Holding back

voo2doo

Hi fellas

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to biking.

I had an RD 350 lc back when I was 17 but sold it and have never been on a bike since.So last month I decided to get a Chinese DT look-a-like and its good enough for a newbie like me as I need a bit more experience until I get a decent bigger bike. I also seen a bit of a nice commuter on ebay so I bought that too.Its a Suzuki EN 125 and is in good condition. I work in the city and to get in and out is a nightmare so this little bike was ideal.I have just taxed and insured it and took it for a run but at top end mostly and through the rev range its seems to be cutting, like it's an electrical problem.The rev counter is also not working ,will this effect this ?? On the whole its on condition wise and I'm sure it can't be much but I have not worked on bikes for 30 odd years so any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

J

Thanks for the answers fellas. The bike is on an 08 plate ans thw plug was changed by the last owner so he said. I do have a multimeter so i will check on/off voltage.

It just has a mild cut at top/mid revs.

Thanks.

J

• 1 month later...

Right,now this is weird.I changed the fuel line and took the filter out.I give the bike a run and as I was riding I went to knock the choke off.As i reached down I accidentally pulled the fuel line off.With what was left in the carb bowl the bike ran faultlessly,no cut,smooth rev's until it ran out of what was left in the bowl.

Can this be a fuel restriction problem then??

J

Right,now this is weird.I changed the fuel line and took the filter out.I give the bike a run and as I was riding I went to knock the choke off.As i reached down I accidentally pulled the fuel line off.With what was left in the carb bowl the bike ran faultlessly,no cut,smooth rev's until it ran out of what was left in the bowl.

Can this be a fuel restriction problem then??

J

Check the tank breather. ......and also the petcock.....just in case...... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues. I stripped the carb and cleaned it,when I put it back together the fuel is pissing out of the bottom.Here is the carb model in the picture.Any ideas where the line goes to from the carb on the bottom???Suzuki-GN125-GS125-GN125H-EN125-Carburetor-wholesale.jpg.bffb2e3da18a7ebc390ac2f2d2fa62b1.jpg

Thanks

J