What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

No handguards......and the temps have dropped below 20! :shock:

Don't take this the wrong way but return to Wales immediately & get you're warm kit on :lol:

You gotta be joking......it took me 51 years to escape from there!

https://i.imgur.com/oBXTZqr.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Nice little run out of 100 miles, passing by Devils Dyke.

Used the Calimoto app and for the most part it found some very nice twisties. It gets a thumbs up from me :D

Dug the Trophy out of the garage at the end of the garden, through the conservatory & utility room onto the drive to go into the back of my mate’s van. It’s off tomorrow to have its fuelling sorted by someone who knows what they are doing.

In another post I complained about Simoniz VHT paint being shite , we’ll .... I started the Trophy last night to check that all was ok & in the dark I noticed the header pipes glowing red after only a couple of minutes ... so I reckon it’s running a tad lean & maybe getting to well above 800*C so the paint might not have been at fault.0E7E17D7-702C-4379-A4A1-B6D162B3687C.thumb.jpeg.ef3ec1115acd8b7ef6ba97ee0da2afda.jpeg

Handguards came! Loads of instructions and fittings......f@ck knows what that's all about.

But as it is I can't release one of the bar end bolts anyway!

Did it not come with a special Chinese bolt extractor tool?

Handguards came! Loads of instructions and fittings......f@ck knows what that's all about.

96082745_10163634677500637_9124864032753319936_n.jpg.dd89e0118718ee1b65fa249b37b4b884.jpg

giphy.gif

I'm not doing anything with the handguards now until my Grip Puppies arrive.......possibly on Friday! I don't want to have to go through this shit twice!

If it's no joy with the bolt I'll take it to Juan Cortes the dealer in Baza!

Probably likely I'll do that anyway.......because I can't get my head round the instructions!

I'm not temperamentally suited to this sort of shit!

mad.gif.ad54ab21bb2f49a5342c309e3411e87b.gif

I'm not doing anything with the handguards now until my Grip Puppies arrive.......possibly on Friday! I don't want to have to go through this shit twice!

Probably likely I'll do that anyway.......because I can't get my head round the instructions!

mad.gif

Are they in Chinese? :popcorn:

mad.gif

They're genuine BMW......with comprehensive instructions in English!

But I'm not good with instructions! Or tools!

mad.gif

Any good with bikes?... :twisted:

Any good with bikes?... :twisted:

Only riding them and polishing them!

I brought the Beemer home two weeks ago yesterday.....and I could see the chrome was going to need some attention.

That's because polishing can be hard work! And as the Spanish have a genetic predisposition to avoid the aforementioned hard work (or any work for that matter)......I knew it was going to take time.

There's still a long way to go to restore it to a standard that I consider acceptable......but you can visibly see a difference in two weeks!

Look at the rear silencer and the pipe in the first pic (2 weeks ago), then compare it to the second pic (today).

473-min.thumb.jpg.8244863ca43ee1013da8b7006fa7e543.jpg

474-min.thumb.jpg.cdbfa2c8d028182f916b74d88c1bbfe2.jpg

For that you just need one of these.

gently scrub the SS parts and you will have the work done for you.

Make sure you have a bucket of detergent and water nearby to avoid scratching it.

The brass ones are softer and will not scratch the surface

When I say gently, I mean REALLY GENTLY!!!

Unless of course you try to scrub the life out of it.

scrubSS.jpg.2d71fc2edcbae43b2bb1401752ccb6ed.jpg

scrubBRS.jpg.37c9c1541e07f5c945a56fdb69eaeeda.jpg

I brought the Beemer home two weeks ago yesterday.....and I could see the chrome was going to need some attention.

That's because polishing can be hard work! And as the Spanish have a genetic predisposition to avoid the aforementioned hard work (or any work for that matter)......I knew it was going to take time.

There's still a long way to go to restore it to a standard that I consider acceptable......but you can visibly see a difference in two weeks!

Look at the rear silencer and the pipe in the first pic (2 weeks ago), then compare it to the second pic (today).

Nah, I'm not seeing it mate.

What bits have you done or did it take you the whole 2 weeks to get the top box off? :up:

Nah, I'm not seeing it mate.

What bits have you done or did it take you the whole 2 weeks to get the top box off? :up:

giphy.gif.566ad9df06b712b60b8c0b3c7b327a9c.gif