Estate agents (unbelievable)

TC

Some of you know i'm thinking about selling up.

Had an estate agent around today. The conversation went like this........

Your house is worth around 290 -300K. But i could sell it tomorrow for 250K if you like, and will only charge you 4K instead of 5K for a quick sale :shock:

Do people actully fall for people like that. Cheeky twat

99% of estate agents are not qualified to value property only red book chartered surveyors are qualified to value property!

Most estate agents give a Market appraisal as they should know the local Market.

Your estate agent should tell you the house is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it be that £1 or £300000, his sales pitch is crap!

I totally agree Nogin. we had 4 of them around and they came up with the average for this size house here. I was just supprised with the last guys cheek.

I've checked 'right move' spire all the agents we picked are on there.

The thing is we dont need to move and wont go until January anyway, thats when the mortgage is up.

I suspect Estate agents have contacts with local landlords and developers. These people have funds ready to buy properties now. If you want a quick sale they will buy your property and either rent it or put it back on the market at full market value. The estate agent gets a reduced commission from you and probably a finders fee from the buyer. It's how they make their money. I think it's known as a free market economy, something to do with capitalism 8-)

I meant dont use a traditional high street estate agent. Use an online estate agency that also lists on right move. They are musch cheaper but generally charge an up front fee. It also requires you to show the prospective buyers round yourself. So depends how happy you are doing that.

I meant dont use a traditional high street estate agent. Use an online estate agency that also lists on right move. They are musch cheaper but generally charge an up front fee. It also requires you to show the prospective buyers round yourself. So depends how happy you are doing that.

All agents we used in Brum expected us to show people round - and those who made the effort were worse than hopeless.

As the bear says, they simply waited till we'd accept a price from one of their band of property developers/landlords.

I don't have a pleasant word for estate agents.