Watch your Back!

XTreme

While everybody was arguing about Brexit or worrying about Trump.......more of your rights were taken away!

This week a law was passed that silently rips privacy from the modern world. It’s called the Investigatory Powers Act.

Under the guise of counter-terrorism, the British state has achieved totalitarian-style surveillance powers – the most intrusive system of any democracy in history. It now has the ability to indiscriminately hack, intercept, record, and monitor the communications and internet use of the entire population.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/snoopers-charter-theresa-may-online-privacy-investigatory-powers-act-a7426461.html

Rock and hard place.

Takes our rights away / helps protect us from attack.

Bearing in mind we're probably #2 on the world terrorists shit list behind the US; the only reason we have such a low rate of organised terrorist attacks similar to what we've seen in Europe over the recent past is because of successful surveillance and foiled attacks. At least that's what the government (that we elected) claim.

Where do we draw the line between intrusive intelligence and hanging our authorities out to dry if an attack actually gets through?

Biggest protection we have against such intrusion is numbers. I hope they're watching my neighbour and not me, but frankly, I don't care because I'm not doing anything wrong anyway.

I have nothing to hide....

:stupid:

Clear as glass so I've got nothing to worry about. No doubt the authorities will once again loose the bottle to go and look under the right stones

It's ok. It's not like we are ISIS supporters who spend our free time buildings BOMBS and chatting about TERRORIST attacks...

Oh, have in just triggered their automated TERRORIST internet filter??

Big brother is watching.... :lol:

If "they" haven't sussed out by now that all my kitteh-hating messages are code to the rest of my cell then they never will.

Dog will destroy all kittehs, dog is great. Plus, I really do hate kittehs.

It's ok. It's not like we are ISIS supporters who spend our free time buildings BOMBS and chatting about TERRORIST attacks...

Oh, have in just triggered their automated TERRORIST internet filter??

Big brother is watching.... :lol:

:stupid:

Yay, free advertising

I'm not affected by this! But if I was they'd profile me as someone who continually updates everybody on the temperature of his nuts on any given day.

And they're a bit chilly today it has to be said! :(

It is not new, the act has simply been expanded

RIPA 2000 (Regulation of Investiagatory Powers Act 2000) has been around since, well 2000 :roll: and covers most aspects of compliance regarding investigations.

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear, so the comment "Watch your back" is a bit late and somewaht unfounded, As if anything it just ensures that privacy is maintained and that electronic gadgets cannot be hacked willy nilly.

They can have access to mine. May correct my at times poor spelling and grammar :roll: :wink:

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear....

They can have access to mine...

Yes that's true. I am a good citizen and I do not break the law whatsoever because being stupid is just acceptable.. However each time I am at the shop and seeing police officer I am instantly talking to myself "Sh*t :shock: Act natural, don't make an eye contact just keep shopping. You haven't steal anything you are innocent, please don't steal! " "I hope I paid for all my shopping but did she scan all my stuff properly if not :shock: it will "beep" at the gate oh God please help....don't beep, don't beep" :lol: I cannot help that feeling but I am questioning my innocent each time I see them at the shop.

When I am out on my bike and spot the police car my thoughts are "Oh F... now I done it. This is it. No licence, no bike, no life because they will lock me up"' hmmmmm But wait I haven't speed 8-) "Ok ok ok they maybe just checking me out, Is my insurance ok ??? Did I updated my new address..When my Mot runs out?? Is my bike illegal. It's my new exhaust isn't it :shock: Is my number plate got the right size etc etc etc"

So yeah not sure how some of you but no it's not the case of hiding something but being now told "I see You" just will cause more stress in my simple life only because i just do not believe I am that innocent but I am :D If that makes sense :?

And yeah they can have access to my emails/accounts. Because I don't. Remembering passwords are not my thing no matter how simple I try them to be (I have already requested password reminder/change on here and I only been here a week hahahahah) :crybaby:

Has anyone watched the Snowden documentary - Citizenfour? They UK are the worst country in the world for being "intrusive", however we seem quite safe from terror attacks as we stand compared to the rest of the world. I have nothing to hide and if someone wants to have a nosey at me then go for it.

However it shocked me a little from the documentary - just the amount of things that can actually be remotely accessed. Things that don't even need to be connected to the internet.

There's so much like this though..

While Trump was elected, Virgin won a massive contract with the NHS.. While Trump was moaning about a few people in a crowd booing his VP, he settled a Huge lawsuit against him that found his University fraudulent and corrupt. :roll:

While we worry over the Autumn statement, Trump is inviting foreign dignitaries to stay in his hotel, just down the road from the Whitehouse, while also stating he's not going to put his companies into a blind trust, insisting he can be both the president and a business man with no conflict of interest!

