Out And About

martynmcg

Went out for a ride down Dumfries and Ayrshire way.

Down to Dalmellington via Cumnock and New Cumnock, to Carsphairn for a coffee, then to Dalry, across to Montraive, to Thornton and along the Dalveen Pass, then shot back along the motorway due to time constraints.

Loads of bikes (at least 20 :shock: ) stopped on the road to Montraive from Dalry, as I think one of them had an off.

Hope they are ok and it wasn't anyone from here.

What a nice wee road that is as well.

Had a class day yesterday up to Lochernhead onto the A85 to Crieff.In Crieff it was a right turn on to the A822 towards Muthill, out of Muthill A822 turnned right onto the A823 and followed it all the way to Rumbling Bridge :D :D :D :D :D It was worth the run for this piece of flowing twisties prob not possible to sqeeze in any more bends.At Rumbling Bridge turnned left onto the A977 heading for Kinross.Through Kinross lokking for the A922 to Milnathort and right turn on to the A911 an hit this until Glenrothes right turn on to the A92 (hate motorway/dual carriageway they serve a purrpose but still)turnned left and went down through Kirkcaldy along the water front to the A921 to Inverkiething accross the bridge and home.

• 3 weeks later...
Doubt it Tak. weather looking lousy, if it is I'll be watching the Northwest200 on the BBC website tomorrow

Weather looks lousy over there as well - was it last year or the year before it was washed out?

Ill put it on anyway - if its wet my money's on Rutter......

Starting to feel like I'll never be 'out and about'.

Had my bike 6 months today, as of next weekend it'll have been off the road 3 months- not including the few weeks it was off the road at the start of the year when it wouldn't start before.

Had my bike 6 months today, as of next weekend it'll have been off the road 3 months- not including the few weeks it was off the road at the start of the year when it wouldn't start before.

Has there been any progress?

Has there been any progress?

Well, Ed managed to get it started a few weeks back (although we still don't know why it wasn't starting in the first place, or what to do to make sure it doesn't happen again) and I have a new chain and sprockets sitting here waiting to be fitted which will hopefully sort the gear problems out. Just ordered to tool to remove the old chain and join the new one together. Also need to get a torque wrench for putting the back wheel back on once the new chain/sprockets are on.

Assuming that fixes the gear problems I then need to get handlebar risers so I can ride longer than 30-40mins without crippling back pain. I've also read that i might need to get longer clutch/brake cables to accomodate the extra distance to the riser bars (hopefully not!). May also need to get lower footpegs so I can still walk when i get off :roll:

Unfortunately they're for the gsx, its the gsxr I have. The existing bars are clip ons which attach under the top yoke, because of the fairing normal risers won't fit (I don't want to cut into the fairing), the only off the shelf ones that will are around £300 (gilles variobars), and they are replacement clip-ons with a riser attachment rather than a riser that sits on the top yoke. Hoping to get suitable risers made for a bit less!

Well i'm getting ready to head down Lanark way to pick up this Triumph Tiger.....could not be a more miserable day; do i care?

Not a chance! :shock:

Though it'll be a different story when i get soaked :lol:

I cant believe i got from Clydesdale to Clydebank without getting wet :shock:

I'm a happy wee bunny, only downer is that i've got the Tiger's battery sitting charging up as we had to jump it earlier, aparantly they like a new one every now and again...but i'll charge it first and see.

anyone else brave the elements today? - saw a fair few on my way back

went a trip to Prestwick just to hand in a CV, got there and it was pissin down.

on my way back however I somehow ended up in the middle of a group of bikes lol , was about 10 of them with all there touring stuff,

they were all doing 40 in a 30 and I knew for a fact there was a speed camera ahead , so I went infront of them all and put on the brakes haha

• 1 month later...

Ah, nice wee run.

Strathaven, Muirkirk, Cumnock, New Cumnock, Sanquar, Dalveen Pass, Biggar, Peebles, Lanark, and home. :mrgreen:

Almost taken out by a porsche who was on my side of the road on the Dalveen Pass, twat !!

Tomorrow will be pick up new bike, experience the motorway for the first time M8 and M80 up to Bishopbriggs to check a relatives house and then over the Campsies at the Crow Rd and back home via the Stockiemuir Rd. I want to experience acceleration up a hill!

on Sat done the stathaven to muirkirk and onwards. was a great run

the muirkirk road had gravel at every junction, then got lost along a road with no fences and nothing but sheep and rams all over the road. still a great run :lol: