What you doing this weekend?

rennie

An organised off road day on the Himalayan with a company that’s well reviewed but I’ve never used before.

Someone posted on the Himalayan Facebook page about their “wonderful day out with them” a week or so ago. You get further into the post n pics and see his bike plastered with blood. Turns out he had a off, mashed his face and had to stop at lunch time. Mind you the bikes white so it probably looked worse than it was 😬

The mud n water looked deep then and it’s been peeing down since so it’ll be interesting to see what the conditions are :P

An organised off road day on the Himalayan with a company that’s well reviewed but I’ve never used before.

Someone posted on the Himalayan Facebook page about their “wonderful day out with them” a week or so ago. You get further into the post n pics and see his bike plastered with blood. Turns out he had a off, mashed his face and had to stop at lunch time. Mind you the bikes white so it probably looked worse than it was 😬

The mud n water looked deep then and it’s been peeing down since so it’ll be interesting to see what the conditions are :P

Ouch! Was he wearing an open face?

Yep. Sometimes recommended for learners cos of the better field of vision :shock:

Yep. Sometimes recommended for learners cos of the better field of vision :shock:

I can't really talk...

i-m5Qk782-L.jpg

Three open face to the one full face - I do acknowledge the risk but if I'm not out on fast dual carriageways I tend to prefer going open face as it just gives me more of a sense of... I don't know. Freedom, maybe.

[mention]learningtofly[/mention] mmm a biker tidy, any good?

I have an open face and get what you mean about the freedom thing, rode around some fields with no helmet and its great, I can see why people protested against the introduction of helmet laws. Came to the conclusion Fred Hill was right people should have the choice to splat their brains out if they want to.

But on the road I’m with [mention]S-Westerly[/mention] and I don’t even wear my open face helmet cos a broken jaw or facial injuries don’t appeal much, my mug doesn’t need to be any uglier!

It's a couple of these. They're brilliant, and I put them up in a corner of my office (where bea has no jurisdiction, even though she hates them :twisted: )

I do get it regarding the risk of open face helmets... when I'm just bimbling it's a risk I'm prepared to take but - more and more lately - `I'm picking up the full face for any rides that are likely to involve even moderate speed.

As an extreme fair weather biker now, I’ll be staying in the dry and warm. I will be paying off the hotels though, a bunch of us child scooter riders are going round the NC500 in June.

Since the weather is pants I decided to spend the afternoon in the garage making bird boxes. My wife was bored so she decided to join me. She's used the circular saw, various drills and borers and is now hooked on playing with power tools.

Then we had a power cut, the joys of living in the countryside.

Since the weather is pants I decided to spend the afternoon in the garage making bird boxes. My wife was bored so she decided to join me. She's used the circular saw, various drills and borers and is now hooked on playing with power tools.

My missus has always loved Power Tools.....she's got loads!

Which is nice because I'm not temperamentally suited to tools of any type!

Even more reason to have a generator. :lol:

Oh dear! not good, once you let them loose on tools and they discover the joys they start buying their own, and you know that they are their tools :shock:

8777f262d2c6f74767d0dc4d8ffb676f.jpg

Oh dear! not good, once you let them loose on tools and they discover the joys they start buying their own, and you know that they are their tools :shock:

f**k me! I must have not noticed us being wrenched back to the fifties! Is this what the services change is about? To update the attitudes [mention]Stu[/mention] ?

f**k me! I must have not noticed us being wrenched back to the fifties! Is this what the services change is about? To update the attitudes @Stu ?

:laugh:

Even more reason to have a generator. :lol:

I keep thinking of buying one. Our power goes off quite regularly. We have no gas fire so without electricity we're doomed.

Just remembered, even the sewage is pumped by electric. :hitfan:

f**k me! I must have not noticed us being wrenched back to the fifties! Is this what the services change is about? To update the attitudes @Stu ?

I suspect it's dynax making his move for TOTY! I knew he would!