Nearly Spring!!

Spring is sprung,

the grass is ris,

I wonder where the birdies is?

How're you doing Jayne?

Last summer we were mainly frequenting The White Swan in Conington on Tuesday evenings. .....even saw you down there a couple of times..... 8-) I'm guessing they're still doing the bike nights down there.......so we'll probably check it out around Easter time......we'll let you know...... 8-)

I want to setup something like the ancients Egyptians had, that on a certain day every year the planets align and the suns rays beam through a hole in my garage roof and illuminates my bike with its magical golden glow... That will mark the first day of biking season..

I want to setup something like the ancients Egyptians had, that on a certain day every year the planets align and the suns rays beam through a hole in my garage roof and illuminates my bike with its magical golden glow... That will mark the first day of biking season..

Wasn't that Indiana Jones?

Anyway, Brunel did something similar with Box Tunnel.

Spring is sprung,

the grass is ris,

I wonder where the birdies is?

How're you doing Jayne?

Last summer we were mainly frequenting The White Swan in Conington on Tuesday evenings. .....even saw you down there a couple of times..... 8-) I'm guessing they're still doing the bike nights down there.......so we'll probably check it out around Easter time......we'll let you know...... 8-)

Hellooooo

Yes I'll be there :D can't wait!!

Yea mean you guys aren't already out!?

Everyone will tell you (repeatedly) that you'll get bored of riding in crap weather... Personally I think it's a mindset thing. I gave the whole Fairweather Rider thing a try last year and for me it was boring as hell :lol:

But I can see why it appeals for some, certainly lets you focus more on your riding technique without all the extra variables at play, and it's better for the condition of the bike, and safer in some regards, but for the longer rides that I enjoy it all felt pretty arbitrary and dull. Crossing the country on a sunny day on my BMW wasn't much different to doing the journey on a train :roll:

(Hence my choice of new bike; I like making things hard for myself :lol: My ride back from the dealership yesterday was in some pretty horrible weather, but I loved everything about it save for the numb hands - I'll admit that heated grip or hand guards are a must in crap weather if you don't have a massive fairing)

Yea mean you guys aren't already out!?

Everyone will tell you (repeatedly) that you'll get bored of riding in crap weather... Personally I think it's a mindset thing. I gave the whole Fairweather Rider thing a try last year and for me it was boring as hell :lol:

But I can see why it appeals for some, certainly lets you focus more on your riding technique without all the extra variables at play, and it's better for the condition of the bike, and safer in some regards, but for the longer rides that I enjoy it all felt pretty arbitrary and dull. Crossing the country on a sunny day on my BMW wasn't much different to doing the journey on a train :roll:

(Hence my choice of new bike; I like making things hard for myself :lol: My ride back from the dealership yesterday was in some pretty horrible weather, but I loved everything about it save for the numb hands - I'll admit that heated grip or hand guards are a must in crap weather if you don't have a massive fairing)

I'm glad you said that because I've bought the bike mainly as a year-round commuter (albeit not snow/ice).

I don't commute by bike on a Monday to Thursday (except on special occasions), but I have Friday Rideday and I don't miss that unless the bike has blown up :lol:

Friday Rideday is also important because none of my local shops sell decent spirits and I'm too lazy to walk across town to the big supermarket :P

I don't commute by bike on a Monday to Thursday (except on special occasions), but I have Friday Rideday and I don't miss that unless the bike has blown up :lol:

Friday Rideday is also important because none of my local shops sell decent spirits and I'm too lazy to walk across town to the big supermarket :P

SO first friday ride day in a while for you? :D :up: :up: :up:

We normally just meet and have a chat......and a soft drink......and a burger.... :wink:

nice one, is the food good?

what time normally you meet?

They normally have a BBQ going in the warmer weather.....food's been good so far... 8-) Depending on work, we normally get there 6:30-7:00pm......but bikes are coming and going all the time..... 8-) Be good to see you down there some time, mate..... 8-)