Do you smoke or do you vape?

painkiller

I am just curious as to what people are doing these days. I gave up smoking about 2 years ago but started to vape instead. To me its better not so harmful, no smoke smell all over you all the time, cheaper in ways. Spent ages looking for a good vape, upgrading as I went along. At the moment I use a smok alien 220w with a cleito 120 tank and a smok g priv 220w with a 120 cleito. Both great MODS out of all the ones I have had.

I am the type of a person that "do or don't". One day I decided to stop smoking. So I throw away rest of the cigarettes and never smoke since [about 5 years ago] I wish I never quit smoking, it was awesome :D Now I am fat and stuff :(

and ginger :|

f**k

I am the type of a person that "do or don't". One day I decided to stop smoking. So I throw away rest of the cigarettes and never smoke since [about 5 years ago] I wish I never quit smoking, it was awesome :D Now I am fat and stuff :(

and ginger :|

f**k

^^^ This, I'm just not Ginger (grey and receding instead)

There is no real evidence as such that vaping is any less harmful than smoking tobacco, it has not been around long enough to do proper clinical trials on, plus as the majority of the vaping/ecigarette industry is owned by the tobacco industry there is not much chance of any proper clinical stuff taking place.

I am just curious as to what people are doing these days. I gave up smoking about 2 years ago but started to vape instead. To me its better not so harmful, no smoke smell all over you all the time, cheaper in ways. Spent ages looking for a good vape, upgrading as I went along. At the moment I use a smok alien 220w with a cleito 120 tank and a smok g priv 220w with a 120 cleito. Both great MODS out of all the ones I have had.

Have a look at this thread Painkiller

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60865

Oh would that be the one I linked to, three posts up?? :roll:

I gave up smoking and managed to avoid swapping one addiction for another.. i have put on some weight.. gone from a 34 waist jean to 36... but I seem to be reversing the weight gain trend now.. its been some time... almost a year since i stopped.

My method for stopping involved a private prescription for a full course of Varenicline (Champix) this cost me £220 for the 3 month course.. over 3 months I would normally spend about £320 on smokes, so the maths worked out.

money well spent. even if the initial outlay was a little painful. I found that paying for the treatment was just an added incentive to making it work.

I used an online prescription service. https://www.doctorfox.co.uk/stop-smoking/

It will be 2 years ago in April since I quit. I simply stopped enjoying smoking after 30+ years and so managed cold turkey quite easily.

Then I found the pefect incentive to remain quit...... It was called heart failure. So I swapped the weed for tablets instead :wink:

I do regret not giving up years earlier though.

Oh would that be the one I linked to, three posts up?? :roll:

:thumb:

You well know i don't pay attention to children. :wink:

(mental note, must read posts fully :roll: )

... (mental note, must read posts fully :roll: )

Please don't... It's much more fun this way ! :mrgreen:

I quit smoking a long time ago.

My (2 stroke) motorbike at the time was smoking so much that I decided that one of us had to quit.

The bike refused... :roll:

There is no real evidence as such that vaping is any less harmful than smoking tobacco, it has not been around long enough to do proper clinical trials on

Public Health England report

Royal College of Physicians report

NCSCT Guidelines for NHS Quit program training

Plus a wealth of actual research not detailed in the above reports. There is actual real scientific evidence that vaping is less harmful, even anti-vape campaigners accept that much which is why they've changed the attack to supposed gateway effects, marketing at children and nonsense about flavours causing sterility.

plus as the majority of the vaping/ecigarette industry is owned by the tobacco industry there is not much chance of any proper clinical stuff taking place.

The cigalike market is dominated by the tobacco industry, they don't have a single GenII/III product. The industry was built by independent retailers and manufacturers, who are all hanging on in there by the skin of their teeth.

There is no real evidence as such that vaping is any less harmful than smoking tobacco, it has not been around long enough to do proper clinical trials on

Plus a wealth of actual research not detailed in the above reports. There is actual real scientific evidence that vaping is less harmful, even anti-vape campaigners accept that much which is why they've changed the attack to supposed gateway effects, marketing at children and nonsense about flavours causing sterility.

plus as the majority of the vaping/ecigarette industry is owned by the tobacco industry there is not much chance of any proper clinical stuff taking place.

The cigalike market is dominated by the tobacco industry, they don't have a single GenII/III product. The industry was built by independent retailers and manufacturers, who are all hanging on in there by the skin of their teeth.

It's amazing how conclusively an opinion can be formed despite masses of evidence to the contrary. I mean no disrespect to Skimblet when i say that.

It's amazing how conclusively an opinion can be formed despite masses of evidence to the contrary. I mean no disrespect to Skimblet when i say that.

Given the wealth of propaganda put out by anti-vape lobbyists and Big Pharma shills, it isn't surprising the debate is warped in favour of those who say "we don't know what's in them"...and this influences conversations at all levels.

Plus, I guess, unless it's your job to keep on top of all of the research then a whole stack of it will pass you by.

I would say that it depends on the liquids as much as anything. The poundland liquids are vile as can be and are full of very harmful chemicals, I personally use the best liquids or build my own with max of 3mg tobacco. In some ways they may be just as bad and or addictive (guilty here) puffed mine 492 times thus far today since midnight. For some its better despite the risks, my brother was virtually on the last months if he never gave up smoking, got him to vape because he would never give up smoking and now he is alot better for it health wise.

i smoked for ten years then went on to vaping. Only problem i have is i was a very heavy smoker, my e-cig runs out of battery before the day is out and im too tight to go out and buy a better one.

Luckily i have a portable powerbank thingy to see me through

The poundland liquids are vile as can be and are full of very harmful chemicals.

Not that I'm doubting the awful nature of anything being purchased from Poundland - but what harmful chemicals and which study identified them?

Still no long term research to show the effects of ecigarettes or vaping over an extended period of time, most of the health benefits that are highlighted are due to cessation of smoking altogether with ecigarettes as a vehicle to achieve this.

Have you tried heated tobacco as an alternative?

Still no long term research to show the effects of ecigarettes or vaping over an extended period of time, most of the health benefits that are highlighted are due to cessation of smoking altogether with ecigarettes as a vehicle to achieve this.

Have you tried heated tobacco as an alternative?

Depends what you define as long-term.

Hon Lik invented them in 2003 and vaping has been a mainstream activity since 2009 in the UK. During that time there's not been one documented incident of a vape-related illness. Not one. OK, there have been some like the Brummie twat who attempted to blame fluid on the lungs on vaping - but soundly debunked afterwards.

So what long-term illnesses?

There's not going to be anything vastly new over smoking-related diseases except ones attributed to the combustion materials won't exist and others related to aldehydes and the like will be fewer by virtue of reduced levels in vapour. Clearly, the best thing to do is not to vape or smoke - but for those attempting to get off fags, vaping is a no brainer.

Study after study has demonstrated that the addictive quality of nicotine is reduced when isolated from the toxic smog of fag smoke. And I can attest to this on an anecdotal level because quitting vaping was an absolute breeze. I tried cutting down, that didn't work. I tried cold turkey - no pangs, no nothing. Bonus!

So, no, I've not done heated tobacco and loathe the concept. Strikes me that would be harder to quit from (evidence for this - nada), but my main objection to it is the companies producing it.