How many of Lord's and ladies of the road are parents?

painkiller

Just sitting in my car after got with parental sods law, my girl does not sleep alot but taken her to a soft play and JUST as I pull in zonk she is out. Between parenting and bad weather it seems I barely get time to ride out. I miss where I lived before, ability to do coastal runs around from yaremouth to cromer. My girl does love the wheels though she has her own little bike (16 months old) she loves to ride around on it , can see she will be a biker in the future, heartening when she points to my ninja and says bike .... sit lol she does love the throttle.

My bike is my baby and I wouldn't let any little snot bags near him! :lol: :lol: *see's parents arriving* :seeya:

But if you are going to have kids... sounds like you're raising her right :wink: Much like Hoggfather did with me :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/xw8f6ku.jpg

LOOK HOW ADORABLE I ONCE WAS!

My bike is my baby and I wouldn't let any little snot bags near him! :lol: :lol: *see's parents arriving* :seeya:

But if you are going to have kids... sounds like you're raising her right :wink: Much like Hoggfather did with me :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/xw8f6ku.jpg

LOOK HOW ADORABLE I ONCE WAS!

I recognise that angelic person.

What happened. :wink: :seeya:

I used to be a parent of 2 small girls more then 35 years ago.

They were brought up in, on and around motorbikes.

The wife and I both were bikers, and we rode out many times, each of us with a daughter on the back-seat.

Later we had a sidecar combo too.

Though we went on holiday tours many times, my wife never cared for biker rallies.

The elder sister later did not care much for bikes - never got her license - but my youngest became my 'meeting matie'.

She came along to biker camping-meetings in the sidecar when she was about 16, later when she had her license she would ride the sidecar, and I took the company bike that I had instead of a company car.

Later still she got her own bike so we could choose who would ride what...

And then she got a boyfriend who had different hobbies (stupid boy !) and that was that.

But...

Though the stupid boyfriend left, and she got merried to another nice guy, she would always be interested in my 'biker life'

and my bikes. Even as a married woman she would accompany me on ride-outs on the back seat.

And now she has a son, just over 1 1/2 years old.

So before anyone from her husbands familiy would give him any old 'three-weeler',

I gave him an official BMW three-wheeler that looked just like my previous bike, a BMW R1150 GS.

Black wit red seats.

I think that you just cannot start soon enough teaching him what is really important in life... !

So, topicstarter, I can only say: keep up the good work !

And for Hoggfather... Well done mate !!!

GS%20Dakar%20Luuk.jpg

Junior-2.jpg

I had a son .. Not seen him for years , he's heavily retarded and been in a home most his life , they used to let him out but the raping got really bad so now he is just locked in a room and draws Dolphins all day.

i have a son, hes 5 in a couple of weeks. The only problem is hes a bit funny. He's autistic (not the funny part lol) and hes obsessed with rally cars. He also loves monster trucks, massively loud crashing smashing vehicles.......yet........hes scared of certain noises including the hoover and my motorbike, i tried to sit him on my bike a few weeks ago and he was NOT happy. He refused to come near me until i took my leathers off.

But if hes into rally cars now, hopefully as he develops further i can gently nudge him towards bikes. Im going to let him use his tools on the bike to "fix it" and keep encouraging him.

My sister, auntie and brother are all bikers and now my brothers bairn is 13 and shes getting interested in bikes so my brothers asked if ill take her out and about on the bike (hes not in the country)

I only ever have Sundays off totally and that's usually family day. I rarely get the 'fun' rides but plenty of commuting. As it gets lighter I'll be able to sneak in some Friday afternoons again though :).

My boy is 2 and his favourite toys are bikes and cars. He gets pretty excited at the seeing bikes and even shouts "bike!" When he can hear one but not see it.

I have an 8 month old who loves looking at my bike (tears if you sit her on it, probably cos she then can't see it).

I have had motogp, bsb and wsbk on enough she recognises the noise with her back to the TV and will turn to see the bikes. Will sit and watch them as well if she can.

I plan to get a suzuki ecstar balance bike for her soon so she can match daddy.

Its nice to see how many other parents and riders there are on here. Children are lovely to have around but often very hard work, You all have very cute children, sadly I dont have a picture of my girl on the bike because I have to hold her and no one to take the picture lol. I also lost a child and my wife at birth, I feel the pains of losing a child.

Bhawk autistic children can be a bit funny and with strong obsessions over one thing, I am also autistic as well as other things. Sometimes it just takes time to add to the obsessions im sure bikes will be because most the family seem to be (awesome family btw). Just be prepared to have an empty wallet when of age to drive or ride lol.

My two year old grandson Leo loves going into the garage,lifting the sheet covering "his" RGV, he pats the fairing and have taught him to say RGV, in proper letters not toddler speak..He can also say Zooki and Amaha and can recognise the words in bike mags.

He is going to inherit the RGV when he's old enough,I'm doing a series of photos of him growing up with it,right from a week before he was born.

We also have a video of him helping me wash the R1,he loves watching that over and over.

Its nice to see how many other parents and riders there are on here. Children are lovely to have around but often very hard work, You all have very cute children, sadly I dont have a picture of my girl on the bike because I have to hold her and no one to take the picture lol. I also lost a child and my wife at birth, I feel the pains of losing a child.

Bhawk autistic children can be a bit funny and with strong obsessions over one thing, I am also autistic as well as other things. Sometimes it just takes time to add to the obsessions im sure bikes will be because most the family seem to be (awesome family btw). Just be prepared to have an empty wallet when of age to drive or ride lol.

So sorry to read that painkiller.

Parenting is far too much responsibility for me just yet! I can barely get myself through the day let alone a dependant. Love hanging out with my mates little girl as shes a total terror, runs wild for hours, i can only cope for an hour or 2 though, dont know how they manage 24/7.

5 sons from 2 marriages! Ages range from 25-39......3 in Britain, 1 in Holland, and 1 in Poland!

In my 'newbie intro' you mentioned your son in Holland.

Just wondering, is he a biker too ?

And your other sons ?

Children are alot of work, im 31 i have had 4 children but only actually have the 1 I parent. Lost one and my first wife, the one I have now, 2 from "less than agree'd exchange". Keeping up with this one is tough enough, she is extremely intelligent for her age which makes it harder, stair gates dont work she figured it out in less than 2 minutes, child locks, key locks - went into my sister in laws bag, got her key and unlocked and opened the door lol. I have to be honest sometimes I think it was not time to have a child I was not ready, and with most relationships puts a serious strain.

Wow that is a fair amount of children, it would be great to family ride all 6 of you in a convoy.

Children are alot of work, im 31 i have had 4 children but only actually have the 1 I parent. Lost one and my first wife, the one I have now, 2 from "less than agree'd exchange". Keeping up with this one is tough enough, she is extremely intelligent for her age which makes it harder, stair gates dont work she figured it out in less than 2 minutes, child locks, key locks - went into my sister in laws bag, got her key and unlocked and opened the door lol. I have to be honest sometimes I think it was not time to have a child I was not ready, and with most relationships puts a serious strain.

Wow that is a fair amount of children, it would be great to family ride all 6 of you in a convoy.

Sorry for your loss mate.

You sound like an absolute hero!

I'm 31 with 4 kids also. Youngest was born at 25 weeks and it was the most gut wrenching, heartbreaking experience of my life so i cant even begin to imagine what you have had to go through.

I'm 31 with 4 kids also. Youngest was born at 25 weeks and it was the most gut wrenching, heartbreaking experience of my life so i cant even begin to imagine what you have had to go through.

I am so sorry to hear that I know how hard that is, Anything to do with children so negative is the worst most hurtful thing anyone can experience. I wish I could express my feeling of loss for you but words fall short. You are more a hero than I, you have suffered through it straight where as parts of my mind are closed off to me, protects me. I am up on the chopping block for losing another one to services due to a scorned woman who seems to hate men. The fun never stops

5 sons from 2 marriages! Ages range from 25-39......3 in Britain, 1 in Holland, and 1 in Poland!

In my 'newbie intro' you mentioned your son in Holland.

Just wondering, is he a biker too ?

And your other sons ?

No......none of them are! No interest in them!

I'm fine with that.......they may not have been as lucky as I've been!

I am so sorry to hear that I know how hard that is, Anything to do with children so negative is the worst most hurtful thing anyone can experience. I wish I could express my feeling of loss for you but words fall short. You are more a hero than I, you have suffered through it straight where as parts of my mind are closed off to me, protects me. I am up on the chopping block for losing another one to services due to a scorned woman who seems to hate men. The fun never stops

Oh no, he battled through. He's mooching next to me in bed at the moment. :D Was a gruelling 3 months. Infections left, right and centre. Swelling, breathing difficulties, heart problems(initially). I don't know how they do it, but they kept him alive! Trying to explain it to an 8, 6 and 4 year old is tough too.

Over coming what you have and being a good dad to and single handily raising your kids is incredible. Keep your chin up mate, what you've achieved on your own is all the evidence anyone should ever need!

Thats great news sorry I mis understood but to me that is just as bad, as a father my girl falls over I want to cry and twists me inside but seeing it for months would have killed me. Thank you.