My first "big bike"

ChrisBHull

Thats not a bad idea! Hornsea is my goto destination for a first drive/ride out in a new vehicle. Every car and every bike has gone there the day Ive purchased them. Not a bad little run out if you go via Withernsea.

or go the whole hog n head up to filey?

This is Richard Hammonds opinion on the GS

"There are already too many smug twats commuting the wilds of Kensington on Dakar-ready BMW R1200GS believing themselves to be the very image of wotsiface and wotsiface going the Long bloody Way Round on telly when in fact they are a middle-aged man who can’t afford a Ferrari but wants something he feels might impress his colleagues."

Proper pissed off with this thread.

Going to start my own thread WITH NO PHOTOS OF ME ON IT.

:wink:

UH OH BUSTED :seeya:

Seriously how the hell did you end up with a GS you're far too lovely and have a sense of humour!! :lol:

Seriously how the hell did you end up with a GS you're far too lovely and have a sense of humour!! :lol:

I live a sheltered life. I went out and bought a bike. Then people started saying things like, oh nice, like on the "Long Way Round", and I'm thinking, what way round? And Charlie Boredom - who? If I'd known what I was buying into I'd have stayed well a... hell, I've have bought it just the same. It's a nice bike.

:booty:

I live a sheltered life. I went out and bought a bike. Then people started saying things like, oh nice, like on the "Long Way Round", and I'm thinking, what way round? And Charlie Boredom - who? If I'd known what I was buying into I'd have stayed well a... hell, I've have bought it just the same. It's a nice bike.

:booty:

I think that explains how I ended up with one too...

hahaha you get the Hoggs GS rider but actually OK pass card :lol: it's one of a kind so don't lose it

I have a Kwak and a GS, Do I get a special card? :roll:

Some of the replies have made me chuckle.

Any other places local to Hull other than squires? I fancy going out to play over the weekend weather permitting.

Obviously you have squires and seaways

There is wetwang chippy, Fimber cafe, Helmsley, Gothland, Scarborough (shudder), Withernsea, Hornsea, Brid, Warley cross cafe, Driffield river head cafe, Willingham woods

Theres a few to work your way round :thumb:

Yeah....ok, I've caught up now......errr yeah....congrats on the new bike mate...... :wink: 8-)

You could take a wire brush to the rear sprocket if you want......I think I'd be checking the condition of the chain and sprockets anyway mate, as you don't really know the history of the bike..... 8-)

And here starts your first lesson in motorbike ownership.....you're hand will be permanently in your pocket from now on, because there's always something that needs replacing or servicing.....or a nice new shiny thing that needs adding (BTW....These are called Farkles ), because bikers are really just magpies in disguise!..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

This is Richard Hammonds opinion on the GS

"There are already too many smug twats commuting the wilds of Kensington on Dakar-ready BMW R1200GS believing themselves to be the very image of wotsiface and wotsiface going the Long bloody Way Round on telly when in fact they are a middle-aged man who can’t afford a Ferrari but wants something he feels might impress his colleagues."

And cruiser riders are SOA wannabies.

And nekkid bike riders wish they were their Dads.

And tourer riders wish they were accountants.

And sports bike riders...well...

https://youtu.be/yRC7SNV0tCQ

Thank god for us sane trai...damn, just remembered XTreme. There's no way I can explain that one.

TLDR: Richard Hammond is a *****, a **** and a **** ******* ***** ******.

Thank god for us sane trai...damn, just remembered XTreme. There's no way I can explain that one.

And me. And Phil.

Hmm... interesting crowd. What does this say about you? :lol:

Mawsley has just gone off to buy a trike. :wink: