Server upgrade!

Stu

Within the next week or so we are getting moved to a newer server which may result in a bit of downtime!

I will try and give as much notice as possible

And if it all goes wrong I am sure [mention]XTreme[/mention] will nominate me for Twat of the year :lol:

Within the next week or so we are getting moved to a newer server which may result in a bit of downtime!

And if it all goes wrong I am sure @XTreme will nominate me for Twat of the year :lol:

What data we loosing this time 😁

And if it all goes wrong I am sure @XTreme will nominate me for Twat of the year :lol:

[mention]Six30[/mention]'s posts :D

@Six30's posts :D

Ohhh that kind of move, we're not telling him.

I had a mail because I lease out a UK VPS to a web developer client......looks like they're going to an OpenStack based Cloud Platform on a 20 gbps network apparently.

No mention of Dedis though.....cos I've got one UK and one US.

I had a mail because I lease out a UK VPS to a web developer client......looks like they're going to an OpenStack based Cloud Platform on a 20 gbps network apparently.

Yup thats the one!

I have been waiting to get an upgrade since June when I asked and they decided they was going to upgrade all the servers that are on centos 6 to 7 but now we are going to a cloud platform

Yup thats the one!

I have been waiting to get an upgrade since June when I asked and they decided they was going to upgrade all the servers that are on centos 6 to 7 but now we are going to a cloud platform

yeh, cloud platform is the way to go, the proxy and ekf 44's perform at a much better output, let me know if you need any advice or help.

Yup thats the one!

I'm still on CentOs 6 on my UK Dedi so I suspected something would be coming up.

Yup thats the one!

I'm still on CentOs 6 on my UK Dedi so I suspected something would be coming up.

I suspect the same thing will happen to your Dedi seen as though cPanel are stopping support for centos 6

Yup thats the one!

I suspect the same thing will happen to your Dedi seen as though cPanel are stopping support for centos 6

The US Dedi is on 7.......so not sure what will happen to that one.

So how long is this shit going down for ?

[mention]XTreme[/mention] how long should this shit go down for , if whos doing it knows their shit.

just hope Laurel and Hardy dont have any input.

@XTreme how long should this shit go down for , if whos doing it knows their shit.

Nothing will happen as they take the first data snapshot over......then Stu will disable the board just before they do the final sweep.

Get that across......bind the old IP's to the new box.....then it's a matter of waiting for propagation of the changes across the servers of the various ISP's.

If you're on some shit bottomfeeding ISP like Virgin etc.....then it's likely to take longer.

As a rough guide I'd say about 60-90 minutes and the forum will be back. If something goes badly wrong then it may never be back. It's in the lap of the gods really.

@XTreme how long should this shit go down for , if whos doing it knows their shit.

Nothing will happen as they take the first data snapshot over......then Stu will disable the board just before they do the final sweep.

Get that across......bind the old IP's to the new box.....then it's a matter of waiting for propagation of the changes across the servers of the various ISP's.

If you're on some shit bottomfeeding ISP like Virgin etc.....then it's likely to take longer.

As a rough guide I'd say about 60-90 minutes and the forum will be back. If something goes badly wrong then it may never be back. It's in the lap of the gods really.

just as i thought.

Thats [mention]rennie[/mention] screwed :lol: we have also had issues with orange/EE in the past :roll:

[mention]XTreme[/mention] how long should this shit go down for , if whos doing it knows their shit.

You should know all the timescales with you running the show :popcorn:

Thats @rennie screwed :lol: we have also had issues with orange/EE in the past :roll:

You should know all the timescales with you running the show :popcorn:

im ready my end , every thing is in place... im predicting a nice smooth change over

Kilobytes ready for the Gigabyte transfer

im only getting 1022 Terabytes to a Petabyte, but dont worry i'll get there for scheduled time tomorrow :thumb:

And bear in mind it's going to be on a cloud platform!

So if you live near Bracknell, look up into the sky on a clear day and you may well catch sight of the forum floating past.

Bit of a dark cloud down there though :lol: