No Excuse!

XTreme

Seen this on the UK Strom group on FB today.

Take a look at this.......

122291434_10223712815986406_7867019996463335583_n-min.jpg.5e3c53e379eed748cd28ed62e5ef5ea9.jpg

That was the condition that a used 650 Strom XT was delivered from the Suzuki main dealer.

What makes it even worse is that the bike itself is a 2020 model, ex-demo.......and has only done 51 miles!

It came with the tyres way under the recommended pressures as well......so it looks like no sort of check was ever done on it.

Those were certainly 51 hard miles!

I'll see if I can find out who these cowboys were and give you the heads up.

Can I ask...

Why on Earth the guy even touch it??? :scratch:

I would have just turned to the seller and asked for my money back.

Bought it over the phone based on showroom pics!

Seriously bad move!! You live and learn :roll:

The thing is, the chain is what you can see.

What else is under the covers and the "poor" guy will find out a few months from now? :scratch:

Note: poor should be read as IDIOT!!!! :lol:

It would depend on the price no? If it was discounted enough the cost of a new chain isn't exactly a deal breaker and with only 51 miles on the clock?. I agree it's a pretty poor show on the dealer's part though.

What else is under the covers and the "poor" guy will find out a few months from now? :scratch:

Says the man who went well south to pick up a bike bought presumably off photos? And assuming it has only 51 miles I can't see what else could be under the covers plus it should have at least a partial manufacturers warranty.

Says the man who went well south to pick up a bike bought presumably off photos? And assuming it has only 51 miles I can't see what else could be under the covers plus it should have at least a partial manufacturers warranty.

I went well south to get an over 30yr old bike knowing very well what I was getting. The value was considering the worst case and I was ready to walk away if I wasn't happy with the bike.

After spending well under the budget the bike is running perfectly so I had a pretty good deal :booty:

What about the things you can't see?

Suzukis are notorious for rust at the best of times.....my Strom had lived it's life in the desert of Almeria, but I still had a fair bit of rust removal to do when I got it home.

A demo bike will have the full 3 year warranty......but Suzuki don't accept rust as part of their criteria.

Lets be honest

The chain is surface rust and the tyres can leak air if stood a while

Does it make it a BAD bike? no!

Does it mean the dealer has lacked a decent check over well yes!

A NEW bike with 51 miles on won't have loads of issues underneath because the dealer failed to make the chain look pretty and pump the tyres up

It would put me off the dealer though but not enough to slate them totally! just a lack of attention to detail

After all the bike is built by suzuki in a factory and not built by the dealer

Nothing that a quick wipe with an oily rag wouldn't fix . I've had chains go like that in the middle of a touring holiday especially after a few hundred miles in the rain . We had a bloke at the bike shop who wouldn't stop ranting about some surface rust on a new ZZR 1400 . The absurdity of the fact that he had to get down on the floor , close one eye and peer through the front wheel spindle with a torch seemed to have escaped him . Never shut up about it . ( Yes , you , Gordon )

Edited by fastbob

For clarity.

I never said the bike is bad or Suzuki is a brand that people shouldn't trust.

I don't know if the bike is in good condition or not because I can only see a bit of the chain and rear sprocket.

My comments are aimed solely to the dealer (as others here did the same) which is by negligence compromising Suzuki's reputation and to the guy who took the bike away in that condition.

Anyone trying to imply that I meant anything else, bite me :P :booty:

Drama Queens ... its a tiny bit of surface rust :roll:

I've had chains get surface rust whilst away, but not get that powdery look to them. Decent steel doesn't usually rust like that so quickly.

I think the point that reputable dealer wouldn't send a bike out like that is fairly made. If they're that sloppy I wouldn't want to do business with them.

I'll stick with chinese, rust comes as standard (apparently) :lol: :thumb:

You don't know the half of it . The rust on modern Harleys is truly shocking . Luckily mine is an '04 from before quality control went to shit .