Meet the Shandy Drinkers - 12th April

If it rains, I'll take you up in the car lol.

How will ya get your bike there?? :lol: And I'm guessing it'd get cancelled anyway if it rains.......

Indeed.

You could hitch a ride though with enough people going...

I feel bad/like an annoying tag-along having to rely on others, would likely be scared shitless riding pillion with peeps riding in a more...spirited way shall we say :lol: ...but would be well up for it :mrgreen: . I could take lotsa pics again!!!!

I feel bad/like an annoying tag-along having to rely on others, would likely be scared shitless riding pillion with peeps riding in a more...spirited way shall we say :lol: ...but would be well up for it :mrgreen: . I could take lotsa pics again!!!! [/color]

I've done this route many times so if we can have another volunteer, I'm happy to share the pillion duties and will ride appropriately if so. Keen to have a decent ride for half the ride though :mrgreen:

Think i'll probably be in, who's going over from the Beds area?

We're gonna head down from Huntingdon.......so we could meet up somewhere nearby and head down together...... 8-)

If you're all hanging round chatting for a while at the meeting point I could get the train or something. Would just like to see you all and have a catch up, see some bikes and get all excited! - and see some of the lovely Cambridge peeps too - really miss Tango, Bonniebird and co 8-) [/color]

Would be really nice to see you again Moo....... 8-)

I've done this route many times so if we can have another volunteer, I'm happy to share the pillion duties and will ride appropriately if so. Keen to have a decent ride for half the ride though :mrgreen:

Yay! :mrgreen:

Would be really nice to see you again Moo....... 8-)

More yay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is Bonnie coming too? 8-)

It's going to be a "see how I feel on the night" sort of thing but I may come along.

Losing enthusiasm is a mild term for what has gone on, I more feel like "if that bike wasn't useful for taking me to work I'd sell it". :shock:

Lot of things really, was taught on roads in the north and had Wales on my doorstep, then moved down to London where even the better surrounding roads are fairly boring by comparison. Then I've had bikes nicked, damaged, crashed into etc and now riding them, even quickly doesn't get much of a response from me. Wiping off chicken strips is now "just something I can do". So I think to sum up, I'm just bored of biking and the thefts/crashes haven't helped!

But I like seeing peeps so may ride along for the meet up :thumb:

It can't have gone that much mate - you're still on the forum talking about bikes all the time! Gone completely, we wouldn't see you!

You need to just come along and get involved with like minded fellows ;)

There's a good bunch going so will be a decent day. You should come!

It can't have gone that much mate - you're still on the forum talking about bikes all the time! Gone completely, we wouldn't see you!

You need to just come along and get involved with like minded fellows ;)

There's a good bunch going so will be a decent day. You should come!

I may do, can do the meet and greet part but probably not the ride up.

I still like bikes and fixing them... Just riding them I find fairly boring!

Moo can only do a max of an hour or so on the back of the bike due to a knee problem flaring up when she keeps it bent in the pillion position for too long. So, can likely meet up with people on route and head there. But the ride up to Haverhill will possibly be a bit much, unless she gets the train there first, which would be a faff!

Moo can only do a max of an hour or so on the back of the bike due to a knee problem flaring up when she keeps it bent in the pillion position for too long. So, can likely meet up with people on route and head there. But the ride up to Haverhill will possibly be a bit much, unless she gets the train there first, which would be a faff!

I think I tense my legs up too much sometimes - and long straight motorway rides are mega painful as there is little opportunity to shuffle and literally stuck in the same position the whole time - and my knees were verrry cramped (aware they will be on an R1 too!). With a decent stop off after an hour or 2 max I'll be be fine...I'm willing to suffer a bit for some bikey funtime! :mrgreen: I was ok on the last rideout after all, was sore after but not in tears like going Oop Norf on the motorway. Worst case scenario I can always get a train home :lol: .

I'm happy to get the train to where you're all meeting/somewhere to easily meet Phil if Fozzles doesn't wanna join.

I honestly don't mind you not going lovely, I understand :love: ...I was there when I saw your heart break when the RR wasn't next to Ermintrude anymore, I changed your bandages and watched you hobble and lose interest after the accident and I know you're not enjoying it as nearly as much as before. All you used to do is talk about bikes, now hardly ever. You were always at The Oval working on the RR and SV now been once in maybe a year? Although I do reckon when the weather improves and all the bikes are out you'll be a keen bean again 8-) x

Also moo if you want to be my next victim as a pillion feel free. :twisted:

I may take you up on that! Did you end up taking a pillion in the end then? :mrgreen: If not I don't mind being the first victim :mrgreen: .

We're gonna head down from Huntingdon.......so we could meet up somewhere nearby and head down together...... 8-)

yeah, would be happy to meet on the A1 somewhere?

I'll be popping along with Kieran in tow.

Yes indeed :cheers: will have to sort a meet point nearer the time :D

Prob best meet at the usual spot i guess? Easy to find each other then and grab fuel if needed haha

Also moo if you want to be my next victim as a pillion feel free. :twisted:

I may take you up on that! Did you end up taking a pillion in the end then? :mrgreen: If not I don't mind being the first victim :mrgreen: .

I haven't as of yet, Hoping to this wednesday but we will see!! Might be good actually have a pillion who knows how to pillion haha.

yeah, would be happy to meet on the A1 somewhere?

Might be picking up Rant Machine from Cambridge mate......so, if you fancy meeting somewhere near Wyboston and then heading over that way? Then we could probably run down Phil's route to the meeting place..... 8-)

Prob best meet at the usual spot i guess? Easy to find each other then and grab fuel if needed haha

Sounds good to me mate. Reckon I probably will top up with fuel to be on the safe side.

Sounds good to me mate. Reckon I probably will top up with fuel to be on the safe side.

Where is this "usual place"?

Looks like I might be moving house a bit sooner than I had anticipated so this could be a go-er for me. :-)

Ah well kd79 comes down from ipswich and meets me at my A12 slip road at sainsburys in tollgate. Then it's just a case of straight onto the A12 and down to chelmsford

As mentioned in the other thread (this is confusing...), probably won't tag along unless my knee is behaving itself by then.

Just saw your "Bikes" on your profile.. Sorry to say i did chortle a little..

Hope knee is better! We need to meet someday to rant about chinese bikes! Maybe someone has a side car?

Maybe someone has a side car?

Someone has a trailer don't they?

Maybe we can have a list of RV points closer to the time to sort out the who/where situation.