Welcome to politics and the media.. This just Is..

Edit: Jeez Christ someone pass me a tinfoil hat! I sound like a Loon..

And that's the worst bit about all of this. If you try to keep your finger on the pulse of what's going on, you start to sound like a madman. Cos this really is just all bollocks..

If you want to stay sane in the world of post-truth politics, "the pulse" isn't where you need to keep your finger. Your finger has far more important things to be doing.

http://pixdaus.com/files/items/pics/2/6/236206_327a8b356dc78df6979f1b4e6ecb0391_mdsq.jpg

Image disclaimer for the benefit of millennial idiots who voted for a dead gorilla in the presidential election:

Yes the monkey is funny. But that doesn't mean it's clever to base major life decisions around it.

I don't do politics very often!

especially on here! :lol:

But anyone who actually thinks that they understand what has been going on lately

is sadly deluded! :lol:

The "politicians" themselves haven't got a clue never mind the rest of us!

I shall just quietly retire to the bar! :lol: :cheers:

Just watching the news how money's going to be tight during a period of uncertainty and Britain will be in the red for a lot longer.... but the queen is taking 370 million of tax payers money to get her digs done up.. use your own money like the rest of us have to you doddery old Parasite .

I don't do politics very often!

It's taken me many years to wean myself off arguing about it. I now prefer the bar option too :cheers:

i thought politics was another word for arguing , yeh the bar option is a far better choice :cheers:

Just watching the news how money's going to be tight during a period of uncertainty and Britain will be in the red for a lot longer.... but the queen is taking 370 million of tax payers money to get her digs done up.. use your own money like the rest of us have to you doddery old Parasite .

I bet if you asked her, she would suggest that the place is sold and pulled down. She doesn't like the place, it is not hers to do wth as she pleases it is owned by the country, you and me.

So why should she have to pay for something that does not belong to her? She does not even get to keep the revenue that is brought in by the thousands of people trekking through her lounge and bedroom every day.

Apart from which, I would rather have the "Doddery old Parasite" as you put is as our head of state than some communist twat like Corbyn! :roll: That thought, or the thought of any politician for that matter being our head of state makes me want to :puke:

I bet if you asked her, she would suggest that the place is sold and pulled down. She doesn't like the place, it is not hers to do wth as she pleases it is owned by the country, you and me.

So why should she have to pay for something that does not belong to her? She does not even get to keep the revenue that is brought in by the thousands of people trekking through her lounge and bedroom every day.

Apart from which, I would rather have the "Doddery old Parasite" as you put is as our head of state than some communist twat like Corbyn! :roll: That thought, or the thought of any politician for that matter being our head of state makes me want to :puke:

She only allowed it open to the public to pay for repairs to Windsor castle when it caught fire cause of the uproar about the tax payer expected to pay for that, and it's only the state rooms that are open no one goes in her lounge and bedroom ( Lord Snowden's probably paid it a few late night visits though )

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear....

They can have access to mine...

Yes that's true. I am a good citizen and I do not break the law whatsoever because being stupid is just acceptable.. However each time I am at the shop and seeing police officer I am instantly talking to myself "Sh*t :shock: Act natural, don't make an eye contact just keep shopping. You haven't steal anything you are innocent, please don't steal! " "I hope I paid for all my shopping but did she scan all my stuff properly if not :shock: it will "beep" at the gate oh God please help....don't beep, don't beep" :lol: I cannot help that feeling but I am questioning my innocent each time I see them at the shop.

When I am out on my bike and spot the police car my thoughts are "Oh F... now I done it. This is it. No licence, no bike, no life because they will lock me up"' hmmmmm But wait I haven't speed 8-) "Ok ok ok they maybe just checking me out, Is my insurance ok ??? Did I updated my new address..When my Mot runs out?? Is my bike illegal. It's my new exhaust isn't it :shock: Is my number plate got the right size etc etc etc"

So yeah not sure how some of you but no it's not the case of hiding something but being now told "I see You" just will cause more stress in my simple life only because i just do not believe I am that innocent but I am :D If that makes sense :?

And yeah they can have access to my emails/accounts. Because I don't. Remembering passwords are not my thing no matter how simple I try them to be (I have already requested password reminder/change on here and I only been here a week hahahahah) :crybaby:

Fooking hell , your paranoid , lay off the puff women :D