Not guilty

Throttled

Different situation, but I was suspended from a teaching job following an allegation of physical assault based solely on the complaint of a child. Despite apparent witness statements supporting me I was given no details for six months. Only then was I told what the actual complaint was. He claimed I dragged him through the school by his hair. I laughed.

"Why," asked the interviewing officer, "was (I) laughing?"

"...Because he has a f@&£;:g shaved head!"

It was six months of hell. Colleagues were banned from talking to me, people in the village shunned me, they were all told 'assault' and left to let their imaginations run riot. My lad was a toddler at the time - suddenly he was not invited anywhere. My wife was isolated with our freshly born girl by other mums at the group.

The whole experience has left me risk averse when it comes to people, a pretty confirmed misanthropic soul.

You have my sympathies, it was deeply unfair to put you through that. Well done you for the outcome.

Really pleased that the matter is now over for you. Unfortunately it seems to be the way the job is going these days.

My best mate 6 months before he retired went to help a young WPC who had been in the job 12 months and was having with a mouthy yob. As he arrived, said yob kicked off so my mate restrained him until further help arrived. WPC was bricking it and refused to help even though she wanted assistance

Yob was not hurt, but he made a complaint of assault against my mate. Said WPC said that my mate was a bit rough with the prisoner and went over the top so both the yob and my mate were arrested.

Anyway, long story short, my mate was charged with assault and suspended from duty. He was told not to worry because he only used reasonable force to restrain but in any case it would never get to court.

Guess what? It went to court, my mate was convicted and was given a 12 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years :x

He was told that if he appealed his penalty would be increased.

Anyway, he was dismissed from the service and he could not collect his pension until he got to age 55 (he was 48 at the time) so he left a very bitter goy and I don't blame him as he was always the one person I would want backing me up in a scrap.

Apparently some months later, the WPC who started all the issues put out a call for ugent assistance, Nobody turned up :D

The story is more involved, but it gives an indication of what the job s coming to and so I can appreciate the situation that Throttled has been through.

Makes me glad that I am out of the job though.

Said mate is still my best mate who I have known for 40 plus years and was my best man and is godfather to my daughter, but I have never seen anyone become so anti Police as quickly as he has, and I am not particularly pro Police myself these days.

Different situation, but I was suspended from a teaching job following an allegation of physical assault based solely on the complaint of a child. Despite apparent witness statements supporting me I was given no details for six months.......

I was transfered to a non public facing role because I was told I was considered to be a risk to the public :shock:

Hope yours worked out fine.

Makes me glad that I am out of the job though.

Said mate is still my best mate who I have known for 40 plus years and was my best man and is godfather to my daughter, but I have never seen anyone become so anti Police as quickly as he has, and I am not particularly pro Police myself these days.

I was so glad that I was left on the pension scheme I joined with and could bail out when I turned 50. I crept back into work one evening when no one else was about, filled out the required form and left it with a sick line, my keys, uniform and warrant card on a desk. When I told a GP what had happened he kindly wrote me out a sick line to cover the 28 days notice I was required to give.

There are good cops out there, there are about half a dozen I will keep in touch with. But there are many more awful ones who are lazy and either cannot or will not follow correct procedure. I used to be considered a stickler for procedure, but I never did a half arsed enquiry that ruined an obviously innocent person.

My family were very pro-police, not any more.

Good result, there's still some common sense around thank the lord! It seems you dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. I've just lost a friend through suicide. I would of done anything to him for him to be here today.

I was so glad that I was left on the pension scheme I joined with and could bail out when I turned 50.

One of the benefits I had of coming out on a medical, I got full pension index linked.

That maybe worth you pursuing.....

Federation always made it clear that if you left the job with any injury, dissability or illness as a result of the job, you are entitles to the injury portion of the pension.

My father tried it 8 or 9 years after he retired for a knackered collar bone he sustained in a crash on a job bike and got his injury portion back dates which amounted to a lump sum of about £20K plus another £7 or £8K a year on top of his retirement pension.

The stress that you have had to go through in respect of incident on a personal level may well qualifiy.

In respect of keeping in touch, I guess I am fortunate that I retired before the ar*eholes started running things and the guys I served with on Traffic who themselves were top guys and professional are themselves retired now, but when we meet up at funerals, it s like a family reunion and we spend a lot of time wondering if we would survive in this day and age as the way we did things was very different but the job got done.

These days, the current mob ( Mr Brightside excepted) don't seem to have a clue.

Good result, there's still some common sense around thank the lord! It seems you dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. I've just lost a friend through suicide. I would of done anything to him for him to be here today.

That's what is frightening. I would always go straight into a cell and act and I am now out of the job. The two custody officers who decided what I did was wrong are still there.

• 1 month later...

The first two of those I am complaining about have now been officially informed of my complaint and will be served disciplinary notices for bring the job into disrepute. They have been caught on CCTV and making claims in open court, so neither can deny they did what they did.

I was somewhat taken a back (a polite way of saying I was shouting and swearing down the phone, yes really) when I was informed that my complaint about the way the allegation of assault was investigated had been allocated to one of the people I was complaining about. They got my point that was wholly f**king inappropriate and unprofessional. The last update was they have not yet found anyone prepared to take on the complaint :roll:

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/56/revenge-is-a-dish-that-tastes-best-when-served-cold.jpg

The first two of those I am complaining about have now been officially informed of my complaint and will be served disciplinary notices for bring the job into disrepute. They have been caught on CCTV and making claims in open court, so neither can deny they did what they did.

I was somewhat taken a back (a polite way of saying I was shouting and swearing down the phone, yes really) when I was informed that my complaint about the way the allegation of assault was investigated had been allocated to one of the people I was complaining about. They got my point that was wholly f**king inappropriate and unprofessional. The last update was they have not yet found anyone prepared to take on the complaint :roll:

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/56/revenge-is-a-dish-that-tastes-best-when-served-cold.jpg

Are they really even allowed to try this? There really should be an outside body who deals with complaints like this, it all sounds bloody awful mate! I hope you get sorted soon and they get what they deserve!

He is the subject of one of my complaints. I cannot decide if I should go for neglect of duty which is in the police regulations, or cowardice, which is not, but it is what he is.

Surely if the guy died as the custody sergeant it would fall at his feet?

They get a chance to investigate themselves and if I am not happy with the result I can refer them to the Police Independent Review Commission. The sheriff said in his verdict that of course I had to act as the consequences of not acting would be far worse.

The sheriff said in his verdict that of course I had to act as the consequences of not acting would be far worse.

Sheriff sounds like the only other sensible person in this whole fiasco. :roll:

What you saying about poor old throttled :mrgreen:

The sheriff said in his verdict that of course I had to act as the consequences of not acting would be far worse.

Sheriff sounds like the only other sensible person in this whole fiasco. :roll:

What you saying about poor old throttled :mrgreen:

That he is the other sensible person.

An Inspector came round today and took a statement off me. At the end he read out how the complaints against the two civilian turnkeys are to be worded. Both started out with the word "alleged". After I pointed out that one incident is on CCTV and the other was recorded as the person was giving evidence in court and it is also in his statement, so the word "alleged" has been removed :roll:

My complaint about how the Crown Office investigated the criminal allegation against me has been returned by the Crown Office investigation team, whereby they have found themselves not guilty. I have pointed out, again, that they have not actually investigated what I have complained about, asserting what they did was fine is a logical fallacy and I can prove they did not investigate as per their own code of practice. I have also reported the Crown Office to the SPSO.

My complaint about the police investigated the criminal allegation against me is still waiting to be allocated to someone. For a reason I cannot fathom, NOT!, no one wants to take me on. They will have to at some point and that person will be my new favourite chew toy :D

My complaint about Police Scotland HR for tampering with my personnel file is still with the ICO.

I just want them to know that they picked on the wrong person.