Forum Etiquette vs Banter

Tango

Thanks for the kind words XTreme

Make the most of them Stu......I can't say anything else good about you! :lol:

Thing is, I'm tied to this stuff 7 days a week to make a living! It's hard because you can never get away from it!

In your case, you choose to do it voluntarily!

Is life in Hull that bad? :shock:

When and if the lime button becomes available it will be installed :-)

Ok so I was going to make some joke about Rant and Hoggs just happening to end up with blue names by some freak accident..

But now.. Now I just really want to see a Lime Button! :mrgreen:

You sad geeky twat......treat yourself to a new anorak! :lol:

I've heard good things about MariaDB as well.......but what worries me is if MySQL go in one direction while MariaDB go in another, who are application developers going to follow? So I'm playing safe and staying with MySQL.

Nearly all my sites (around 300+) are on PHP 7 now......performance is phenomenal and using much less resources to do it.

What can I say I like to know how things work :lol:

To be honest I think no matter what happens I think everything will work with MariaDB seen as though most of the MySQL staff work at Maria now :lol: I reckon MariaDB will be made to work with everything just that little bit better

Yeah I have heard good things about PHP 7 I don't think it will be long and I will be running it

Thing is, like with my Joomla sites, it's the addons that can catch you out with PHP upgrades! Sometimes you never know for sure until you actually do it.

What's been the game changer for us this year on the UK Dedi is switching to Cloud Linux, and deploying CageFS to isolate sites, LVE Manager to cap resource usage, and KernelCare to automatically patch the kernel without reboots. When the DirtyCOW vulnerability broke last week the patch became available virtually instantly. Plus, their PHP selector is much better than the EA one.

The server now runs faster and uses less resources than it ever did. If you're running a multi-occupancy server then it's a no-brainer not to use it.

image.jpeg.8406102d9f06bcf9ee704bad57166d4d.jpeg

When and if the lime button becomes available it will be installed :-)

Found it! Can we install it now?

http://www.ribbustingjokes.com/lilsusieq/scrapbook/buttons/button_lime_green.png

OOOH I LIKE LIME THINGS

• 1 month later...
We're all knackered Neil! :(

Is there a 'special' forum for us older, Chinese bike owners to go to where we won't get the piss taken out of us & not be regularly told we should have known better at our age:?:

Is there a 'special' forum for us older, Chinese bike owners to go to where we won't get the piss taken out of us & not be regularly told we should have known better at our age:?:

Aww! :(

You'll find Rant and Glorian are very good with advice for those who already own Chinese bikes, just pretty keen to put people off buying them in the first place :lol:

You'll find Rant and Glorian are very good with advice for those who already own Chinese bikes, just pretty keen to put people off buying them in the first place :lol:

I can't see anywhere that any of us said that! :shock: Xtreme was perhaps a little blunt at one point, but that was just a one off... and he wouldn't have any business making age comments :lol:

And yeah my policy is strict:

1. Warn people to spare themselves the fuss

2. Offer any help I can to people who already took the plunge

3. Argue the toss with anyone who goes around pushing them on new bikers who don't know any better

The same policies apply to BMWs! :up:

I'd be a hypocrite if I gave people stick for already owning the things :lol:

I can't see anywhere that any of us said that! :shock: Xtreme was perhaps a little blunt at one point, but that was just a one off... and he wouldn't have any business making age comments :lol:

And yeah my policy is strict:

1. Warn people to spare themselves the fuss

2. Offer any help I can to people who already took the plunge

3. Argue the toss with anyone who goes around pushing them on new bikers who don't know any better

The same policies apply to BMWs! :up:

I'd be a hypocrite if I gave people stick for already owning the things :lol:

Blunt? Shit.....I miss be losing my incisive edge with life observations!

Time to watch more George Carlin videos!

Last paragraph if you can't be arsed reading it all:

https://drivetribe.com/p/doKwgHX2TQqUZHTBO89AcQ/QMJArdOASISQdR2S6a3izQ

See, Even Richard effin' Hammond is at it. I used to like him on Top Gear:-

"I’ve argued in the past that if you haven’t got your full bike licence by your 17th birthday then you should be banned for life from taking it up. And a little part of me still feels that way."

So, I'm old, I have a Chinese 125cc bike & I'm still on L Plates at 59 years old.

That's it then! There's nothing left for me now other than to kill myself at high speed on the Cat & Fiddle run, except my bike will either rust to bits on its way there or it certainly won't go fast enough if it miraculously does manage to get there. :crybaby: :violin:

Last paragraph if you can't be arsed reading it all:

https://drivetribe.com/p/doKwgHX2TQqUZHTBO89AcQ/QMJArdOASISQdR2S6a3izQ

See, Even Richard effin' Hammond is at it. I used to like him on Top Gear:-

"I’ve argued in the past that if you haven’t got your full bike licence by your 17th birthday then you should be banned for life from taking it up. And a little part of me still feels that way."

So, I'm old, I have a Chinese 125cc bike & I'm still on L Plates at 59 years old.

That's it then! There's nothing left for me now other than to kill myself at high speed on the Cat & Fiddle run, except my bike will either rust to bits on its way there or it certainly won't go fast enough if it miraculously does manage to get there. :crybaby: :violin:

The good news is you won't get a speeding ticket on the cat and fiddle :mrgreen: