Out And About

martynmcg

Just a thread to stick up any info when you're heading out for a quick blast instead of a new thread every time. Thinking a few dozen posts are easier to look through than a few dozen scattered topics.

So further from Stu kindly pointing out our bad posting habits :twisted: this thread is for posting when you decide to go out, maybe on the off chance or even plan a couple of days in advance. Whatever you decide.

I'll start..... this Sunday coming. 9th Nov. Glasgow, weather permitting. So far me and Ratser. Any more takers?

Ok, my old man has came down from Fife and staying until Sunday.

What time he leaves I don't know, but I may have to pull out of this mate.

Shame as according to the BBC the weather is supposed to be ok.

If anything changes I will let you know, but take it as me not being able to make it for now.

Looking pretty dry this weekend.

Might go for an early run out somewhere tomorrow if anyone is about and fancies it ?

Was thinking of heading up to see the folks in Fife (and might still do that), but if not maybe a wee run down Inverary way.

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Triumph TT600, but still to do DAS. Sold my Jinny125 today, sad, but happy at the prospect of riding my TT600.

Up for a ride after I pass.

Just thought I would say hi.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of the window.

Gary

Great run out today, down to Ayrshire then across to Dumfries & Galloway.

Some fantastic roads, and a nice wee tea room too which some other bikers dropped into as well.

Though after leaving there the temperature suddenly dropped, and I was absolutely frozen coming back up to civilisation.

A mix of motorway and B roads on the way back up.

Reminded me just how much I hate motorway riding.

There is just nothing fun about it, and I find myself tensing up due to lack of activity, and to stop me letting go.

Some great speeds achieved today, and only 30 odd miles till first service due. :D

Still couldn't keep up with the R1 though, but no surprises there.

Wee pic from today (not me in pic)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Ratser/Bike/DSC00177.jpg

I was pretty much following that R1 (when possible), but basically out of that tea room to the right, down to a very very sharp left (almost doubling back on yourself), then a mega twisty round the side of the hills (in a valley), twisty road across nowhere really heading towards the A74 way.

We had came down via Strathaven and Darvel way.

Sorry, not the best description, and I don't know road numbers.

Was a good wee run anyway.

I was pretty much following that R1 (when possible), but basically out of that tea room to the right, down to a very very sharp left (almost doubling back on yourself), then a mega twisty round the side of the hills (in a valley), twisty road across nowhere really heading towards the A74 way.We had came down via Strathaven and Darvel way.

Sorry, not the best description, and I don't know road numbers.

Was a good wee run anyway.

sounds like the Dalveen Pass (A702)

• 3 months later...

hi guys

i live in glasgow and would love a ride out at the weekend. if the weather is good

i have a kymco 125 and only done my cbt so cant go on the motorway but would love to go to largs or something that that for a day. been driving for 10 months so more than use to the road but got no one else to go out with

let me know

im just outside glasgow too

i live in the south side - newton mearns/ giffnock area

im happy to meet any weekend with some notice and go for a ride.

i ride in all weathers but i guess if we are gonna plan something it would be better to do it when its not wet.

Alright mate. Good to see more riders near this neck of the woods. And with decent taste in music (GnR) :twisted:

I'm normally off work every other weekend so I'm good to go whenever I'm not working. I'm working this weekend and then I'm away to the Ace Cafe run the weekend after.

But if you want to plan a weekend trip mate, then how about we set one for a weekend in April. If we all say when we're available then just pick one that suits everybody. Sound good?

sure sounds good to me

i will have a think and pick a weekend in april and see if we can all meet then

where are you in glasgow?

seen gnr 10 times and hardcore fan

sounds good

how about the 11th or 12th of april

i have booked my test today for the 9th so would be good to go for a drive without my L plates on

anyone intrested just say in this thread. maybe a trip to largs or somewhere up north - im open to suggestions

Good wee runout on Saturday.

Over the Kincardine Bridge, through Rosyth and Dalgety Bay to Kirkcaldy.

It was from there I made my mistake, instead of going up to the top decided to go through Coaltown of Weymss, Buckhaven etc. 20mph ffs. :x

Along to Leven, then through to Elie.

Good run though, especially with the Vectra who was trying to keep up after I passed him :lol:

Then back home the same way, this time missing out the 20mph roads and going via Leven and Stand Stane Road.

Decided to cut off the motorway and go back Kincardine Bridge again due to the wind.

Didn't fancy going over the Forth Bridge.

Quite a few bikes out, so if I passed anyone I apologise, although I would have nodded. :mrgreen:

Sounds like a good day Ratser. I was working all weekend, so I didn't even get out in the sunshine. Do 14 hours shifts at the weekend so it's a completely wasted day for me.

I'll check my rota for the 11/12th April. Largs sounds like a good wee run, hopefully the weather is good enough.

Would need to be 11th for me.

12th is my nephews first birthday.

The weekend after that I move house, so bike will only be moved from one house to another.

Although I am off the week between for Easter holidays.

Gotta love construction holidays. :mrgreen:

How is the wee one by the way ? Enjoying parenthood ?

Aye parenthood is great. He's about 18 weeks now. I think. :?

He's starting to roll about the floor and grab stuff so we're watching him like a hawk at the minute. Can't wait for him to grow up though. Start him on his bike lessons :twisted: