Do you Jet wash your Bike?

onesea

<t>Do you Jet wash your bike to clean it?</t>  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Jet wash your bike to clean it?

• Hell Yes all over how else do you clean it.
    • Yes with respect for chain and electrics Etc
    • No never jet wash, soapy water for me.
    • My bike get wet never dry clean only for me

Frankly, I see no reason to do anything to my bike that I don't do to myself: Plenty of feeding, no arse wiping and gripping with both hands on a frequent basis.

...You use tweezers and a magnifying glass to polish your exhaust?!? :shock:

Please explain the meaning of the terms "jet wash" and "wash".

If I really have to:

Jet Wash:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrqHM7PNDL9y4Y6W7DSHDCwtBQ6PSDFJuBPx4pJnuiW1Qe52Ll

Possibly including some of this:

f4d6713fb3fcc238626d342468b54ae3.jpg

Probably finishing like this (or with jet wash):

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attachments/new-york/133532d1186966340-another-li-bikini-bike-wash-dsc01214.jpg

Washing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbAFHKHWlXF3nMK7VtyIUK6B0K5YoD1oT6n9Fam4p6nRZ_rMjr-Q

http://images2.laweekly.com/imager/sons-of-anarchy-bikini-bike-wash/u/original/5031363/9972776.0.jpg

Maybe followed by a gentle bit of this:

http://www.ihsturgis.com/gallery/getimage.aspx?image_id=232

Probably finishing like this:

http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241550&d=1467665375

Dry Cleaning:

In all certainty I am not certain how it works but they seem to be demonstrating below...

065598ce5a28ccba78ea57699395f5bf.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/r9li6b.jpg

thumb-1920-241544.jpg

673bc9dbf3f8ac0e5b4eac4fa5905d84.jpg

8c0d0676695d282360b2e527ed5bd815.jpg

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/ysz85d-l-610x610-swimwear-bikini-bathers-bathingsuit-milkmaid-milk+goat-deus+bike-custome+bikes-motorbike-bali-rock+roll-spikes-island+babe-jeffrey+campbell.jpg

I hope that helps...

You need to be careful with the jet wash. Obviously keep away from chain and electrics but you also need to be careful with brake calipers, wheel bearing seals, etc. Crud collects at the top of my swing arm and I used to spray that out with a normal hose but that was powerful enough to push water past the seal for the rear shock mount which caused corrosion in the bearing and seized the bolt to the sleeve so I've stopped doing it. Hose is just used for a light rinse now.

I used a jet wash on my CBR600 F3 once, it did a good job but did a little damage to the decals and a little chipping. These days I get my bike hand washed by lovely red head in a white top - because I win at life :D

I don't someone said I could break stuff,

Some/most of them have a pressure setting that's a bit lower so as to be safe for bikes. Also you can always repack your bearings and whatnot with marine grease to help keep the water out :thumb:

i use my bosses jetwasher every now and then, never caused me any issues (touch wood) although i need to give the bike a thorough wash, she hasnt been cleaned in over a week

I don't someone said I could break stuff,

Someone... like Honda?

this from an owners manual. they consider it important enough they repeat it.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 11.24.38.png[/attachment]

Coin operated car wash? Water is least of your issues when those brushes clunk down on your head! [emoji38]

I have been looking into this lately. So the high powered jet wash you find at a car wash or expensive home unit with a high psi is apparently not good for continued use. However a lower power unit like the Karcher K2 is fine I have seen due to the pressure is not as high. I am seeing more and more bikers now using one along with the snowfoam lance. Ill soon be doing the same once we get an outside tap sorted. If you are riding daily its so much easier to use a low powered jet wash once a week.

I wouldn't use a high powered jet wash. I just use the garden hosepipe with one of those adjustable heads you can set to a gentle spray. And I buy multi-packs of Kent brand microfibre cloths for cleaning.

Haven't washed mine yet, but then it has rained a lot recently :D

Haven't washed mine yet either, but it's getting somewhat mucky already. Slightly bemused how the top of the hugger is so dirty in particular!

I do power wash mine, but I keep the nozzle a safe distance away to reduce the pressure.

During the summer just a wash and hose down is enough.

After a jet wash I make sure it dried and greased lubricateda ss required. Then waxed the following day.

Haven't washed mine yet, but then it has rained a lot recently :D

Haven't washed mine yet either, but it's getting somewhat mucky already. Slightly bemused how the top of the hugger is so dirty in particular!

Just seen the pics, nice bike :thumb:

So it's not bright white anymore I guess? :)