Anyone use heated gloves?

I'm torn between the Oxford Hot Gloves and the RST Thermotech

- The Oxford gloves are hard-wired BUT are apparently stupidly warm and warm the whole hand

- The RST gloves are battery (rechargeable) powered for freedom BUT apparently only heat the back of the hand

:tumble: :popcorn:

One of the guys I work with bought heated gloves a few years ago. Since then he's got a different bike with hatred grips and swears by the grips over the gloves.

Dunno if that helps, but he says he'll never buy heated gloves again and will always go for grips instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heated grips, but when it's cold (like below 3 C), my thumbs and tips of my fingers get really cold on my 1 hour commute. If I turn the grips up higher, my palms get too hot. So I've been thinking about heated gloves too.

I have some Oxford grips on my commuter bike and I find them brilliant, takes about ten minutes to warm up through my winter gloves but my tips are still cold until after about 20-25 minutes my hands are nice and warm, that's even in minus 5 for my 45 minute commute in Glasgow [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a long cold ride on a bike with heated grips and just got warm palms: most of my hands were still freezing. So I bought the Gerbing heated jacket and gloves after a particularly chilly trip to Paris a couple of winters ago, and as soon as I got it wired in I went on to make the trip to Holland below: snow and sub-zero temperatures, and I was toasty warm the whole way there and back.

My only complaint is it's made me a bit soft. :D

IMG_0827.thumb.JPG.9fa2ee6b8f408379a2e2d57a3de0e609.JPG

Put me down for some hatred grips! :lol:

Didn't buy bar muffs in the end, just couldn't deal with the indignity of it. They really do make them look SO crap... Plus I'm not sure they'd fit over my knuckle guards.

I'll probably bodge something for the longer rides I have over the next few weeks. Cable ties and milk cartons aplenty :lol:

Now the bikes all sorted in really temped to get the wired Oxford Hot Gloves but I'm wondering how compatible they will be if I ever decide to buy some more heated base layers

Didn't buy bar muffs in the end, just couldn't deal with the indignity of it. They really do make them look SO crap... Plus I'm not sure they'd fit over my knuckle guards.

I'll probably bodge something for the longer rides I have over the next few weeks. Cable ties and milk cartons aplenty :lol:

Honestly mate take the hit of looking stupid, I put a pair on my MT07 this week and wow made huge difference. It just stops the wind chill hitting your hands. Heated Grips won't do that all on their own. I will be adding heated Grips too but the £10 bar muffs are by far best value item that has made huge difference.

Honestly mate take the hit of looking stupid, I put a pair on my MT07 this week and wow made huge difference. It just stops the wind chill hitting your hands. Heated Grips won't do that all on their own. I will be adding heated Grips too but the £10 bar muffs are by far best value item that has made huge difference.

I tried, as feared they don't fit over the guards and my huge hands properly :|

Bodge job time!