Out And About

martynmcg

on Sat done the stathaven to muirkirk and onwards. was a great run

the muirkirk road had gravel at every junction, then got lost along a road with no fences and nothing but sheep and rams all over the road. still a great run :lol:

It's not a bad wee road until you get to where it hasn't been resurfaced.

And I hate that tight downhill part to the wee bridge (not the sweeping right hander at the other bridge with the layby). Always wet and gravel on the corners there.

That is my wee quick blast route, then stop at the cemetery at Muirkirk for a cigarette. :lol:

Ah the rollercoaster road.

Makes me seasick that road to/from Arrochar.

just went a little trip today to ayr,

ended up buying oil and oil filter from north harbour honda , costed a bomb, wish i got it online instead lol.

also bought some new earplugs and visor spray :)

shall be changing oil tomoz if it aint raining just before i have to work :(

Up to Buchlyvie for a black pudding roll, then did the rest of the Carse of Stirling. Meant to come back via the Carron Valley, but it was closed, so had to come back via Kilsyth and Kirky - boring. Got a sore bottom, so I have bought a gel seat pad.

• 3 weeks later...

Overlooking Faslane Naval Base.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/6072846833_a532b084cc_b.jpg

Came back over Glen Douglas, a single track road covered in gravel and cow dung. Felt the bike slide about a lot.

Overlooking Faslane Naval Base.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/6072846833_a532b084cc_b.jpg

Came back over Glen Douglas, a single track road covered in gravel and cow dung. Felt the bike slide about a lot.

I was up Glen Douglas a couple of weeks ago, me bash plate is still covered in $hite from the herd of cows i almost ran into, gravel and dung made for a slippy trip.

Home via Glen Fruin was better :mrgreen:

I was up Glen Douglas a couple of weeks ago, me bash plate is still covered in $hite ........................made for a slippy trip.

:mrgreen:

Very accommodating of Mr Douglas, you must be close hahahaha!!

i ve heard about that glen coe geezer. I ve heard he ll take anyone up him. All the same mate i dont think this is an appropriate forum for you to reveal your sexploits :shock:

• 6 months later...

Nice wee run out of about 40 miles today, just out towards Muirkirk and Strathaven.

Started getting pretty cold though, and roads were pretty mucky from farm traffic.

Under the trees was very wet too.

Enjoyed it though. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

nice one i was out today went up to tay bridge accross to crieff up to aberfeldy out to rannoch station and all the way back down through glen eagles past knockhill only bad bit was all the gravel on the road just north of knockhill

We went up to Oban via the Green Welly today. Late heading out because of police interview taking aaaaages then having to jump start the bike :roll:

Absolutely cracking ride, though I am a little bit achey from my 203 mile trip :shock:

However, tired achey muscles whilst unleasent is MUCH better than crippling back pain :D

Think I have done as many miles on the VFR in 2 days as on the gsxr in 16months :cry:

get out and enjoy it thats what i say i would rather go out all day than just for an hour yesterday was a 285 miles for me and to be fair most runs i do are 200+ miles

the borders are always busy when the weather is as good as it was close to home for most people and some truely great roads

nice one i was out today went up to tay bridge accross to crieff up to aberfeldy out to rannoch station and all the way back down through glen eagles past knockhill only bad bit was all the gravel on the road just north of knockhill

Great run. The road at Knockhill is terrible. Weird since all the other roads are good to superb.