Project Yamaha R125 Engine Rebuild

Classickid21

I'm with six on this one - I was expecting at least a small fire or something. :-D

It's dead easy to miss silly things - I rebuilt a red top GM engine in my teens after I popped a piston. When I tried to start it, it would rev on the throttle and die off it. I spent hours getting more and more pissed off and finally went to bed. The next morning I looked at it and noticed the cocking great, blindingly obvious hose I'd not connected to the intake manifold. Screwed it on and job done. 8-)

The throttle cable should have no control over the idle speed!

You need to adjust the idle speed screw and have a little free play in the throttle

I know but i disconnected the cable on engine removal, its idling at 1200rpm-1500 so not to bad.

20 miles into the running no problems, Next plan is to buy Wider tires as i was going around a corner i was like this feels funny, so i checked my Chicken lines to find i was right on the edge of the Tyre :D :D :D

The front is the one that clings on, the rear just follows

20 miles into the running no problems, Next plan is to buy Wider tires as i was going around a corner i was like this feels funny, so i checked my Chicken lines to find i was right on the edge of the Tyre :D :D :D

i was looking up standard they come 120 rear 100 front i have on it 130 rear 100 on front, next tyre change i think will be 120 front 130 rear i feel i go 140, it will just look silly tall side wall. the 130 has enough clearance

Oh chicken strip master, enlighten me for I know not about such things... how the heck have I managed to get the front ones noticeably thinner than the back? I thought it usually goes the other way round :lol:

Oh chicken strip master, enlighten me for I know not about such things... how the heck have I managed to get the front ones noticeably thinner than the back? I thought it usually goes the other way round :lol:

Taller profile to width on the rear than the front. Front wants to be the last to let go.

• 4 weeks later...

Just gone passed 200 miles on the rebuild seems to be going good and solid!

Had a funny spell at 180 miles in the heavy rain (cut out electrics got wet) coached to a friends place, left it over night next days holts damp spray, clean plug running perfectly again. Road home didn't miss a beat.

• 5 weeks later...
328 miles in ... i no longer have chicken lines dose anyone know what the biggest tyre i could fit on a 125 ? i have 140 on the bike and i think 100 on the front ? :shock:

you dont need wider tyres, you need to move your body position so youre keeping the bike more upright through the turns..

328 miles in ... i no longer have chicken lines dose anyone know what the biggest tyre i could fit on a 125 ? i have 140 on the bike and i think 100 on the front ? :shock:

you dont need wider tyres, you need to move your body position so youre keeping the bike more upright through the turns..

is what i fort i was doing already lol. but i will work on this :D

• 1 month later...

:( 818 miles and i broke it :( heavy rain and it cut out ... sprayed damp start new plug think the head gasket has gone :L LOL TIT!

so ordered new one head off and then fit it and back together :D bobs your uncle fannys your aunt..... only thing is i might have to get the garage to time it again :L i couldn't seem to get it to time up last time, took it in somewhere and they did it.