150+miles today, Shropsire and Wales

rennie

went out tagging today, got rained on twice!

almost got stuck down a track because the gate was locked due to Covid :shock: turning a quarter ton bike round with my dodgy knees wasn't fun!

Had to wash the bike when I got home :shock: :shock:

took a picture of a Welsh castle.

spent £17 on fuel but came back smiling :thumb:

1339003421_powyscastle.thumb.jpg.20f7fc6476e5829b87095469dc0f83f5.jpg

930535504_roundtonhillfort1.thumb.jpg.ff93e5c8bf85d739dc3635faffc7fef2.jpg

20201022_143654.thumb.jpg.a5cda60c5a5c61a3350ee8b0a63c3316.jpg

20201022_143708.thumb.jpg.08edf4c6ff55c146be83c2a24c11f563.jpg

:lol: near enough! couldn't believe that gate was locked!

I'm amazed I didn't drop it

Looks a heavy bike to manoeuvre around in tight places! And the lower bars don't help.

Next one you get you'll have to go lighter......cos the older you get, the more of a struggle it becomes.

Looks like a good day out.

I do wonder if some places are using Covid an excuse just to lock up places where people resent the right of way. Several of the farms round us have padlocked public footpaths to keep people out. I suspect they will never be re-opened.

Looks like a good day out.

I do wonder if some places are using Covid an excuse just to lock up places where people resent the right of way. Several of the farms round us have padlocked public footpaths to keep people out. I suspect they will never be re-opened.

When I find a locked public footpath I just climb over the gate. Unless it's been diverted in which case there should be a council produced notice to that effect or in the case of something like foot and mouth when they can be closed on a temporary basis. Covid isn't an agricultural disease and is no grounds to close a path.

Several of the farms round us have padlocked public footpaths to keep people out. I suspect they will never be re-opened.

I am with [mention]S-Westerly[/mention] online check online, to report to three relevant local council.

The local council here have an app is very easy to report all sorts of things, they to change because of it.

Abandoned vehicles, pot holes, trailers parked in road, fly tipping and even a worksite leaving a dirt on the road..

They do address these matters.

Several of the farms round us have padlocked public footpaths to keep people out. I suspect they will never be re-opened.

I am with @S-Westerly online check online, to report to three relevant local council.

The local council here have an app is very easy to report all sorts of things, they to change because of it.

Abandoned vehicles, pot holes, trailers parked in road, fly tipping and even a worksite leaving a dirt on the road..

They do address these matters.

The local council are about as effective as a chocolate teapot, anything referred to them might as well be posted up the chimney. Fortunately I know most of our local parish councillors and being local people they know the score and a quiet word usually does the trick.

One footpath that was ploughed up and planted over is near the farm house so I've taken the diversion of walking through their yard explaining that it's the only route available. I have a feeling that now the maize is being chopped for cattle feed that path will magically reappear.

Most of the local farmers are great, it's just the odd few who get awkward. I do have some sympathy for them seeing how people trashed the footpaths during lockdown. We had people walking dogs off leads in fields of sheep, litter everywhere, cars parked blocking gates, people walking across crops because they couldn't follow a footpath round the edge, gates left open where livestock could wander into the roads, and for some reason used tissues just dumped everywhere.