Motorcycle Live 2011 (NEC bike show) 19th - 27th Nov 2011

Stu

stu me and jim could go with you and tracey but would have to be midweek wed thurs or friday xx

Will mention it to tracey to see if she can get the time off :-)

After petrol, ticket, the price of a pint and a sandwich...and the crowds - everything would have to be a quid or less to entice me to go.

Year after year the feedback from visitors has been dire.

I just dont get it, personally. It's like Asda putting on a display of spam juggling and charging you a fiver to get in the store when all you wanted was a packet of Jammy Dodgers and to check out the price of mince.

After petrol, ticket, the price of a pint and a sandwich...and the crowds - everything would have to be a quid or less to entice me to go.

Year after year the feedback from visitors has been dire.

I just dont get it, personally. It's like Asda putting on a display of spam juggling and charging you a fiver to get in the store when all you wanted was a packet of Jammy Dodgers and to check out the price of mince.

The perceptions of the bike show always seem very strange to me, I have been most years over the past 5 years and always enjoy it, but then I guess I dont go there for a bargain I go to meet people, see what is on show and what new products are coming out.

It would seem as with all other things in the UK press the UK bike press just always want to print negative comments.

2 years ago BMW had all their lowered bikes available for test rides, the live show was pretty good, the chats from racers and the like were good and there were a really good number of new products available to look at, test out and chat to the developers about, from new panniers, satnavs, to camping gear and accessories.

As for beer and food, well its the same as anything at the NEC, bring your own food if want a cheap day, and ride your bike if you want free parking.

I think we are going to this as well.

Meeting a couple of other guys, one from London and the other from Hull down there.

Will be there for the Saturday I think.

Not sure as it is not me organising.

Was meant to go last year too but had a gig on the Saturday night.

Who in Hull, I might know them lol...

We are going Thursday :)

If people put what day they are going, once they had decided, nearer the time I will collate the information of who is going when so people know who they can meet up with :)

:yay:

Cant believe I was actually able to get them.... love a bargain!! :)

I know I saw it and thought they would have gone :lol:

Need to save some money now to see what I can buy :lol: