Fuel Price Drop..

nman1

I vaguely remember the absolute panic and chaos that ensued just as petrol went to £1 a litre. Petrol stations were run dry with q's a mile long.

It'll be £5 a litre within my lifetime. Willing to place a bet on that.

When I filled up on Wednesday Asda had dropped their petrol price to £1.30.7 so I'm guessing others will follow

Petrol round here is about £1.34 a litre. Dropped from £1.36 :roll:

Couldn't believe how 'cheap' it was the last time I was south at about £1.31!!

It is currently costing me about $40 to fill up my hire car from empty, thats about £25 to fill a 46litre tank.

Petrol prices in the uk are absolutely ridiculous. Many people work in places where it is simply not possible to get public transport so its not even avoidable.

We don't have the most expensive petrol in Europe, I think Norway takes that title:

http://www.staveleyhead.co.uk/utilities/petrol-prices/

The general trend is always going to be upward, fuel is a finite resource after all. Enjoy it while we've got it. And then when we haven't maybe we'll get to blast about on hydrogen-powered bikes? :lol:

In the mid-90s I remember getting pissy when it went over 50p per litre in Southend.

Oh dear.

I remember 37.5p

A GALLON! :shock:

£1 got you 2.7 gallons... hohum... :D

I still have my petrol ration book from the 1970,s!!! :shock:

In the mid-90s I remember getting pissy when it went over 50p per litre in Southend.

Oh dear.

I remember 37.5p

A GALLON! :shock:

£1 got you 2.7 gallons... hohum... :D

Oh I remember further back - but this was the price rise which burned me the most :D

The price of fuel has just dropped 3% according to sky news.

But surely the price of fuel pushes up the cost of living, so people need higher wages to live. Which raises the cost of manufactoring so then companies move their business' abroad.

But surely the price of fuel pushes up the cost of living, so people need higher wages to live. Which raises the cost of manufactoring so then companies move their business' abroad.

Vicious circle eh?

Vicious circle eh?

Or being able to find the right balance. Which is why we have intelligent people in charge. :shock:

We don't have the most expensive petrol in Europe, I think Norway takes that title:

http://www.staveleyhead.co.uk/utilities/petrol-prices/

The general trend is always going to be upward, fuel is a finite resource after all. Enjoy it while we've got it. And then when we haven't maybe we'll get to blast about on hydrogen-powered bikes? :lol:

Dont worry clare that wont be in our lifetime!

Just been paying £1.41 in Iom so was a decent drop when got back to the mainland.

Dont worry clare that wont be in our lifetime!

Just been paying £1.41 in Iom so was a decent drop when got back to the mainland.

Gary, did you say you work in the oil industry? If so, do you have any insight as to why prices are going up so much, yet it seems like the oil companies are making record profits?

It's the same with energy companies though, gas prices going up yet they are making more profit than before (though they claim it's wholesale prices increasing).

Is it just trying to make as much money as possible / profiteering? Or is there something they know that we don't? :shock: