Liquid moly running in oil when to change ?

Classickid21

Hi as you all know i got the r125 running i used liquid moly breaking/running in oil, the bottle for instructions are in german, so does anyone know when to change the oil?

100 miles in of the rebuild then swap to 10w40 yamalube or the full 600 miles?

Also at 600 miles do i need to retorque the head back down ?

Spoken to a couple of people they have all said different things?

You only changed the top end didn't you?

Running in oil is for a freshly remachined engine. Standard oil would have been suffice.

Change it at 100 and do away with 600 mile change

Never done or used any, once a motor is built up there's no need to re torque up bolts, torque up to the correct value first time job done.

As for the oil, unless it a complete rebuild with new components - crank, barrels pistons then there's really no need to run in, just let in warm up and gradually build up the power keep checking that every thing's in order. Drop the oil after 500 miles if it's had a complete rebuild as first mentioned but really l don't think there's any need to be using special oil additives with todays oil's and machining tolerances.

Waiting for the next broken sump plug thread....

:popcorn:

nope i have a awesome oil extractor :D pump it walk away few moments later its empty :) more efficient

Probably best to drain it properly so you can make sure any metal filings come out - especially if you have a magnetic sump plug.