conspiracy thoeories

techno

Due to it been mentioned on the 9/11 thread thought i would start it off on its own.

Anyone got any favourites?

Have any actually been proved to be true?

I was always interested in the moon landing ones, they have all seemed to have been busted by numerous sources over the years.

If anything the thoerists may have actually turned sceptics into believers!

Lady Di killed by the Royal Family because she was poised to embarrass the crown by marrying Dodi Al Fayed, a Muslin, who would become teh step dad to Princes William and Harry, heirs to the British throne.

These paranoid accusations gained more traction than they deserved thanks to their tabloid appeal, not to mention the tireless championing of Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi's father, who refuses to this day to believe the fatal car crash was a mere accident. It was suggested that an agent of MI6, the British intelligence service, was present at the scene, posing as a member of the press. It was suggested that a mysterious vehicle, a white Fiat Uno, was used by the conspirators to block the limousine's path, forcing it to collide with the pillar. It was suggested that recordings from closed-circuit cameras in the Alma Tunnel which ought have documented the precise sequence of events were either tampered with or summarily disposed of. And so on.

None of these assertions have held up under scrutiny. They were not planning to get married, there were no unaccounted for vehicles, and the cameras in the tunnel were not positioned properly to record the accident. No convincing evidence of Government Involvement has been found either.

Then again.... wouldnt it all be covered up anyway.... who knows!

Wasn't a missing wartime Lancaster bomber found on the moon? I read an article about it in the Sunday Star when that first came out..... :lol:

My favourite conspiracy thing was the President Kennedy assassination in Dallas. I am absolutely certain that we will never hear for sure if this was a set-up/inside job. But there are so many anomalies around this that the "official" story really don't hold water.

As far as 9/11 goes....why crash planes into the buildings if they are rigged with explosives to bring them down? A truck full of weedkiller and suger left outside (ala Docklands) would have been sufficient. I've seen programs about controlled demolitions and the amount of explosives and preparatory work that has to go in to bring down buildings a fraction of the size of the twin towers just makes this theory incredible (ie. lacking in credibility). Just MHO.... :wink:

Bob

Watching a show on the box Last night about 9 11 conspiracy theories and the only thing that I thought was actually true, is that most theorists will not let any amount of proof change their mind. There was some serious shouting at the telly going on.

Guy

Read an interesting book about the Oklahoma bombings, didn't deny that McVeigh was heavily involved but some doubt as to whether he was the bomber and who was really behind the whole plot. He was happy to take the blame and prosecutors were happy to blame someone so the full truth may never come out.

Someone tried a truck bomb before on WTC Tango.

Quite a few that were probably called conspiracy theories have proven to be true. Gulf of Tonkin, WMD in Iraq, Iran-contra, MK-Ultra, Operation Northwoods to name but a few. I do love a good conspiracy theory but most are bunk :D

Lady Di killed by the Royal Family because she was poised to embarrass the crown by marrying Dodi Al Fayed, a Muslin, who would become teh step dad to Princes William and Harry, heirs to the British throne.

These paranoid accusations gained more traction than they deserved thanks to their tabloid appeal, not to mention the tireless championing of Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi's father, who refuses to this day to believe the fatal car crash was a mere accident. It was suggested that an agent of MI6, the British intelligence service, was present at the scene, posing as a member of the press. It was suggested that a mysterious vehicle, a white Fiat Uno, was used by the conspirators to block the limousine's path, forcing it to collide with the pillar. It was suggested that recordings from closed-circuit cameras in the Alma Tunnel which ought have documented the precise sequence of events were either tampered with or summarily disposed of. And so on.

None of these assertions have held up under scrutiny. They were not planning to get married, there were no unaccounted for vehicles, and the cameras in the tunnel were not positioned properly to record the accident. No convincing evidence of Government Involvement has been found either.

Then again.... wouldnt it all be covered up anyway.... who knows!

I was working in Paris at the time this happened, I visited the spot a couple of days later, you had to ask how it was possible that it could of hit the pillar, if either the driver wasn't totally out of his head on drink or drugs or been pushed into it by another vehicle, you also couldn't imagine what sort of speed it must of been travelling at on impact to sustain the damage it did, it was all very odd?

The good old moon landing!

Telescopes have found the craft that landed, the lunar rover and the tracks made by the astronauts... We can supposedly physically see it but apparently was a hoax.

The accusations based on the fact the flag was flailing around as if stricken by the wind. Yet the astronauts suits showed no sign of buffeting and if there is any moving energy in the vacuum of space it would flap around a bit.

I think somethings conspiracy wise belong with those who are paranoid or need a coping mechanism!

The flag thing is easy you cant actually replicate it in the atmosphere as the air would cause it to stop in a vacuum it carries on flapping.

