Filtering + mod2

What is expectation on filtering in mod2 more to the point would it be a minor if you didn't filter when you could?

It's one thing I am still really struggling with everything else is coming together great and laugh at things I found difficult a couple of months ago but few times I have tried filtering my nerves kick in and I'm very wobbly yet it is hard to practice as in an empty space i can ride slow and straight fine add cars and it goes to hell.

Don't really know how to tackle this other than experience but it's definitely hardest challenge so far as I can't practice without the risk of other vehicles.

I didn't filter when i did my test, mainly as examiner sat in a volvo because it was raining heavy....

But i played it safe on first one i failed the u turn on

I didn't filter at all neither when training not during the test. While it wasn't central London there were likely to be situations to do it, however the test route didn't have any chances.

My trainer suggested than in central London for example it was needed and expected as part of "making good progress".

I guess it depends entirely on where and when you're being tested. That said I think it's worth getting the hang of it, since it's very handy.

Sent from my phone.

Cheers, definitely agree no-one wants to sit on traffic but more worried I end up doing it because I feel I have to and side swipe someone... Which would probably mess up test lol

I had my Mod2 in Farnborough at 9am on a Wednesday morning. I hadn't been advised on filtering with regard to the test (I had been filtering on my London commute on my 125 otherwise it takes hours).

Unless you are doing your test in central London at 8am, I shouldn't think you would need to filter. I hit some rush hour stuff around a train station, I just sat patiently (I didn't know the area so was not going to go around a bus to find a junction was in front of him!) the examiner sat on my rear wheel. I only got a two minors, one for pulling off a seventy mph into what looked like a tiny road so I went for 30, I should have been doing 50 apparently, but hey that was a minor, if it had been 30 and I had gone sailing down there at 50 it would have been a fail! The other was for stalling once in an empty street doing my park in front of a car manoeuvre.

The general rule is if you don't feel safe, then don't do it! If I have some numpty on a car licence on one of those MP3 things roaring behind me, I tuck in, let them go and just hope they aren't causing an accident up ahead that I will have to get around.

When you get through your test Ride within your ability. You want to get there safe and in one piece, to hell with anyone else! :D

Best of luck!

I didn't get any instruction on filtering during my training, the school I was at was pretty good, if they thought it was going to matter on a test i'm pretty confident they would have trained me on it. Couldn't speak for whether the situation is different in your area though.

My instructor told me that you don't have to filter so don't. If you filter it's one more thing you can do wrong and get a fail for. Also sitting in traffic is a good way to waste 5 minutes of your test :thumb:

I was taught some filtering and was told i was expected to make progress where i could 'if' the examiner was on a bike. He wasnt so i didnt filter he asked me not to atthe start of the test because he knew that my instructor taught it.

My instructor told me that you don't have to filter so don't. If you filter it's one more thing you can do wrong and get a fail for. Also sitting in traffic is a good way to waste 5 minutes of your test :thumb:

My instructor told me the same thing :thumb:

My instructor told me the same thing :thumb:

I was told the same.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk