Your security

How long ago was that Maws? Think I got £1500 for mine after I got squished by a car. That was 2001 ish.

2006. Probably. Ish.

Everyone I've seen advertised recently goes for 2500-absolutely stupid. Lovely bike, but I'm not shelling out a couple of grand on a garage dolly.

Honestly im not going to lie but that is rather impressive to get that out and so fast. my bike rests surrounded by 6ft brick walls, no way to get a bike out unless the gate (or crane). Oh dont get me started! my old bike space was rigged ... rather " you break in here, goodbye" manner. Thats the thing with insurance, you want lower premiums but cost of the bike has to be lower. Its like the t shirt I brought " My biggestfear Is that when I die my wife will sell my motorcycles for what i told her they cost".

I have four dogs, a fly cant fart in my garden without setting them off. And the smallest one a jack russel cross chihuahua can get out the cat flap, and thats the bugger i wouldnt want to mess with.

Several years ago, i showed my ex what we feed to the falcons. i.e cute fluffy chicken chicks. so she picked one up and asked if she could keep it. Being a soft arse i agreed and she called it meep meep. Now meep meep grew, and bloody quickly. It grew to be an absolute monster, it used to kick the hell out of my hunting dogs, it would run in the house, nick your packet of fags then leg it back outside, fags were never to be seen again.

Well one time i was away for a couple of weeks with work and i left my old bike in my back garden.

One night she heard a commotion late at night and looked out to see two thieves getting attacked by the cockerel.

They were desperately trying to climb the 8 ft wall but every time they turned their back the chicken would launch at them, the police were called and managed to get there and actually catch one of them thanks to the chicken.

I also bought my mother a duck for mothers day ten year ago, it became a guard duck. Its now locked in the back garden as it kept attacking the postman. She still wont let me eat it

A bit of chicken feed will see him off no sweat :D

Im proper security conscious, to the point i feel uneasy discussing my security measures online lol.

With bike jacking on the up in London im sure it will spread to all the big citys and will be the easiest way of criminals taking your pride and joy. Confronted with a weapon im not sure there is much 1 person can do to defend their property against a gang intent on taking your bike with a real threat of life changing injuries.

I agree, i wouldnt give too much about myself and my security away too, as i have a lot of expensive stuff at home.

However if i did have someone trying to nick something i would just open the doors and let the dogs have them. Either that or shoot a couple of rounds over their heads so they get the idea.

I have four dogs, a fly cant fart in my garden without setting them off.

I've got two, and both of them can bark for England if a small child tiptoes past the front door.

Neither of them said shit the night the GPz was lifted.

With bike jacking on the up in London im sure it will spread to all the big citys and will be the easiest way of criminals taking your pride and joy.

If London is anything to go on, the best defense is owning a green 2001 ZX-6r that nobody wants to pinch :up:

With bike jacking on the up in London im sure it will spread to all the big citys and will be the easiest way of criminals taking your pride and joy.

If London is anything to go on, the best defense is owning a green 2001 ZX-6r that nobody wants to pinch :up:

Firstly :up:

Secondly, I don't take Kermit into town, he moves between my garage and the security gated complex where I work.

Thirdly, :up:

Seems like your well kitted out already, im chain round the seat and back wheel then through the frame with a 2nd chain and lock leading to a solid wooden post.... not much security alarmed and covered up with a bike cover. Not best but up the unit and work shop i have the full works anchors chains alarms double locks and barred door inside rather then out. Can you put a gate round the side ? Metal one eith solid front so they can't see though unless they go over it then clamp a battery and jump leads to the gate ;)

Found myself spending my lunch hour reading up (yet again) about bike security, but fear I'm making myself overly concerned about it now!

A little whimsically bought myself the Oxford HD chain and lock from a local shop at the weekend, which I use at work and when out and about, but am now concerned it isn't sufficient even as a deterrent! Think I might buy myself a dedicated disc lock too, but I already have an irritating amount of keys on my bike's keyring! :roll:

Unless work ever takes you to London, you're probably worrying too much!

I always put my lock on the rear wheel instead of the front, stops people lifting the front off the floor and rolling it onto a van on the lock-free rear. Bonus points if your swingarm has a brace or anything like that which you can loop the chain through.

Unless work ever takes you to London, you're probably worrying too much!

I always put my lock on the rear wheel instead of the front, stops people lifting the front off the floor and rolling it onto a van on the lock-free rear. Bonus points if your swingarm has a brace or anything like that which you can loop the chain through.

:lol: It was a series of articles on Bike and Biker, featuring mostly London-based stories about brazen thefts and bike-jackings! Second disc-lock for whichever one doesn't have the chain around it probably makes sense though.

I would be concerned about leaving any desirable bike (what ever that is) in the same place regularly... One of my bikes has dint in tank and scratches on an engine case and a couple of other bits so I think that helps... The other I do not take to the same place to often, neither are high value.

If I was parking high value in the same place regularly it would be chain (preferably to ground anchor/ lamppost etc) disk locks, one of those brake locks between handlebar and brake (even if they are not good it will stop me riding off with disc locks on).

Not certain I would worry to much about quality as if they are determined they will get by anything...