Carrying a heavy passenger

I weight 88kg (85 around the time of a competition), my lass weighs about 75kg. Once I'm comfortable with the bike, is this going to be an issue? Most online places I read say passengers should be way lighter than the rider.

With my experience I wouldn't carry anyone who is more than a stone over my weight..

I have never had a problem with people lighter than me though as it just feel like a topbox etc. I spent soo much time with my best mate as my pillion as he's only 10st and I barely noticed. :D

I will say though, knowing tips for being a 'good pillion' are crucial!!

Should not be a problem it's all about building confidence in yourself and passenger. Also a lot depend on the bike your using, From the bikes point of view make sure the tyres and suspension is set up correctly. From a riders point of view make sure that your passenger understands what your doing and what's required of them. Give them something to hold on to and make sure that there comfy relaxed and fully kitted out. Try and do all your slow speed movements ie turning around on your own, then let the passenger get on board. Acceleration, braking and turning you need to give extra consideration to the bike and passenger. As said, it takes time for both of you to get use to things, don't be going scaring the life out of each other enjoy.

I had super light passengers that felt like unbalanced heavy potato bags and heavier people than me I barely felt sitting behind.

Experience tells me that the passenger behavior and positioning is key, probably more than their weight.

pit

I'd be more concerned about posting your lasses weight on Internet. ..

I wondered how long it'd take, I'm surprised it took this long :P

Nah she doesn't care about her weight, she understands weight is just a number that's due to gravity (lol) and as long as she looks good she's happy.

Damn! You're lady sounds awesome :D

Fair play to her! Hope to see you both at a future meet

As long as you don't live at either ends of the U.K. then I'm sure we will [emoji4]

Luckily she's into her Olympic weightlifting (that's how we met, I'm a coach) so she gets weight is just a number.

The brakes and handling on the TT600 are both good......and the bike is pretty light too.......so you shouldn't have any trouble. .......just add a bit more braking distance when you're 2 up.......and keep the ride as smooth as you can...... 8-)

First time I took a passenger it was my son. I weigh 8 stone and my son weighs 12 stone and is also a little taller than me. i gave him the instructions on how to behave on the back and we rode around 100 miles with him. I found it different due to braking being slower with the extra weight and just made sure I was more gentle on the controls like acceleration and stopping. Both feet down when stopped and it was fine......he loved it too. :D

10 days and 2200 miles

I was an experience but I wont do that sort of mileage again in that many days

I would rather do less and stay a few nights in the same place!

we stayed at a new hotel every night