Show us your pets!

Westbeef

Here's one of our two cats, who unfortunately snuffed it earlier this year. Even more unfortunately, the other one didn't. :D

Poor taste i know and apologise BUT .....

Deal or no deal ....

Whats in the box

I found a pair of teddybear eyes in a drawer that were salvaged from an old soft toy, and was going to place them in the ashes, draw a smiley face underneath and photograph it for this post, but my wife thought it would traumatise the kids. :D

Yup, female ginger cats are rarer than male ginger cats. It's about genetics, females need two copies of the "ginger gene" to be ginger (otherwise they are tortoiseshell or calico) where as males only need one copy to be ginger.

This is also why tortoiseshell/calico male's are even rarer than ginger females.

(I love genetics...)

Yup, female ginger cats are rarer than male ginger cats. It's about genetics, females need two copies of the "ginger gene" to be ginger (otherwise they are tortoiseshell or calico) where as males only need one copy to be ginger.

This is also why tortoiseshell/calico male's are even rarer than ginger females.

(I love genetics...)

I've heard ginger pussies smell more than other pussies is that down to genetics ?

(I love genetics...)

I've heard ginger pussies smell more than other pussies is that down to genetics ?

Nope. Personal hygiene.

(I love genetics...)

Nope. Personal hygiene.

Oh right , gingers don't use soap you mean , like Harley riders then .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing exotic here I'm afraid, although the mrs wants a snake. Got the vivarium already but not the snake. Currently just two cats, brother and sister. The boy is a monster, the girl is tiny.

We have two cats as well - brother and sister, also a monster and tiny respectively. Archie, the boy, is something of an idiot, and Jules is the only one who appears able to hunt. She's brought us a few birds and mice in the last year or so, but Archie's greatest achievement to date is half, yes half, an earthworm.

I would post photos, but on the few occasions I bother trying, they're never very obliging!

We have two cats as well - brother and sister, also a monster and tiny respectively. Archie, the boy, is something of an idiot, and Jules is the only one who appears able to hunt. She's brought us a few birds and mice in the last year or so, but Archie's greatest achievement to date is half, yes half, an earthworm.

I would post photos, but on the few occasions I bother trying, they're never very obliging!

Sounds similar to mine, Shadow and Misty. Both are really friendly but shadow is a bit dim and clumsy. Misty is a sneaky one. She is quite successful in her hunts despite her little bell. Shadow doesn't seem to be manage much although I did catch him with his jaws around a huge wood pigeon once! Made a nice dinner...