UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

Good 250 mile ride out today completing my local area.

This year is more challenging as access to the places arent always where the postcode denotes.

Roll on the warmer weather so I can load up my camping gear and get a few weekend rides in :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my first few in the bag today, and learnt a useful lesson in the process: planning a route is all very well, but it really helps to write a list of where you're planning to go too. Thanks to a little sat nav confusion and not remembering the names on any of the pubs I was aiming for, I managed two stops at the wrong damn pubs! :oops: :roll:

Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time. :)

First ride out having relocated to Norfolk 8-)

a very nice and sunny Sunday here, so another bunch of local tags done, still a bit cold for a long ride.

Also i should be able to offer an overnight accommodation (for a pint or five 8-) ) for those trying to complete local tags. Get in touch if interested

Nice but cold ride out to Berkhamstead castle. Met up with Hoggs hoggs'sOH and Wrenchmonkey. Good lunch. Coffee at Ace. Then ride back to Warwickshire via Bicester for the black bull. Good day out

Updated Map Listing (added a few Post Codes and corrected a couple of spelling errors). Don't forget, if the 'Tag' is difficult to get to for a picture, then the sign with the tag name on it is OK.

NB. Orford Castle is at the end of a good biking road!

:cheers:

got one on the board planning do do most of the others over the next month or so in south east working out routes for east kent, sussex and then surrey to make it possible in one day per area.

anyone wannna join me post here http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=59824&p=928730#p928730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what a cr*p weather in wales over the weekend!

Friday was perfect, sunny and warm, however things have changed on Saturday. raining as hell, got completely soaked by midday, i mean completely. My mobile phone could not handle that level of abuse and died due to suspected water damage with all the pics on it! :evil: :evil: :evil: so looks like i am up for another trip to north wales if i can't recover the phone memory

asked a stranger to take a pic of me and Aberystwyth and at Argos at 10am on sunday for a cheap photo camera.

Sunday went a bit better, got soaked only by 4 pm, so that's a bonus.

As soon as i left wales and entered england on monday the sun came out.

wish i'd stayed at home this weekend really :)

cheers to everyone who survived :cheers:

will be uploading pics later

Finally under way but I can never seem to remember how to put pics on. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

EDIT- I've found out how but now find files are too big. I shall reduce them and post them a bit later

• 2 weeks later...

The 'Groups' are simply that - groups of 'tags' more or less grouped in the same geographical area.

If you follow the link to the map, all the tags (apart from the Pubs which are your choice as to where you go for them) are listed in groups and identified by different coloured 'pins' on the map.

You score 10 points per tag and a 'bonus' of 50 points when you complete a 'group' - So each 'group' (including Pubs) is worth 150 points.

Simples!

:cheers: