Track Day Discussion

chris128

Look at RST. Not super expensive but their stuff is used by probably 80% of the British superbikes paddock so the quality is there. I believe they do a short leg on the women's leathers too if needed

The rst r14 is great value for money. Depends how many trackdays you intent on doing? Its very addictive!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RST-R-14-Leather-Motorcycle-One-Piece-Race-Suit-Last-Few-Bargain-Free-24hr-Post-/172232019571?var=&hash=item2819d40e73:m:m3PJ6mP_V-Vcl4yNV7pOBtQ

Also keep an eye out on the bay for used suits, some great deals pop up now and then.

yeah a friend suggested RST; although his set was £500. I don't want to spend any more than £250 to be honest. Tight, yes, but doable :) I may also try on a set of RST tomorrow so i know what size I am and could potentially order the one you've linked :)

Quick question. If I'm gonna be trying on suits tomorrow etc. they may seem comfortable while wearing them not on the bike. If i buy them and then they're not comfortable is it a case of tough ****? T's&C's say you can exchange for basically store credit which should be fine, but just concerned :P What have any of you done in the past?

If you buy online and arent confident with the fit then you should be able to send back and swap size or get a refund aslong as tags are still intact etc.

If you order the suit i linked it will be worth phoning the company and asking how much to purchase ouside of ebay as they will save on fees etc and will be able to offer a better price.

yeah a friend suggested RST; although his set was £500. I don't want to spend any more than £250 to be honest. Tight, yes, but doable :) I may also try on a set of RST tomorrow so i know what size I am and could potentially order the one you've linked :)

Quick question. If I'm gonna be trying on suits tomorrow etc. they may seem comfortable while wearing them not on the bike. If i buy them and then they're not comfortable is it a case of tough ****? T's&C's say you can exchange for basically store credit which should be fine, but just concerned :P What have any of you done in the past?

I think it sounds abit confusing about the zip.

They must zip all the way round.

The zip dosn't actually go all the way round, it stops either side of your bellybutton.

Ive got rst 2 piece for sale. Trachtech in red/black. Jacket is 46/trouses are 36 £215 posted

I think it sounds abit confusing about the zip.

They must zip all the way round.

The zip dosn't actually go all the way round, it stops either side of your bellybutton.

Ive got rst 2 piece for sale. Trachtech in red/black. Jacket is 46/trouses are 36 £215 posted

As for them been comfortable one piece leathers are desgined to be comfy on the bike, not walking around.

So they wont be comfy stood up in a shop :lol:

Get one big enough to fit a back protector in.

And you need proper gloves and boots.

• 3 months later...
Looks like il be doing cadwell on 28th and croft 11th may.

Is there power available at cadwell as mate is using warmers?

No there is no power at cadwell

You will need a genny

Cheers Stu.

Think he bought a generator over winter so van give that a whirl.

Speaking of warmers, im going to change the current tyres for metzeler racetec rr before these trackdays. Is it ok to not use warmers for the 2 days then hopefully use it on the roads if there is any life left in them? Or is that too many heat cycles?

Forget everything you have read about tyres on the internet.

Just go on feel.

Use the tyres untill they start slipping.

Then go and get newones fitted at the track.

Its all about feel, i set my pb round caddy (1:39.0) on a flipped supercorsa and the tread was worn smooth on one side.

The rear will degrade faster then the front, so it will start slipping as you exit corners.

But buy some warmers, £100ish on ebay for some racetechs.

Worth every penny.

Sorry Tuks, thought you said you were using warmers.

When I started I did plenty of days and still used the bike for commuting. The track wears the edges and the road does the middle - proper value for money. :-D

Got to get the most out of them for what they cost! Think i got through 3 rears and 2 fronts last year and due another pair within the next few hundred miles. Nearly a grand burning rubber :scratch:

My mates on warmers but ive held off buying some as not felt necessary for how much im on a track but the more people i talk to the more i think i should get a set. Think diamond is a local company to me if anyone has used their kit?

Will have to look for a generator too.

I got a pair of Diamond warmers last year. They work really well from a smallish genny (I "borrowed" one of these).

I was a bit skeptical about them but you don't have to fanny about for a lap or two before pushing on so you get more usable track time.

• 1 month later...

So, couple of weeks until my first track day (june 3rd (or 4th?) at Oulton Park Novice Only day, followed by a day at RAF Benson on the airfield on July 15th :) New front tyre last week which has been scrubbed in but getting a little nervous to be honest :P

• 1 month later...

After the first slide lol.

I hate not riding on the days we get nice weather, typical that its been really nice up here this weekend and ive been in the office rushing out a big contract.

If i could do enough trackdays i would change it to track fairings but we are lucky in north east with largely empty roads great for riding.

Going to do croft again on 25th or 28th depending on weather and possibly oulton in august as couple people i know are heading down.