other bike forums ?

goody

None!

Cos after reading the shite on here I'm incapable of looking at any others as I've lost the will to live!

Our plan has worked .. means we can have a forum free of annoying Spanish weather pics

See you on the other site guys ....

16C today!

Pfffft who cares.

( :crybaby: )

I joined 2 when I started biking, this one have sensible answers the other one did not.

I have a friend who lurks in here, he says it's too slow. It can be slow but the thing is people don't tend to answer unless they have some experience in the matter.

Then the one person who knows anything will answer....

I've had my fair share of bike or car specific forums and I can't stand them, sometimes it's a nessesary evil but I'm only registered to and use this one and idiot collective although not logged onto IC for quite a while.

This place is friendly, knowledgeable and got some good banter.

I don't think I've actually got caught up in any drama here which is always good

Specific forums seem to think their bike or car is the best out there and can't see the wood for the trees half the time and it's like arguing with a stubborn 6 year old

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Specific forums seem to think their bike or car is the best out there and can't see the wood for the trees half the time and it's like arguing with a stubborn 6 year old

And yet people are so different in real life - myself for example: I am interesting, intelligent and witty away from the keyboard.

*But I'm a liar both on and off-line.

This is true, I'll never attend a show with a specific marque of vehicle again either as it turns into a monumental bank statement exercise on how much money you have wasted on making your car or bike the same or less value than it started out with lol

It largely depends on the Group........The 2 Triumph groups I'm on are very different. 1 has people that get apoplectic with rage if you post anything that isn't exactly Hinckley Triumph or Hinckley Triumph related.......The other group is much more relaxed, with plenty of banter and people don't get bent out of shape if someone posts a picture of another marque, or something completely unrelated. Needless to say, one group is much more enjoyable to visit than the other.... :wink:

Although, this is definitely the best bike forum around..... 8-)

Single marque folk are a funny lot, I've found actual clubs are the same. I've been a member of a couple of clubs in the past, one of them was populated by men who were simply passing time waiting for death - and the other (HOG) was full of patch-wearing, Range Rover driving bell-ends. I never met anybody in RAT so my impression of them remains uncoloured.

I always join a bike specific forum as the knowledge on that bike is second to none! Most of them know more about the bikes than the dealers!

But as already said bike specific forums tend to be a bit weird! the current bike specific one insists you join the club for invaluable advice and cheap parts! but isn't that what forums are for? and they really don't like it when I post that my parts from yamaha cost less than the "club" with no joining fee :lol:

It largely depends on the Group........The 2 Triumph groups I'm on are very different. 1 has people that get apoplectic with rage if you post anything that isn't exactly Hinckley Triumph or Hinckley Triumph related.......The other group is much more relaxed, with plenty of banter and people don't get bent out of shape if someone posts a picture of another marque, or something completely unrelated. Needless to say, one group is much more enjoyable to visit than the other.... :wink:

Although, this is definitely the best bike forum around..... 8-)

Completely agree with that, now that I'm on TMBF ,I wont be renewing my membership of TOCC :thumb:

Doesn't matter what or which forum it is.. if you see the name CaNsA anywhere.... run. hide

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/motobiker/hidesbehindsofa.gif~original

Only if you're Adam Aarons.

For me I have found FZ6 forums are pretty much dead...

For the trophy there is a great group on FB today I did 150 miles to go and see one on what was meant to be a big group ride but turned out a bit smaller due to weather....

They didnt care who turns up and as long as its interesting it can be posted in the group....

Face ook I believe is seeing an end to a lot of forums as it's so easy, but you can't beat a good old forum especially if you don't use fb like me

Your right there fb seems to be the place where most are heading but can't see myself signing up to that anywhere in the near future

For me I have found FZ6 forums are pretty much dead...

For the trophy there is a great group on FB today I did 150 miles to go and see one on what was meant to be a big group ride but turned out a bit smaller due to weather....

They didnt care who turns up and as long as its interesting it can be posted in the group....

I think with the MT07, the FZ6 (especially the street version) isn't that popular as new riders are much more interested in the MT rather than a second hand FZ6. Think this comes down to value for money, looks and the ride.

You can certainly tell the newer riders and quite a few of the more experienced riders are using fb groups just for ease of use.

When I had the GPX I was in the Kawasaki Riders Forum and a paid up club member. The club was quite active with stands at various shows. The forum and members were fairly laid back and the forum very similar to this, plenty of technical help and banter and members with many different makes of bikes.

However the club eventually folded and the forum got quieter and quieter, so I started looking around and found TMBF which seemed to be run in a similar vain. ( passed on lots of other places though)

The old KR forum then changed to a FB group and so much technical knowledge was lost especially for the older bikes. It is also very quiet now with no posts since July. :roll:

So to Stu and the Mods, keep up the good work. :cheers: