Hastings Direct not accepting New Buisiness.

onesea

So here I am multi bike policy due, sadly this always involves a few phone call...

2 Cheapest where My current insurer Motorcycle Direct and Hastings Direct...

After 4 minutes of listening to recordings, I got told I am sorry we are to busy to deal with new customers and got a Beep as the phone went down.

Not certain I would want to insure with them in future... Although points for honesty I guess..

PS Any suggestions for cheap multi-bike insurance...

So here I am multi bike policy due, sadly this always involves a few phone call...

After 4 minutes of listening to recordings, I got told I am sorry we are to busy to deal with new customers and got a Beep as the phone went down.

Not certain I would want to insure with them in future...

Just be patient . Many businesses are experiencing difficulties with large numbers of staff working from home . My Government Department is doing it and it's fraught with IT issues etc. If you take your business elsewhere it will probably be no better .

Not certain I would want to insure with them in future... Although points for honesty I guess..

PS Any suggestions for cheap multi-bike insurance...

Is Bikesure still affiliated to this site? If so might be worth contacting them & claiming a TMBF discount?

I was with Hastings Direct for our 2 cars and motorbike. They declined to quote at renewal time for the cars but gave me quote for the motorcycle which I yhen declined.

Haven't made a claim in years (20+) so why the wouldn't requote....?

• 2 weeks later...

I've always found multibike insurance was more than insuring two bikes separately. Not a clue why. :scratch:

Mine isn't, in fact the two cost me only slightly more than I was paying for one.

Same for me with BeMoto, extra bike of similar value was an extra £50 for the year on the Titanium plan. BeMoto have always been great and better value than the normal suppliers for me when you factor in recovery, legal and helmet and leathers. They even do track insurance and if you buy 6 days in one it worked out at around £60 per day compared to £105 per day if buying adhoc.