North Wales Camping weekend - 10th September

GarethNW

Weekend beginning the 10th of September Date has changed

We are proposing another camping weekend and would like to gage the interest. We are looking for a site in North Wales similar to that in Keswick where we can have camp fires. TC and I will be taking a ride out and scouting to find something suitable in the next couple of weeks.

The trip will be Friday-Sunday with a ride out Saturday @ 12pm. Food can be provided at approx £15 per person for the weekend.

Menu ideas,

Friday pm, BBQ and the famous corned beef hash weather permitting cooked on the open fire.

Saturday, Breakfast Sausage and/or Bacon barms. Riders usually grab a themselves dinner while out but sandwiches will be made at site, Tuna mayo, ham, cheese, other requests taken. Tea will be another BBQ, Burgers, Hotdogs, pork chops, chicken skewers the usual suspects etc. Likely another corned beef hash or stew for supper again cooked on the fire weather permitting.

Sunday Sausage and/or Bacon Barms.

Noodles, crisps, sweets and cakes will be bought so those who get peckish randomly should be appeased in between meals.

We will have a car in cortège so can complete beer orders, cash via PayPal or upon delivery of these kept seperate from food.

Site fees we will confirm once site is confirmed again these will be extra, can collect or you can pay straight to site.

Let us know if you are interested. Please also state if you want feeding or will cater for yourself.

Edited by GarethNW

Di-a-Lema... I'm working on the 10th

So its either Me or "The Wife" (well Dans wife)

I don't mind if its the 10th people. I've got quite alot of work on ATM going for a Promotion.

I'l still come for a rideout to suss out a camp site Gareth

Have you thought about shell island? Supposed to be good, never been there but all my mates rave on about it! I may be able to come and join in the fun but I start a new job on monday so getting the weekend off may be hard. The joys of working in retail eh?!?

Quote from TC

Shel island is good mate but you can't take bikes on there.

I have been looking at Shel Island for a while as I have had many ppl suggest it to me.

The event is now officially the 10th as TC is very busy with his Smurf duties and is happy to miss this one out.

North Wales is ace by bike... and I've stayed at one particular place next to Coed-y-Brenin which was very good... pencil me in as a maybe (need to check with the wife)

GarethNW

Darren

Trish

MoJo

Dan

The Wife

Yorbandit

Sue (Maybe)

rick (Maybe)

TC has sent us a list of camp-sites that do allow fires so will need to whittle the list down then take a ride out to make sure its goo enough for our needs.

Camp-sites with fires

Feel free to make sugestions :wink:

Rick, do you have any more info on the camp-site in Coed-y-Brenin?

It was a farm that had three large fields out the back... no worries with bbqs or whatever... and decent shower block etc. I'll dig out the name of the place tonight/tomorrow. I don't know typical prices for camping but they charged £15 a night for a two man tent which I thought was alright.

Air Ambulance are doing a run out and camping weekend 11th. and 12th. september £10 per bike and £3 camping, not sure but think there are live bands too.

At Anglesey I think but you would have to check the website If this is any help.