What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

So the Trophy went onto the Dyno & the results were disappointing to say the least:

DD1B2B9F-201D-45F9-A3A6-3D3F702BF8E1.thumb.jpeg.5b47130936a25b55878b3edb3ee156f9.jpeg

It also decided to mark it’s territory while on the Dyno 😥

So the official diagnosis is “it’s a bit poorly”

I suspected it was running lean, but the misfire, clutch slip & oil leak were new news.

I've looked at the oil tank filler located on where the fuel tank would normally be and wondered how the hell it opened?

I couldn't get my head round it so I did a search and found that it needs a special removal tool that you put a socket in. And I don't have one!

So it was onto e-Bay and I ordered this.....

s-l1600.jpg.7c181dae2d62657b2f401e748e74f14e.jpg

It's good that it's lockable......but why not use a f@cking key?

I've looked at the oil tank filler located on where the fuel tank would normally be and wondered how the hell it opened?

I couldn't get my head round it so I did a search and found that it needs a special removal tool that you put a socket in. And I don't have one!

s-l1600.jpg

i think you need a special pump to drain the oil out of that filler and seemingly there is always a bit left and that you do the normal way out of the sump

s-l1600.jpg

i think you need a special pump to drain the oil out of that filler and seemingly there is always a bit left and that you do the normal way out of the sump

You can use a pump but there is a facility for draining it normally as I understand.

Do you find they make a real difference? Thought about fitting them to mine but haven't yet.

Very much so.....I've had them on every bike I've had for about 15 years.

More comfortable, less vibration, and less stress on hands and wrists because you're not gripping as much.

When I change the bike, and I do that very often, one of the first things I order is Grip Puppies.

I had grip puppies and they definitely reduce vibrations. I was surprised the heated grips still worked well.

Had to take them off in the end though because I found them quite uncomfortable over longer distances. I think they don’t suit small hands so well cos I gave them to my husband and he really likes them, says they’re much better than normal grips.

This is the twatting bolt I have to remove......but I'm not doing a round trip of 100kms to Baza just to get that done.

I've now figured out how to get the handguards on.....it's just this bolt is now holding me up.

20201028_111511-min.thumb.jpg.719c77061580a0ccde0c0c15a18557ea.jpg

Hi [mention]XTreme[/mention] those weight retaining bolts can be a pain.

I have had some success with connecting a thin tube to the WD40 outlet and going in from the other side if your handlebars are one piece.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian

I had an epiphany last night :shock: anyway just put it into practice and retapped the threads on the tank and fuel tap for the Rizatto, i found my hole size gauge and went to work, 5 mins later we have matching threads on both and they fit well, onto the tank cleaning now :thumb:

Hi @XTreme those weight retaining bolts can be a pain.

I have had some success with connecting a thin tube to the WD40 outlet and going in from the other side if your handlebars are one piece.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian

Head is rounded.....so no way of getting a proper grip Ian.

[mention]XTreme[/mention] i have had some success using an old flat screwdriver hammered into the hex head and some mole grips on the screwdriver shaft to get some weight behind it :thumb:

This is the twatting bolt I have to remove......but I'm not doing a round trip of 100kms to Baza just to get that done.

I've now figured out how to get the handguards on.....it's just this bolt is now holding me up.

Ah, the curse of the torx head bolt !

Have you tried hammering in a similar sized but slightly larger Allen bit?

I would drill it & use a bolt extraction kit, not a complicated job.

Ah, the curse of the torx head bolt !

Have you tried hammering in a similar sized but slightly larger Allen bit?

I would drill it & use a bolt extraction kit, not a complicated job.

For me it is! :lol: