other bike forums ?

goody

I wish people would wake up and realise that FB is evil and that everything they post on FB just makes money for FB!

Not arguing on that... Sadly though most motorbike rideouts and social events etc are best found by facebook.

You dont need to share you life but an account, I would suggest a picture of a motorbike (easy way into closed motorbike groups).

Then lock your account down to hide as much as it can and that you can do quite well. At which point you can see whats going on and choose where you go to.

I like it as well actually!

Cos when people have to post as themselves on FB they're less likely to adopt the false personas that they do when they go on a forum under some random username.

You wouldn't believe the number of people I've met in real life after knowing them through forums and they're like a different person.

Cos when people have to post as themselves on FB they're less likely to adopt the false personas that they do when they go on a forum under some random username.

You wouldn't believe the number of people I've met in real life after knowing them through forums and they're like a different person.

I think too many people now are afraid of being themselves that is why they spend so much time in virtual world where they can say and pretend as much as they want. I have been on a few forums drive outs [cars] and people were totally different in person and I couldn't believe how can one be so funny, brave and easy to get on with on a forum and in a real life just very opposite, dead inside or so shy it was simply shocking :shock: I wish to admit that on a forum I watch what I am writing... In person I just say exactly how it is, I do not hold back no matter who someone is. 90% of the time I am only joking, because I do not take too many things seriously apart from certain things that make me feel that someone is just so seriously f**king stupid and simply need to be informed about it then and there :wink: Maybe that is why I have no friends :scratch: ..everyone so sensitive these days :lol: Anyway I rather have one real friend than thousands online followers :D

I think too many people now are afraid of being themselves that is why they spend so much time in virtual world where they can say and pretend as much as they want. I have been on a few forums drive outs [cars] and people were totally different in person and I couldn't believe how can one be so funny, brave and easy to get on with on a forum and in a real life just very opposite, dead inside or so shy it was simply shocking :shock: I wish to admit that on a forum I watch what I am writing... In person I just say exactly how it is, I do not hold back no matter who someone is. 90% of the time I am only joking, because I do not take too many things seriously apart from certain things that make me feel that someone is just so seriously f**king stupid and simply need to be informed about it then and there :wink: Maybe that is why I have no friends :scratch: ..everyone so sensitive these days :lol: Anyway I rather have one real friend than thousands online followers :D

You've got no friends cause your a ginger :D

Ha ha what have I started fb or forum debate lol, as for fb as said cant be arsed with it as for forums I am what I am same person on and off the forum I like people who are blunt and honest and can't be arsed with keyboard warriors,I get some people are different off the forum but if it's not you speaking don't f**king say it is my advice,happy new year to all and maybe see some of ya soon :thumb:

Facebook has its uses.

No need to go looking for info, just stick up a short post and it gets answered.

Stu should start a group on there/ couple of admins and invite only through here.

Some of the groups have a massive community feel(normaly the small groups) and ive met some awsome people from it.

Its part of everyday life.

Forums have got slower and slower over the years, some posts don't even get get replys.

Having a facebook account is no different to having one here, people only see what you wan't them to see.

There is a TMBF Facebook group.....but it doesn't see a lot of action normally. ..... :wink:

Probably because it doesn't show up on a search. :lol:

Any links?

if you search for TMBF it wont show up :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/TheMotorBikeForum/

there is also a twitter account

https://twitter.com/t_m_b_f

neither are used to be fair!

TBH I think that having an active TMBF Facebook group would be detrimental to the Forum......so I'm quite happy to keep the status quo here.... 8-)

It certainly would and this is the reason why the page is like it is I don't want two places where people can post and I don't want to take away members from here