happy with the price in paying.

I suspected the same, I switched from 3 to Smarty, usually signal is ok but sometimes it tanks for no apparent reason.. but overall I'm happy with the price in paying.

Living in the New forest hot summers weekend or holidays and you don't get the phone signal you normally get.

That's on any network. Tesco was bad for it, my partner on EE I am on Thee and it's a marked change.

I can only imagine Smarty would be worse... So for sake of 12 month contract I took Three.

There is allot of clever software behind phone signal strength and its allocation.

Every noticed your phone frequently cuts out at 3, 6 or 9 minutes?

In the days of removable batteries if you took the battery out and restarted your phone you could often get 3 or 6 minutes conversation before it kicked you off for taking to much power. All to do with "handshakes".