That truck bomb attack on the wtc apparantkly was deemed a failure they actually thought it would bring the towers down.

The ultimate has to be area 51, watched a cracking programe on it once, where they planted a wreck made from tin foil and such just on the edge of sight of a fixed 'tour' there were two guys in radiation suits, they then interviewed members from this tour group a month later. The responses were incredible, they ranged from there being 20+ army style guards, actual sightings of aliens, guns being pointed at people, ect. These people fully believed they were telling the truth. They did it to show how inaccurate the human mind at recalling details of situations like that, and how much things get distorted over such a short period of time.

Wasn't a missing wartime Lancaster bomber found on the moon? I read an article about it in the Sunday Star when that first came out..... :lol:

My favourite conspiracy thing was the President Kennedy assassination in Dallas. I am absolutely certain that we will never hear for sure if this was a set-up/inside job. But there are so many anomalies around this that the "official" story really don't hold water.

As far as 9/11 goes....why crash planes into the buildings if they are rigged with explosives to bring them down? A truck full of weedkiller and suger left outside (ala Docklands) would have been sufficient. I've seen programs about controlled demolitions and the amount of explosives and preparatory work that has to go in to bring down buildings a fraction of the size of the twin towers just makes this theory incredible (ie. lacking in credibility). Just MHO.... :wink:

Bob

And at no point has a building with a steel structure fallen down because of fire! Or fallen down in a perfectly controlled way at that speed with out the use of explosives.

And at no point has a building with a steel structure fallen down because of fire! Or fallen down in a perfectly controlled way at that speed with out the use of explosives.

Your kind of right after all a guided missile in the shape of a huge airliner is kind of a large explosive :roll:

The fact that emergency service personel entered means they didnt know or believe the building would fall.

The structual damage done by the impact and the heat of burning jet fuel weakend the structure and the weight of the upper floors did the rest.

Your kind of right after all a guided missile in the shape of a huge airliner is kind of a large explosive :roll:

The fact that emergency service personel entered means they didnt know or believe the building would fall.

The structual damage done by the impact and the heat of burning jet fuel weakend the structure and the weight of the upper floors did the rest.

Thank god somebody pointed out the obvious :shock:

The energy of a plane hitting a building filled with fuel and weighing in at however many tonnes tore through the building... No material on Earth can withstand the amount of energy that had to be displaced like that! :shock:

You dont have to burn through the steel... You just need to hit it hard enough and heat it up enough that it buckles, bends and then breaks under its own weight... Hence the towers fell from the top down.

The windows blowing out was caused by the enormous force of the floors caving in forcing the windows the blow throwing out debris and even people...

Let them RIP rather than spit in the face of their relatives with the BS. We'll find out in 50 years or so when the files are released.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JJje35GYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZHB399SGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The rise of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories and general nonsense is well documented in these two and other books. Science has been pushed aside as people with little to training spout forth particularly on the internet. Here is a proper study of the collapse of the Trade Towers at 9/11

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... ws/1227842

and I wish science would fight back more, particularly against conspiracy theories. Such theories rely on coincidences, tenuous links, non sequiturs and lack corroboration and cannot be tested. Conspiracy theorists want to avoid testing as it usually shows them up as frauds.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JJje35GYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZHB399SGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The rise of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories and general nonsense is well documented in these two and other books. Science has been pushed aside as people with little to training spout forth particularly on the internet. Here is a proper study of the collapse of the Trade Towers at 9/11

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... ws/1227842

and I wish science would fight back more, particularly against conspiracy theories. Such theories rely on coincidences, tenuous links, non sequiturs and lack corroboration and cannot be tested. Conspiracy theorists want to avoid testing as it usually shows them up as frauds.

I've read the Ween one, a good book. Not read Shermer although he always comes over brilliantly in interviews.

I would also recommend Bad Science by Ben Goldacre.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41t7xMPK%2B6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and his webiste here

http://www.badscience.net/

This also tackles the main recent conspiracies

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512lW9jV3oL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

to the point I feel embarrassed for those who do believe in the conspiracies.

The energy of a plane hitting a building filled with fuel and weighing in at however many tonnes tore through the building... No material on Earth can withstand the amount of energy that had to be displaced like that! :shock:

Just worked it out. The Kinetic energy transferred into the building on impact was roughly Five Billion Newtons of force. (a little less accounting for any mass that was fired straight through, any converted to the massive sound etc) For reference 1 Newton is about the force it takes to lift a small apple up through around 1 metre.

38,000kg fuel

80,000kg weight.

118,000kg

Ek = 1/2mv^2

V= 208mp/s

208^2

43264 x 118,000 = 5,105,152,000N

Very very few things could withstand that.