bike mags

goody

just wondering what (if any)bike mags people read, I used to buy streetfighters every month until its demise and now just stick with practical sportsbikes which to me has to be the best out there now, so whats your fav or don't ya bother

I used to read Ride, but it's been getting progressively less worthwhile, to the point that it isn't worth reading unless you have enough disposable income to buy a second home because they only ever seem to review the most expensive of everything. And I used to buy MCN until I stupidly entered one of their competitions and now they cold call me all the damn time despite repeatedly telling them to stop, so I'm not buying their rag any more either :lol: Adventure Bike Rider occasionally has a good article or two about bikes that are actually capable of riding on dirt and gear that has a two digit price tag, so I buy that from time to time.

I used to read Ride, but it's been getting progressively less worthwhile, to the point that it isn't worth reading unless you have enough disposable income to buy a second home because they only ever seem to review the most expensive of everything. And I used to buy MCN until I stupidly entered one of their competitions and now they cold call me all the damn time despite repeatedly telling them to stop, so I'm not buying their rag any more either :lol: Adventure Bike Rider occasionally has a good article or two about bikes that are actually capable of riding on dirt and gear that has a two digit price tag, so I buy that from time to time.

that's exactly it, everything is coming down to how much money ya got, I much prefer reading about something that's been restored or knocked up in someones shed at least ya know its been put together with blood sweat and prob tears

that's exactly it, everything is coming down to how much money ya got, I much prefer reading about something that's been restored or knocked up in someones shed at least ya know its been put together with blood sweat and prob tears

Or even just a review that looks at bikes which cost under six grand without either describing them as a learner bike or a winter hack :roll:

I stopped reading most mags when they kept asking me for interviews and then constantly misquoted me. When I asked them why they did that, they told me that sensationalism sold magazines and it did not matter to them if I was misquoted. So I stopped giving them interviews and stopped buying.

These days I look at stuff online, and South East bikers magazine (http://www.southeastbiker.co.uk/) mainly because I know Nick and Debbie the publishers very well, I write the occasional article for them and they cover real world motorcycling.

The rest I would not even use for fish and chip wrappings these days

I use to buy RIDE but gave it up for the reasons Rant gave.

Now I only buy a bike mag if there is an item I want to read.

I use to buy RIDE but gave it up for the reasons Rant gave.

Now I only buy a bike mag if there is an item I want to read.

I am the same with Sailing Mags, no way I could afford the boats they review. The practical advice they offer is often based around new starters not those who have been sailing for a whilst, the new gear is distinctly less interesting (that could be an age thing?).

On the other hand I have a subscription Ride but I have not been riding that long. So the new bikes and developments are of interest even if I cannot afford them.

I haven't bought a magazine or newspaper for years, I just read things on the internet. I wonder how long printed media will last.

Its demise will be delayed every time a biker drops their phone or tablet into the toilet.