UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

Unfortunately there seems only to be one tag near me - Berkhampstead Castle. There seems to be a massive between Oxford, Leicester and Cambridge. Ah well, going to have to put a lot of mileage in next year! :)

I don't know - I spend many weeks researching the 'tags' and I get them out on NYE and people still complain!

Tea shops? What kind of motorcyclist are you? Next thing you know, someone will want 'quilting groups'!

At least the ladies are 'real' biker's and have 'promised' to get higher scores this year. :booty:

You may find that most of the castles are just a few scattered stones but, more than likely, there will be a mobile tea and burger van nearby (if not a pub).

Anyhoo - Get out and explore Great Britain (before we become an American State); enjoy the scenery, accept the 'challenge' and embrace the British history. Yes there will be single-track roads, green lanes and even gravel to cope with and, for those that must, there are always motorways!

Hope you all have a great 2016 - See you at T'Rally.

:cheers:

I don't know - I spend many weeks researching the 'tags' and I get them out on NYE and people still complain!

Tea shops? What kind of motorcyclist are you? Next thing you know, someone will want 'quilting groups'!

I'm trying to immerse myself in this national trust / cultural thing we have going on here.. And I'm more of a crochet fan. Quilting.. Honestly! :roll:

Cheers for doing this GOG, should be fun and encourage me to see a bit of the country. I really like the Google maps thing, that's quality.

Sorry GOG I didn't mean to come across all moany, i appreciate the effort you've gone to getting this all set up! I'm looking forward to getting out and grabbing some tags. I like the fact that the theme for this year has moved away from Cafés :)

Nice one GOG.....Thanks for all the hard work you've put in organising this....... :cheers:

Just to point out that the tags are really about getting out on the bike and exploring new roads......having a place to aim for and enjoying the ride getting there..... 8-) You don't actually need to pay to get into the places.....A pic of your tag by the entrance sign of the destination is proof enough..... 8-)

Go get 'em, guys....... :cheers:

Love castles! Might get our money's worth out of the National Trust/ English Heritage cards this year.

Shame I can't ride yet or I'd be off to do the pubs

[attachment=0]il_fullxfull.384337535_lg5e.jpg[/attachment]

Now that's what I call crochet!

Thanks all - have a great time getting these 'Tags'.

No extra points for getting the bike on the ramparts!! :shock: However, hoisting a TMBF 'flag' up the flagpole might gain you a few points (delivered in person from one of Her Majesty's finest police officers!).

Congrats to the first to post a 'tag'. Weather dependent, I'll get a few this weekend.

:cheers:

Thanks for the hard work involved with this "hunt". my first year at it and was a good incentive to get out while the OH was doing other things. Warwick castle was open but :lol: i did not try the tea shoppe.

Edited by JRH

I'm plotting routes! As there's nothing in London (not a moan looking forward to getting out of the place for a ride or five!) Think I'll need to make a day of it and try get a couple. Just need to work on my sense of direction... or gaffa tape my car tom tom to the bike... :lol:

Thanks for the hard work involved with this "hunt". my first year at it and was a good incentive to get out while the OH was doing other things. Warwick castle was open but :lol: i did not try the tea shoppe.

Great start JRH, I didn't have time for the local boozers today but will mop them up at some point.....

Great start JRH, I didn't have time for the local boozers today but will mop them up at some point.....

Thanks CB999. The royal oak and white horse are close to warwick castle and the barley mow in Rugby, so a nice ride out. But a bit slippy in some places.

A pic of your tag by the entrance sign of the destination is proof enough..... 8-)

Go get 'em, guys....... :cheers:

Does that mean the Castle only needs to be in the background so when I start my deteriorating circles to the entrance I can stop where said landmark is identifiable and in shot?

Thanks GOG seems there is more miles to do this year and maybe a camping trip to get a decent score...

A couple of observation not complaint the links from the photo thread could do with correcting...

There is one near me that you can't get to so you have to get it from the road or the gate to it

Oh and you will actually struggle to see a castle too as it's long gone and is just a mound

I can't find the thread that has the map of the points anywhere.

It's on the first post in the Challenge 100 Pictures thread Deso......there's a link 3/4 down the post.... 8-)

Here's the thread mate.... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59113

I've added your Tag number to the list too..... :wink: