Marriage advice needed.

Oasis

I badly need some advice. I find myself at a difficult stage in our marriage and I just don't know how we can ever get past this.

I want a second bike, a Triumph rocket III roadster to be exact. But she says no!

I'm tempted to have one on the side, just to fulfil my other needs.

Speak your point without the anger. Every expression of negative emotions requires five expressions of positive emotions to regain a position of neutral feeling. It would be very difficult to get five bikes so hold your anger down! Many of us impatient listeners try to shorten the process by offering solutions before our partner is ready to hear them. If a solution occurs to you say,  “When you are ready, dear, I have a solution that might be helpful to you.”  When your partner is ready, she will be more open to your idea. Then you can explain the extreme importance and need of a Triumph Rocket 3 as part of your well being and staying sane.

And for all those that aren't Married yet. Remember get all your toys sorted way before to avoid such situations like our friend here. And another thing, make sure that you are the crazy one :D

Speak your point without the anger. Every expression of negative emotions requires five expressions of positive emotions to regain a position of neutral feeling. It would be very difficult to get five bikes so hold your anger down! Many of us impatient listeners try to shorten the process by offering solutions before our partner is ready to hear them. If a solution occurs to you say,  “When you are ready, dear, I have a solution that might be helpful to you.”  When your partner is ready, she will be more open to your idea. Then you can explain the extreme importance and need of a Triumph Rocket 3 as part of your well being and staying sane.

And for all those that aren't Married yet. Remember get all your toys sorted way before to avoid such situations like our friend here. And another thing, make sure that you are the crazy one :D

You been drinking again :D

I have a pair of these:

product_res_42938_1.jpg

Perfect for the fallout of marital disputed and they fold up for easy transportation to provide relief while out and about.

Was you not born with selective hearing like the rest of us? :lol:

get a divorce. get as many bikes as you want. get a girl who likes bikes. marry her. buy more bikes together. sorted.

I've done point 1 and point 3. As of yesterday I can start thinking of point 4 as she is now divorced from her ex.

I can't afford a 2nd bike but she will happily kick my ass to get on the current one.

Why is she saying no?

If the answer is "because you already have one" ask her why she has multiple bags.

The answer will be "for different occasions" or something like that. Explain that's why you want another bike.

Buy the bike.

Problem solved. :-)

get a divorce. get as many bikes as you want. get a girl who likes bikes. marry her. buy more bikes together. sorted.

I've done point 1 and point 3. As of yesterday I can start thinking of point 4 as she is now divorced from her ex.

I can't afford a 2nd bike but she will happily kick my ass to get on the current one.

we like soon to be Mrs W :mrgreen:

Is that a marriage proposal Hoggs? :love: :yay: :-D

Post a pic of your Mrs ... Then I can give you some honest advice :thumb:

71995eaa2de7071fffbe049260d634ad.jpg

Right , kill it with fire, use petrol to make sure you do the job right, then go get what ever the fook you like :thumb:

The lying bitch ... my ex told me that she had broken off her affair. Now I know it was with you!

The lying bitch ... my ex told me that she had broken off her affair. Now I know it was with you!

She does make a mean cup-o-tea though!

She does make a mean cup-o-tea though!

Hmmm........ No, burn it :thumb:

Why is she saying no?

If the answer is "because you already have one" ask her why she has multiple bags.

The answer will be "for different occasions" or something like that. Explain that's why you want another bike.

Buy the bike.

Problem solved. :-)

The thing I've never understood is the thing some women have for shoes, someone I know actually spent close to £1000 on a pair of high heels, which she couldn't wear for more than a couple of hours without them hurting her feet, essentially she was paying a lot of money to torture herself :scratch: .

If it were me I'd have spent that on something far more practical to torture myself- like a Dainese one piece :lol: .

I had this same issue with both my wives and other guys wives I get dragged into lol. My driving instructor (car) missus wont let him get one because its unsafe.....but teaching new drivers that wreck his car 10 times a year is not, ok. My first wife gave it up after I already brought it and she caught me "cheating" (her words) on her with it by then it was too late explained it cost me after a cough and a mumble £800 but if you make me sell it would lose out on half....sellers market and all you know love. 2nd wife i had wheels before I met her (this is epic btw) but forced to sell them to get a car when fell pregnant, happy fathers day here is a ninja you always wanted .... win.